Randy Duerksen Operations & Manufacturing Manager
email@example.com • https://www.linkedin.com/in/randy-duerksen-7446a82 404-***-**** • Germantown, TN Driven operations and manufacturing manager with extensive experience within high-performing plants. Analytical leader skilled in all aspects of industrial manufacturing operations. Collaborative communicator continually focused on building relationships and promoting synergy across all aspects of operations to drive positive change, cohesive business approaches, and enhanced profitability. Extensive background with specializations in product quality programs, personnel training and development, continuous process improvement, and workplace safety. Areas of Expertise include:
Complex Project Management Revenue & Profit Growth State-of-the-Art Technology
Staff Training & Leadership Client Relationship Management Financial Planning
Lean Manufacturing Expertise
Focus on Workplace Safety
Process & Systems Efficiency
Productivity & Quality Metrics
BWAY CORPORATION • Memphis, TN • 2003 to 2018
The leading manufacturer of rigid metal, plastic, and hybrid containers. PLANT MANAGER
Directed all aspects of plant operation for steel container and steel can assembly. Oversaw comprehensive activities of all departmental managers: quality, shipping, customer service, scheduling and planning, HR, finance, and production. Managed plant’s margin objectives, budgets and spending, throughput, and quality initiatives. Key Accomplishments:
• Achieved multiple years without recordable or lost time accidents by employing safety measures and procedures.
• Established several small businesses in growth industries, focusing on sales and operational excellence.
• Reduced labor crew by 40% after streamlining workflow and implementing new technology; efforts resulted in a total annual cost savings of $420K.
• Decreased total plant headcount by 20% while simultaneously achieving high productivity and quality metrics.
• Earned 93% market share of US oblong can business via the highest levels of client service and product superiority.
• Significantly enhanced plant operations by sponsoring and developing lean manufacturing programs and initiatives.
• Measurable upgrades included preventative maintenance schedules and a program to monitor equipment downtime.
• Created a diversified plant population by developing plant’s minority training and promotion program.
• Received Sherwin-Williams Outstanding Supplier Award multiple years for Bway Memphis plant.
• Received Bway Plant of the Year President’s Award for two years for outstanding plant safety, quality, and productivity. SILGAN CONTAINERS CORPORATION • Crystal City, TX • 1986 to 2003 The largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. PLANT MANAGER
Oversaw all aspects of operation of food can plant producing approximately 200M containers annually. Led personnel development programs, including training employees with weak technical skills to help them learn to confidently operate and maintain high-tech manufacturing equipment.
• Project-managed the installation of a new production line, ensuring its on-time, under-budget startup.
• Built and fostered relationships with key customers to continuously maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
• Consistently exceeded financial and operating targets while ensuring smooth plant operation.
• Played instrumental role in encouraging professional development of staff and achieving continuous improvement. Additional experience includes supervisory positions at Del Monte (Crystal City, TX and Mendota, IL). Randy Duerksen
Page Two of Two
Education & Training
Relevant Coursework, Sul Ross University (Uvalde, TX) and Franklin College (Franklin, IN) Management Courses in Supervision and Leadership 60 Hours SPC Training Lean Manufacturing Various Courses for Specific Manufacturing Equipment
SAP, MS Office (including advanced Excel), Kronos, Proprietary Plant Software