Experience Nine years of operations experience, working in both the private and public sectors. Summary
Professional New York Road Runners (NYRR) – New York, NY 6/2016-12/2017 Experience Senior Manager, Security, Safety & Preparedness
• Directed a team dedicated to supporting the health of 50,000 NYRR runners, including the buildout of temporary hospitals and the emergency dispatch of medical and security personnel.
• Managed the contracting, scheduling and budgeting of security and medical teams.
• Contributed to the development of the Race Operations, Security and Continuity Plans.
• Worked with law enforcement on the design and development of security plans, screening checkpoints, CCTV and the NYC Marathon Command Center.
• Held internal exercises to go over contingency strategies to overcome impacts to race operations.
• Designed and taught internal safety classes.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – New York, NY 6/2014-6/2016 Logistics Support Branch Director – Incident Management Assistance Team
• Developed job aids, Standard Operating Procedures and spreadsheets to track resources and commodities during disaster events.
• Coordinated personnel and the ordering of supplies to support FEMA response to Presidential declared disasters.
• Supported senior staff in the development of logistics objectives and strategies during real-world situations and exercise.
• Worked with state and local partners to analyze and gain awareness of their jurisdictions to understand what emergency assistance they may need.
• Participated in exercises with partner agencies to test response capabilities to a disaster. New York City Fire Department (FDNY) – New York, NY 10/2013-5/2014 Project Manager
• Directed a team of consultants and staff to implement the Radio Frequency Identification
(RFID) project that tracks firefighters responding to an emergency.
• Managed a multimillion dollar budget, and directed team members in the purchasing of products.
• Developed recommendations to help design consultants get approval from Fire Department executives.
264 East Broadway C1707 NY, NY 10002 Cell: 917-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Miami-Dade County Emergency Management – Doral, FL 5/2010-1/2013 Project Manager, Emergency Management Specialist
• Authored and updated Standard Operating Procedures for the county Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
• Managed technology projects with consultants to enhance county situational awareness.
• Participated in the Continuity of Operations Plan by developing policies and procedures, and managed the alternate site Emergency Operations Center.
• Served as a participant, controller and evaluator for many county and state exercises. New York City Office of Emergency Management – New York, NY 4/2009-5/2010 Emergency Preparedness Specialist
• Assisted in the development of a training program to orient new employees to the Operations Department.
• Coordinated inter-agency response in conjunction with federal, state, and local agencies.
• Developed a process for creating and disseminating public messages to the public.
• Provided response information packets to field responders about the emergency. National Broadcasting Corporation – New York, NY 8/2004-4/2009 NBC Logistics/Warehouse Coordinator
• Pioneered the development of a new asset system which made tracking and distributing company assets more efficient.
• Coordinated field operations, including the setup of IT infrastructure, cameras and engineering equipment for large events and breaking news coverage.
• Enhanced logistics operations by building strong relationships and arranging contracts with third party vendors.
Education New York University, Course work, Transportation Engineering, NYC 2010 John Jay College of Criminal Justice, M.A., Public Administration, NYC 2007 John Jay College of Criminal Justice, B.A., Public Administration, NYC 2005 Computer Microsoft Office SharePoint Custom Databases Network & IT support Skills
• FEMA Advanced Professional Series and Professional Series
• Certified ICS 300 & 400 instructor
• Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)