Fremont, Ca - 94536
M.S. Food Science Drexel University
[SEPTEMBER ’16 – MARCH ‘18]
CUMULATIVE GPA – 3.80
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering M.B.U University, Solan
 – 
Food Engineering Sensory Evaluation Food Preservation process Food Analysis Food Microbiology Food Chemistry
Wine Science Food Comp. & Behavior Macronutrient Metabolism EXPERIENCE
[QC Engineer] [JNCS Cold Storage]
[JAN ‘16] – [JULY‘16]
• Responsible for maintaining and handling the quality for long-term storage of potatoes.
• Involves curing the potatoes between 7 to 10 days with 95% humidity.
• Controlling the temperature inside the cold rooms depending on the type of potatoes to produce for chips (7-8 C), fries (5-6 C) or fresh use (2-3 C) in the Refrigeration Plant.
• Finally, increasing the temperature of potatoes during the end of the storage to reconstitute the starches from reducing sugars to avoid the Maillard reaction.
[Product Development] [Global Gourmet, India]
[FEB ‘15] – [JAN ‘16]
• Responsible for creating new methods and processes to preserve frozen food and increase food manufacturing efficiency.
• Initiated market research studies and analyzed findings to understand customer and market opportunities.
• Working with quality assurance teams to maintain food product standards.
• Identify and correct quality problems.
• Perform temperature safety and quality checks of frozen foods
• Ensure operations are safe and effective.
• Evaluation and modification of saponification and enzymatic methods for cholesterol estimation in egg yolk by comparing three official methods: AOAC 941.09, AOCS Ca 6b-53 & AOAC 994.10 (2017- 2018 )
[Quantified the Free and esterified cholesterol from egg yolk using the protocols of the official methods using KOH and ethanol to initiate saponification reaction. The saponified residues were subjected to seven different sampling intervals. The remaining residue is then run in HPLC (Sigma Aldrich C-18 Columns) for determination and quantification of cholesterol] PROJECTS
• Extraction and quantification of phenolic compounds from Olive Mill Wastewater and their potential for application as antioxidants in foods 
[Generated olive mill wastewater in the laboratory via an approximation of industrial olive oil production procedures. Concentration via drying of phenolic antioxidant compounds such as hydroxytyrosol and subjected to ultrasonication probe at 100 watts, 30 kHz following the quantification and identification of extracted phenols by High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
(HPLC- Synergy Phenomenex 250 x 4.6 mm column)) (UV and ECD). Enhanced the development of fortified olive oil with the hydroxytyrosol from olive mill wastewater]
• Modelling and control of an Active Suspension System for a full car model [2014-2015] INTERNSHIP
• Nirala Engineers, Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation, Vadodara
[Administered the production and functioning of helical gear, spur gear, face gear, sprockets and bevel gear. Worked on CNC turning and milling machines. Hands on experience in the manufacture of different kinds of gears with time study on the methods for making gears] SKILLS
• NEHA HACCP Certified Manager (HACCP for Processors and Manufacturers)
• Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
• Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) 2016 – Present
• Professional Manufacturing Confectioners Association (PMCA)
• Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, India (APEDA) ACTIVITIES
• Winner of Inter Departmental Tennis Tournament (2014)
• Winner of Inter University Football Competition (2013)
• Part of Drexel Competitive Tennis Team (2016- )