SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 20+ years experience managing MS Windows Active Directory networks.
Active Directory services, AD DNS, AD group policy management, creating, testing; deploying and troubleshooting group policy objects for users and computers, create custom ADM templates for GPO’s, Active Directory migrations
• 20 years overall experience in computer networking
• Expert level Windows Servers, IIS 4.0/5.0/6.0, Exchange 2010,2016, O365 Hybrid mode, Windows 7/ Win10, VPN, Firewall, Active.Directory. Migrations
• Certifications: MCP, Security+, VCP410, RHCT
• Customer service, quality driven, dependable and easily adaptable
Active Directory Schema Admin\Enterprise admin\Domain Admin
Server Operating Systems Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 Win7, Win10, Red Hat Linux various. VMware ESXi
Quest tools – Active Directory Migration manager, Change Auditor for Active Directory and Exchange, Reporter, Active Roles
Protocols TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP, SSL, 802.11, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP,
Mail Systems Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000/2003/2007/2010/2016, O365 migrations and hybrid mode environments, Linux/Sun SendMail, various anit spam solutions and e-mail archiving systems.
Web Servers IIS, Apache, SSL, HTTPS, Streaming Media
Hardware HP/Compaq, Dell Clusters, IBM, Intel, Gateway, Cisco UCS, NETAPP,
Wireless Sonic Wall TZW, Belkin, LinkSys, Microsoft and Cisco Aironet direct configuration experience. Solid understanding of all the 802.11x protocols and associated security algorithms
Security Intrusion Detection, Intrusion Prevention, Firewalls (Sonic Wall, Fortigate, Cisco, Checkpoint), Antivirus (CA, Trend Micro, Symantec, Fortigate) Tripwire, HBSS, Retina
Remote access VPN, Terminal Server (2003, 2008 Beta3), Citrix
Utilities Veritas, VMWare, Cisco Works, Ghost, Site Scope, Sniffer Pro, PC Anywhere, WhatsUp Gold, Web Trends, HP OpenView
SAN Iomega, Dell, HP/Compaq, Hitachi, NetAPP
Virtualization VMWare ESX 3.0, ESX 3.5, ESXi 4.0, ESXi 5.0, Microsoft Virtual Server, Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager, vbox, Citrix, Appsense
APEX Systems 4/1/2016 – 12/31/2017
Provide consulting services for Tesoro Corp, now Andeavor Corp. Worked as a member of the Enterprise System Administration team in a domain admin role. Provide system engineering on various projects, work on solving end user and server issues. Worked within Andeavor’s Service Now ticketing system on closing open tickets having to do with Active Directory issues supporting a multi domain environment. Also supported various Active Directory migrations from recently acquired refineries, AD migrations were performed using the Quest AD migration tool. Also supported Xenapp, Citrix, Exchange 2010, O365 migrations and troubleshoot various e-mail issues in a hybrid state, also supported multiple applications Primavera, Hard Dollar, ARCGIS, STAR, SAP, . Worked with HPE/DXC personnel to schedule virtual machine migrations from Andeavor’s local datacenter to a hosted datacenter provided by HPE/DXC. Deployed LAPS (Local Admin Password Solution), installed and configured secure jump boxes with virtual machines used to access secure SCADA environments for field engineers. Install and configure Xenapp and Citrix farms hosting various desktops, and applications published to Citrix. Install and configure 2 factor authentication using RSA authentication manager with software tokens.
JEFFERSON BANK 6/4/2013-1/7/2016
AVP – IT Infrastructure Manager
Responsible for the planning, managing and monitoring of technical infrastructure and operational supervision. Provisioned hardware, operating systems and utilities for corporate processes and applications.
Oversee the network infrastructure on a day to day basis, maximizing efficiency of the network and users’ utilization, responsible for back-ups and security. Work closely with other department personnel, orient and train new personnel and assist with the delegation of tasks and responsibilities with project work. Responsible for managing and supervising the network administrators.
Develop and manage short term and long term IT plans, processes and procedures.
Prepare, implement, maintain, and monitor enterprise information systems policies and practices.
