Claremont, CA, ***11
PHD candidate in Economics
Claremont Graduate University,
Expected Graduate Date: May 2019
Master of Arts in Economics,Global
Commerce and Finance
Claremont Graduate University,
Degree awarded: Aug 2014
Relevant Course: Econometrics I,
International Finance and Econ
Development(developing and emerging
Bachelor of Science in Financial
Yunnan University of Finance and
Economics, Kunming, China
Degree awarded: Jul 2012
Relevant Course: Financial Risk
Management, Financial Derivative, and
Fixed income securities
Experienced Data Analysis
Econometrics Panel Data Time Series Data Financial Data Research Experience
International Monetary & Finance Research Assistant Sep. 2017- Present Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA
• Manage the International Monetary and Financial Workshop;
• Participate in empirical research including data searching and cleaning, data analysis using Stata, and graph generating.
Neuroeconomics Research Assistant September 2016 - May 2017 Center for Neuroeconomics Studies, Claremont,CA
• Assisted in a study for Morning Star Company on organizational culture and employee productivity by helping on data entry for 1000 surveys and analyzing survey data by using Ofactors method.
• Grants application for multiple projects: money pressure with CITI bank, wearable sensors, and oxytocin with autism.
Data Analysis Experience
• Panel data: Using Stata to run regression to evaluate and analyze a panel of 44 countries over three periods to find the relationship between energy and GDP growth.
• Time Series Data: Testing China’s stock market efficiency based on 12 years daily closing price stock indices of Chinese stock exchanges in Shanghai and Shenzhen for A and B shares. We applied unit root test and variance ratio test by using Stata and Eviews.
• Big data(machine learning): Using Azure and Tableau to find the factors affect the level of the private education expenditure. Dataset: cross- sectional data in 2012 for 10 variables from 72 countries. We applied 3 regression models and 3 classification models.
• Testing stock market efficiency by applying entropy or other complexity tools.
• Data Analysis
• Macro/Micro Economics
• Econometrics Modeling
• Project Management
• Applied Research
• Time Series
• Bilingual Mandarin
• Passed CFA Level I
• Microsoft Office Suite:
Excel, PowerPoint, Word
For more information,please visit my LinkedIn profile:www.linkedin.com/pub/qiyun-li/78/864/734 Qiyun Li (Lori)
Academic Activities & Awards
Project Manager Nov.2010 - Nov.2011
Yunnan University of Finance and Economics, Kunming, China
• Managed undergraduate research training plan, selected topic, developed surveys, analyzed data, and published thesis.
• $16,000 Fellowship during 2015 to 2016, Claremont Graduate University
• 25% scholarship during master’s degree in CGU
• 1 of 2 students out of 50 to receive Thesis Excellence Awards,Yunnan University of Finance and Economics
Marketing Analyst Dec. 2014 - May 2015
Natural Health Fountain 1, San Gabriel, CA
• Wrote business plan and management plan with management team;
• Forecasted the company revenue by researching and analyzing market conditions, pricing, sales and market share;
• Forecasted 5-years company growth on workforce and client base . Economics Research Assistant Sep. 2013 - Dec. 2013 Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA
• Assisted in research data management for a research project on Russia labor force and taxation.
Banking Intern Feb. 2012 - May. 2012
Qujing Commercial Bank, Qujing, China
• Collaborated to prepare pre-loan investigation reports for management team review by analyzing companies’ financial statements, personal statement and on-site investigation of production situation
• Analyzed customer needs to suggest appropriate product options. Consulting Intern July 2011
Price Waterhouse Coopers(PwC), Shanghai, China
• Assisted with establishment of framework for small and medium-sized enterprise credit evaluation system using strategic models. For more information,please visit my LinkedIn profile:www.linkedin.com/pub/qiyun-li/78/864/734