MYRA MANLEY WATKINS
● Probation Officer with five years experience,
● 6 years of teaching experience
● 10 years of public relations/sales experience/customer service.
● Receptionist and office manager for former father in law and husband’s used car dealership
● Published works include a family history book titled “Segraves/Seagraves and related families in North Georgia” 1990, newspaper articles and tabs on Newspaper in Education and “NIE”: Newspaper In Education” English Teacher magazine 1980’s. Volunteered for the Washington County Georgia Genealogical Library.
● Georgia College and State University, Milledgeville, GA. Political Science/Public Administration B.S.; Minor in Criminal Justice; Non-degree Secondary Social Science Teaching Degree,
● Jackson High School, Jackson, GA. H igh School Diploma Professional Experience
● Georgia Probation Management. May 2017 to January, 2018. Probation Officer.
S upervised p robationers, p repared c ourt o rders a nd w arrants, w orked w ith t he c ourt S ystem, c ollected m oney a nd d id c lerical d uties.
● ENDOCHOICE, Alpharetta GA. March 2015 to May, 2017. C onduct rework, inspect items for damage, etc. Also, use NetSuite for this type of work.
● RANSTAD Temp Agency, Alpharetta, GA. And PrideStaffing Temp Agency Sept. 2012 to March 2015: W orked in manufacturing jobs (EndoChoice and other) putting on labels on items and worked in a medical supply company embidding medical sponges, doing inventory, conducting rework, etc.
● Probation Officer/Court Aid, Feb. 2007 to March 1, 2011 Providence Community Corrections-Sandersville, GA. Supervised Probationers, did intake at court hearings, entered data on computer and collected court fees and fines.
● Newspaper In Education Coordinator/Circulation Sales Coordinator, 1980-1986; 1998 to 2000 and 2002 to 2004
The Union-Recorder, Milledgeville, GA. Coordinated the Newspaper in Education program in area schools. Conducted workshops for educators on how to use the newspaper in the classroom as an educational tool and developed educational materials. Set up sponsorship programs between local businesses and the schools. Supervised newspaper phone and door to door sales crews, collected newspaper subscriptions, and designed ads for the circulation department.
● Teacher 1986-1989; 1994-1996
Brentwood School, Sandersville, GA. Washington CO Schools, Sandersville, Ga. Washington CI-Davisboro, GA., and Bill Ireland YDC Milledgeville, GA. Taught social science, science and Language Arts.
Fellowships and Awards
● Achievement Award Recipient 2010, Providence Community Corrections Membership and Affiliations
● Pilot Club International-Washington CO GA.
● Washington County Historical Society-Lifetime Membership
● Formally a member of First Christian Church, Sandersville, GA. Where I was the Church Historian 2005-2010 and Church Deacon
● Sandy Springs First Christian Church
References Upon Request