Implementation and maintenance of new/upgraded information systems via well defined plans and procedures.
Meet deadlines, and maintain accountability for the successful operation of the enterprise network.
Designed, implemented and supported activities associated with computer architecture, operations, security, and cross-platform production.
Identify and improve processes that enhance performance objectives.
Create, test and implement disaster recovery plans, back-up and recovery procedures.
Diagnose, resolve and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Manage VPN Networks and Firewalls.
Manage VMware platform, planned, designed, and deployed virtual infrastructure on VMWare.
Handle all administration of Active Directory, Upgraded AD and all member servers from Windows 2003 server to Windows 2008 server.
Maintain AD objects, policies, DNS, permissions to include MS Exchange mailboxes and network resources.
Keep on top of network performance and security issues.
Manage Windows Server farm including server maintenance, patches, and upgrades
Manage all SQL servers and databases.
Responsible for all Active Directory services and group policy management. Created and tested new GPO’s with security settings in a test OU that applied to test workstations and test users group before deploying to production. Build custom ADM templates for specific GPO’s that were not available in the built in group policies.
ARRAY Info Tech
U.S. ARMY North Ft. Sam Houston 6/4/2012-6/3/2013
Sr. Systems Engineer
• Responsible for managing the virtual infrastructure.
• Responsible for overseeing the purchase orders and inventory of new equipment for virtual infrastructure, Cisco UCS chassis and blades, Netapp FAS, and disk shelves.
• Responsible for managing the racking, stacking and connecting of equipment to the network.
• Responsible for installing and configuring Netapp SAN using data on tap 7-mode.
• Responsible for installing and configuring VMware vSphere on ESXi 5.0.
• Responsible for managing the migration, and P2V conversions of all workstations and servers.
• Responsible for managing the deployment, process and procedures of new virtual machine server builds utilizing templates.
• Responsible for managing all backups in the virtual infrastructure using Netapp snap manager for virtual infrastructure.
Responsible for managing and supporting AD GPO’s for users and computers.
Created robocopy scripts and bat files to backup userdata at 10 of our regions located throughout the U.S.
Led the W2K8 R2 Enterprise edition server migration, which resulted in a successful migration from W2K3 to W2K8 R2 and AD GPO’s that applied differently between W2K3, W2K8, Win XP and Win7
Environment: Vista, Windows7 VMWare ESXi 5.0, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise/Standard/W2K8 R2 Exchange 2003/2007, Blackberry, SQL 2005, SQL 2008 Symantec, MS Office 2003/2007, Sharepoint 2010, SCCM 2007, SCOM, ALTIRIS, CISCO UCS, NetAPP data on tap 7-mode
U.S. ARMY USAMITC Ft. Sam Houston, TX. 2007-2012
Sr. Systems Engineer
• Responsible for 5 datacenters worldwide.
• Responsible for managing a team supporting Active Directory/AD Group Policy Management/Exchange 2007 Messaging/Blackberry/Virtual Infrastructure.
• Responsible for managing the teams change management processes before presenting to the board for approval.
• Managed all Active Directory, IIS, Exchange, Iron Mail, SQL, Anti-Virus, Backups, Remote Desktop, patches, fixes, and network troubleshooting.
• Enabled continuous security and VPN access to client sites via Cisco PIX, NetGear, and Fortigate IDS/IPS.
• Preserved backups for D&R using NetBackup, MS Backup and Veritas.
Key Achievement: Was commended for playing a key role in a joint effort to pass a highly regarded DoD inspection called the DAIG as a result, 4 of our developed processes were adopted and have been set as a standard throughout the U.S. ARMY.
Environment: Desktop, XP, Vista, Win7, Windows Server 2003/2008 Enterprise/Standard, Exchange 2007,SQL 2005, Remedy, Symantec, HBSS, MS Office 2003/2007, Blackberry, SCCM, SCOM, VMware ESXi 4.0, HP EVA 8100, HP blades
San Antonio Express News/MYSA San Antonio, TX. 2006-2007
Project Manager/Senior Systems Administrator
Responsible for AD forest, all domain controllers, AD objects and group policy objects,
• Planned, designed, tested and deployed the virtual infrastructure on Dell blades.
