Snellville, Georgia 30039
An Administrative Assistant with ten years of experience in healthcare setting providing support to senior executives. Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects within a face-paced environment. A self-motivated professional with IT skills to elicit information needed to clarify inquiries and requests having dealt with a diversity of professionals.
● EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
● MS Office Suite 2010 (Word, A ccess,
● PeopleSoft (Procurement)
● Bachelor Degree in Business of Science Administration, Kaplan University, F ebruary 2016
● Associate Degree of Applied Business Administration, Kaplan University, M ay 2014
● Certificate of Medical Administrative Assistant, Georgia Medical Institute, M ay 2003 AWARDS:
● Employee of the Month: November 2016
February 2017- March 2018
Administrative Assistant, Sr. (Risk Management Department) Department of Finance-Atlanta, GA
● Maintaining the Director and Managers' calendars
● Making international and domestic travel arrangements
● Scheduling and coordinating meetings
● Review, a nalyzes, and evaluate data or surveys from Worker’s Compensations, Origami and DriveCam reports.
● Assisting with the department budget preparation
● Researches, identifies and develops solutions to problems
● Drafting letters and documents in addition to creating presentations
● Develop reports of Worker’s Compensation, insurance accidents/incidents within City of Atlanta for use in the department planning and budget development. Administrative Assistant, (Respiratory & Cardiology Department) G rady Health System - Atlanta, GA April 2008- February 2017
● Calendar management for (Cardiology, Respiratory, and Pulmonary Department)
● Budget management, meeting coordination, vendor management/monitoring, filing and organizing documentation.
● Reviews each patient account; credit charges or reverse balance for Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance companies.
● Ability to determine whether charges are the result of overpayments or error by user and take the appropriate plan of action.
● Monitoring inventory on a regular basis and provide feedback to the Management team.
● Ability to screen applicant resume, setup on-boarding, coordinate with applicants for interview date and time, and recruiting.
● Ensure the Job-Specific, New Hire Orientation, Unit Specific Orientation, Annual Training, and Skills Validations has appropriate documentation is completed and filed.
● Organize and create New Hire orientation packages/booklet. Schedule date and time for 30 and 90 day On Boarding with new hire and Director.
● Keep track of all certifications and medical license certification renewals.
● Perform charge posting duties within the Respiratory Billing and Coding department.
● Maintain updates of Policies and Procedure Manual for Respiratory, Crestview, Nursery and Pulmonary Lab manuals
& Criteria Based Evaluations (CBE).
● Administrative Duties includes receives and screens incoming calls and visitors, determines which are priority matters, and alerts the administrators or staff accordingly.
● Participate in Respiratory Administrative Meeting (Biweekly), mandatory In-services and Education training to understand the department training needs.
● Coordinate with the Clinical Specialist about specific dates, times, and locations training for Respiratory Therapists.
● Maintain and keep up with biweekly and monthly lab and procedures count for Pulmonary Lab, Crestview Dept., and Respiratory Department through EPIC into Pivot tables.
● Review audit reports from all departments after data been reported and correct any data entry errors within EPIC.
● Work closely with the IS Application Coordinator and System Support managers to meet the department performance goals and productivity.
● Analyze and assesses Hospital Transaction Report (HTR) and Reconciliation Charge Reports, workflows, and processes in EPIC system.
● Set up, Monitor and reconcile patients’ accounts using the EPIC system, maintain accurate manual records, and audit reports to ensure correct procedures are being followed. Data Manager (1 year Contract), Morehouse School of Medicine (COPD Study) -Atlanta, GA. July 2011-June 2012
● Managing and cleaning the study subject database.
● Contacting study subjects by phone and mail for updated personal information or changes
● Managing the patient's’ study subject files into Microsoft Access 2010.
● Verifies entered patient and medical record data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data and combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete.
● Purging files to eliminate duplication of data.
● Secures information by completing database backups.
● Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential. Administrative Assistant, Georgia Medical Associates-Snellville, GA March 2003- April 2008
● Interfaced with patients to assess immediate needs and schedule appointments; checking in and out patients.
● Performed wide-ranging office functions such as stocking necessary forms, distributed and sorted mail/faxes, and maintaining database.
● Verified insurance and update contact information; assist with patient referrals and pre-certifications.
● Created and maintained office documents such as: invoices, reports, data sheet. Front Office Manager, Jackson Heating and Air-Greenville, MS February 2000- March 2003
● Received incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquiries and/or refers them to other personnel.
● Maintained conference room calendar, arranges meetings and conferences as requested.
● Processed a wide variety of payroll documents and materials (e.g. time sheets, withholding information, employee contributions, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate parties.
● Paid invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment. Deposited funds in appropriate account.
● Monitored cost and expense control reports; financial information, documented files and records (e.g. copies of paid invoices, checks, documentation, reimbursements, reports vendor files, receipts, etc.).
● A/P and A/R management, managing bookkeeping entries and closing the books at the end of month.