Shivam Patel Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego, California Mobile: 669-***-****
• MS in Mechanical Engineering
California State University, Los Angeles Sep 2015 – May 2017
• BE Mechanical Engineering
Gujarat Technological University, India Aug 2008 – June 2012 SKILLS
Designing Tools: Solid Works, AutoCAD, Google Sketch, MS Office. Computer Tools: MATLAB, MRP System, Latex.
Process Engineer, IRP Medical, California Nov 2017 – Dec 2017
• Evaluating production activities related to manufacturing of medical parts making such as Diaphragms, Seals, Check Valves, Bellows and Boots from rubber and plastic using Heat Cured Injection Molding and Liquid Silicon Injection Molding.
• Used Fishbone and 5 why lean methodology to evaluate problem areas for strategic problem-solving.
• Recommendation based on knowledge of Plastic Injection molding process for improvement i.e. cycle time reduction and selection of pre-heat temperature.
• Supported QA department to interpret inspection method based on Customer specs related to GD&T and ASME 14.5-2009.
Production Engineer, Zodiac Energy Limited (INDIA) July 2012 – Aug 2015
• Reviewed detail Bill of Material (BOM) and Customer prints/specs related to manufacturing of Pressure Vessel, HVAC System, Heat Exchanger, Condenser and the Piping System using Solid Works, AutoCAD.
• Communicated design and spec related changes to the customer for material selection, cost-cutting and ease of production.
• Conducted NPI (New Project Introduction) activities for optimized productivity and timely delivery.
• Monitored and expedited the overall operations to ensure timely completion of the production as per due date.
• Formulated operational Strategies for the quality function by carrying out long-term and short-term quality planning in line with the organization requirements, ensuring proper resources across the units for smooth operations.
Production Engineer Intern, Shah Alloys Limited (SAL) (INDIA) May 2010 – June 2012
• Observed and understood manufacturing of Iron Coils (Hot Rolling Mill) and Steel Coils (Cold Rolling Mill) from the Core Metal.
• Experienced in Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) system for raw material inventory within the company.
• Studied the failure of bearing and designed the bearing cage for the rollers in the HRM Department using AutoCAD and Solid Works.
Solar Deployable Structure, CSULA
• Developed and designed Solar Deployable Structure which can generate electricity and easy to fit on RV Trailer.
• Used Google Sketch for sunny days calculations and sunflower technology for structure mechanism. Spider Cage, CSULA
• Analyzed Spider cage design for the kinesiology department. Made necessary changes in the design of spider cage using Solid Works and MATLAB.
• Constructed spider cage with new changes and now the physically disabled patient can do an exercise using a harness and also easy to relocate from one place to another.