• Led the planning, designing, testing and implemented forest migration and merger successfully of all systems, users and computers and group policy objects from MYSA active directory forest to the San Antonio Express News forest using Quest Active Directory migration tool
• Responsible for managing all electronic messaging on Exchange 2003, maintaining MX records in DNS for numerous domain name routing
• Managed the cutover to postini for anti spam filtering
• Managed the implementation for electronic news paper through e-mail as an option for customers in remote locations.
• Managed PKI, offline root CA and certificates for all workstations, servers, users, and websites.
• Intensive IT group document creation to include user use policies, security policies, scope of support definitions, acceptable use policies, remote access policies, and many others.
Key Achievement: Received employee of the month within the 3rd month of employment.
Environment: Linux, Sun Solaris 10 (x86), Windows 2000/2003/2008 (Beta 3), XP, Vista (64bit) network operating environment, BIND DNS, Active Directory, POSTINI, Exchange 2003, Blackberry, CISCO checkpoint firewall, MS clusters, ZFS, NFS, NIS mapping (single sign on), SQL 2005, IIS, Wiki, Citrix, Magic, Apache, Hitachi SAN, Dell Blades.
Nortel Gov’t Solutions
U.S. ARMY MEDCOM Ft. Sam Houston, TX. 2005-2006
Lead Systems Engineer
• Tier 3 Active Directory/ AD GPO and Exchange 2003 engineering
• Expertly handled security audits and maintained the highest degree of security compliance (DoD).
• Tested and implemented group policies for users and computers to provide solutions to field engineers having numerous highly complex issues.
• Managed and maintained production, production test, and dev lab Active Directory environment for thousands of users.
• Maintained web presence by clustering IIS and SQL with HP blades.
• Configuring web farms, web front ends in DMZ to backend servers.
• Provided leadership, direction, and training for helpdesk personnel.
Key Achievement: Deployed first instance of virtual infrastructure in production.
Environment: Windows 2003 network operating environment. Exchange 2003 for mail. HP EVA SAN, SQL, IIS 5.0/6.0, Veritas 9.1, Sharepoint, Cisco routers, PIX firewalls.
Clear Channel Communications San Antonio, TX. 2000-2005
Senior Lead Systems Engineer
• Managed a team of 6 sys admins in support of Active Directory, AD group policies and Exchange 2000.
• Successfully converted entire e-mail system to Exchange 2003.
• Managed Active Directory and Exchange migrations of newly acquired properties around the world.
• Intensive knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec, and VPN tunneling technologies.
• Detailed understanding of firewalls and Enterprise level security.
• Planned implemented and maintained data backup solutions.
• Maintained tape media libraries related to backup solutions.
• Worked directly with internal customers to ensure data archival and recovery.
• Implemented, maintained and troubleshot directory service related functions.
• Planned, evaluated, and implemented solutions pertaining to hardware and operating systems.
• Maintained and troubleshot current operating platforms and services.
• Tested potential solutions thoroughly before implementing into production.
• Interacted with appropriate IT developers, functional representatives, regional IT Directors, and customers internal IT departments when necessary to resolve issues.
• Trained users in the use of software applications on-site or in classrooms, or recommends outside contractors to provide training.
• Tested software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and clarity/accuracy of documentation.
• Wrote or revised user training manuals and procedures.
• Used as a lead resource on projects of large scope and complexity. Acts as subject matter expert for a variety of hardware, software, operating systems, and network technologies.
Key Achievement: Deployed Blackberry messaging, Successful Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 migration, Successful Active Directory migrations using Aelita/Quest Active Directory migration tool: Hybrid Windows 2000/2003/NT 4 network operating environment. Active Directory, Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 for mail. Iomega SAN, SQL, Epicore, IIS 5.0/6.0, Veritas 9.1, Sharepoint, Cisco routers, PIX firewalls.
1990-1993 San Antonio College Computer Science
1995-2000 Texas A&M Engineering Computer Science
2004-2007 University of Phoenix Computer Science