New York, NY - email@example.com MV Experience
Helpdesk Manager at SourceMedia
September 2013 - Present
● Supervise desktop support team throughout the US and Dubai.
● Provide day-to-day support for 3 US offices and off-site employees.
● Support the pre-press production of 2 daily magazines and 40+ periodical magazines.
● In-depth knowledge of Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Dreamweaver,) Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Project) of productivity applications and a variety of other publishing-related applications.
● Facilitate the employee onboarding and separation process.
● Working with management to leverage IT resources to improve departmental workflow.
● Troubleshoot the prepress processes that support magazine and newspaper development: Editorial systems, Ad-Placement, Ad Tracking, RIP-printing, and color calibration.
● Researching new and existing hardware, software and cloud-based services for inclusion into company standards.
● Support Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X, Windows Server 2008, 2012, Mac OS X Server 10.x, iOS, and Android platforms.
● Administration and support with the use of Dameware, Desktop Central, and Apple Remote Desktop, and VMware vSphere.
● Built and maintain servers for workstation deployment, an internal documentation wiki and electronic forms for Quality Assurance.
● Create and maintain standard images for desktop deployment using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
● Administration of VPN access for end users.
● Administration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager for setting up telephone and voicemail.
● Managing and troubleshooting Ready Access conference bridge and WebEx conference account for end users.
● Administering mobile phone accounts and mobile device management.
● Deployment and management of Sophos SafeGuard drive encryption for laptops.
● Administration of Cisco Meraki System Manager for Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Profile Manager for remote management.
● Training users and technicians on various technical tasks and procedures. Vives
Project Manager at WPP
June 2010 - March 2013
● Maintained video conferencing hardware.
● Resolved security issues created by malicious software by utilizing antivirus and antispyware/malware solutions.
● Blackberry, Android and iOS support for corporate use.
● Direct remote support of satellite offices with no local support staff.
● Escalated tickets to appropriate support pools and followed through to completion.
● Maintained SLA by taking ownership and prioritization of assigned tasks.
● Network/Server connectivity issues shared access and verifying user account configuration.
● Active Directory administration.
● Scheduled and assisted EU with Video Conferencing sessions.
● Triaged basic problems, taking corrective action to ensure availability and minimize downtime.
● Built and maintain intranet wiki website for centralization of documentation of procedures.
● Documented and train technicians on Microsoft Deployment Technology for OS deployment and backup.
● Creating Mac Pro and Macbook images and security profiles.
● Trained new help desk support personnel that included, procedure, methodology, and coaching.
IT Manager at Switch Space
November 2006 - May 2010
● DNS, Email, file server and database administration.
● Analyzing network messaging for debugging (SIP, RTP, FTP).
● Configure VoIP devices like ATAs, Polycom and Cisco phones as well as Asterisk endpoints.
● Monitored telephone and network conditions for 6 remote sites.
● Support VPN administration and support.
● Provided technical support internally as well as for wholesale telephony customer systems.
● Installs, moves, adds and changes to computers, networks, and telecom equipment.
● Escalated prioritized and followed through with advanced technical issues to client-side senior engineers.
● Backup administration, implementation, and support.
● Installed, configured production and redundant servers, networking equipment, and databases.
● Software debugging, hardware support, testing of new products.
● Write basic scripts and implemented utilities to proactively monitor mission critical services on both Mac OS X Server and MS Windows Server 2000.
● Responded to technical emergencies 24/7 to prevent service interruptions to customers.
● Junior database, network, DNS and email administration. Macintosh Support Engineer at Columbia University
March 2004 - November 2006
● Provided Tier 1 and 2 support and resolved network connectivity, virus and spyware, email support, account administration issues.
● Maintained the University's site licensing website and online software documentation.
● Distributed and supported the University's site licensed software and documentation.
● Advised and marketed Apple products to the campus community in a pre and post sales capacity.
● Responsible for the evaluation, assessment and QA of new technology, software and implementation procedures.
● Troubleshooted and resolved network and access-related cross platform compatibility issues.
Senior Support Engineer at Florida International University October 2002 - February 2004
● Provided support tier 2 support for the Office of the Governor of the State of Florida and the FIU General Counsel.
● Troubleshooted VOIP devices and software, replacing phones and configuring switches. Vives
● Project lead on printing/ workflow implementation and printer upgrades and rollouts.
● Troubleshooted and solved network and access related cross-platform compatibility issues.
Senior Deskside Support Engineer at Young & Rubicam July 1999 - October 2002
● Mastering disk images for both Mac OS and Windows XP .
● Maintained printing hardware including but not limited to color copiers and large scale plotters and RIPs.
● Assisted in maintaining network, including servers, client workstations and print servers
● Supported users in Photoshop, Microsoft Office components and general software and operating system issues.
● Troubleshooted and solved network and access related cross platform compatibility issues.
- Proficient with all current releases of Macintosh, Linux and Windows platforms
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Acronis and JAMF Casper Suite
- Proficient all releases of iPhone and Android platforms
- Proficient with Adobe Connect, Webex and Polycom Video Conference Systems
- Proficient with all current releases of MS Office, Adobe CS, Adobe Acrobat and font management
- Proficient with various asset management and helpdesk trouble ticket software
- Encryption, Backup, Imaging, Telephony and Network Operations