To Whom It May Concern:
Throughout my career, I have been a successful automotive parts and service management professional. I am now seeking the possibility of new opportunities and would like to discuss with you how my experience may be of benefit to your organization.
My prime motivation in seeking a career move is to exercise my abilities and use my accumulated experience to the fullest extent. The challenge of continued personal growth and of contributing to organizational profit is important to me.
I have the expertise, business acumen and background needed to make an immediate contribution. In addition, I have a thorough understanding of teamwork and the leadership qualities required to make a professional impact.
My resume is enclosed for your consideration. I am confident I can provide the level of performance you require. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss my qualifications in detail and to answer any questions you may have.
115 Drake Way
Sebastian, Florida 32958
Summary of Qualifications:
• Accomplished and results-oriented automotive professional with 30 years experience in all aspects of parts & service management.
• Solid technical knowledge complemented by the capability of understanding and explaining complex concepts to customers, staff and management.
• Proven ability to manage overall department operations through innovative leadership approaches while cultivating and maintaining business to achieve greater profit potential.
• Extensive knowledge of mechanical, technical and fixed operations management procedures to determine equipment, parts and manpower requirements.
• Adept at developing and implements sales and management strategies, policies and programs to enhance market share and increase profit center objectives. Maintain strict cost controls through selective purchasing, precise inventory management, and rotation of stock and proven ability to negotiate terms to facilitate cash flow.
Areas of Strength
* Fixed Operations Staff Development * Inventory Management
* Profitability * Technical Expertise * Restructuring
I am a very organized and detail oriented person. I have always prided myself on being able to instill loyalty and respect from my co-workers and my employees.
• ATCON Automotive: 1999
• General Motors Fixed Operations Management: 1995
• General Motors Service Management: 1994
• Mercedes Benz Management I, II, & III : 1986
• General Motors IDL’S
Shariffe Slack 954-***-****
Trane Supply Pompano Bch Fl
HR Director, Palm Bay Chevrolet General Manager, Palm Bay Chevrolet
November 2015 thru Present
Linus Cadillac Buick GMC
FIXED OPERATIONS MANAGER:
Handle and oversee all phases of new car dealership service, parts and body shop departments.
Staffing, inventory control, customer satisfaction, advertising, purchasing.
Able to read and understand financial statements and produce forecasts.
Handle all phases of factory warranty parts and returns.
Maintain high customer satisfaction scores and a profitable bottom line to the stores gross margin and profit line.
Work well with other department managers for the increased profitability and success of the stores future.
Ran service department for 6 months during lapse of service director.
April 2014 thru November 2015
Germaine Distributing Co
Oversee daily operations of AC Equipment and distribution of Units, parts and all phases of dealing with AC contractors on a daily basis.
Handle warranties of 9 different lines of Vendors.
Manage and oversee staff of 6.
Coordinate all daily deliveries and management of warehouse operations.
Produce monthly sales in the $450 to 500, 000 plus range with a gross margin percentage of 25 to 35 %.
July 2010 thru March 2014
Trane HVAC (Ingersoll Rand) Pompano Beach, Fl
Oversee operations and productivity of HVAC parts department.
In charge of staff of 5 persons.
Inventory of $600k with monthly sales of 320k to 419k with a gross margin profit of
216k to 245k per month. Took a store that was last in district of 5 and within 6 months became the top producing store in the district. In mid 2011 our district merged with north Florida district, adding 7 more stores. Still maintained the top status in a district of 12 stores on a continuous basis.
Dec 2007 – 2010 Rosner Chevrolet (Melbourne Chevrolet)
Manage $300 k plus inventory,Run profitable and growing department
Supervise and manage staff of 6. Supervised all aspects of parts ordering and department operations
Average sales of $225,000 to $250,000 in parts
Average gross profit of $72,000 to $80,000
Very well versed in GM RIM program and Reynolds & Reynolds in house system, ADP in house system.
Inventory control and inventory order management.
Feb 2003-Nov 2007 Jim Rathmann Chevrolet/Palm Bay Chevrolet
Fixed Operations Director
• Parts/Service director for two GM Chevrolet dealerships and oversaw inventory exceeding $500,000. Reynolds & Reynolds in house system.
Over saw operations of Fixed operations producing $450,000 + of sales
• Set inventory criteria and ordered all stock and customer special order parts.
• Achieved all departmental goals and sales objectives as set by the General Manager.
• Supervised and managed staff of 80
Responsible for hiring and firing of department staff.
Departmental parts gross sales of $250000 to $280000
Positive bottom line profit.
Company bought out by Rosner Automotive Group in 2007.
June 2000-Jan 2003 Gordon Chevrolet, Tampa Fl
• Parts manager at Gordon Chevrolet with $300,000 inventory and average sales of $220,000 per month with a gross profit of $75,000-$80,000. This profit is an increase volume from $55,000.
• Supervised and managed staff of 7.
Nov 1994-May 2000 Auto way Pontiac GMC, Port Richey, Fl
Parts Manager (7years); Service Manager (2 years)
• Increased fixed operations volume from $145,000 to $270,000.
• Increased fixed operations gross profit from $70,000 to $145,000.
• Increased CSI from 2.4 to 3.8.
• Supervised and managed staff of 19.
Nov 1991-Nov 1994 Sam Taylor Buick Cadillac, Ft. Walton Beach, Fl
Parts & Service Director
Oversaw the daily operations of the automotive repair shop. Duties included but not limited to scheduling of employees, staying within guidelines of local and state regulations. Communicating with vendors, initiating new services, ordering necessary items for shop, maintaining customer database to ensure accuracy of work performed. Also responsible for meeting quotas and budget projections, Profit and Loss spread sheets. Responsible for interacting directly with advertising firms (radio and print) to reach target demographics. Direct communication with customers in regard to their vehicles concern/status of repair, addressing and selling the necessary repair to ensure customers concern is corrected. Customer retention: contacting customers to follow up on previous repairs to ensure their satisfaction.
• Supervised and managed staff of 18.
• Made daily decisions of running both service and parts department.
Have had extensive counter experience as both front and back counter person in General Motors, Nissan, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, VW, and Hyundai, Jeep, and Chrysler.
Spent 6 years as counterman for heavy duty trucks and construction equipment for Cummins Engine Company and International Harvester Company, Mack and White Freightliner.