NAFEES BELAL, MBA, PMP®, SAFe®
Cell # +1-610-***-**** and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org CAREER PROFILE
Information Technology Program Manager with several years of experience in managing Large IT programs with multiple complex projects. Demonstrated success by completing time-sensitive, multi-party (including vendor management) projects on-time and within budget. Proven ability to follow defined processes and methodologies to manage and deliver multiple projects (with delivery accountability) simultaneously, prioritizing each for maximum effectiveness and efficiency throughout the project lifecycle (initiation to closure). Key Competencies:
• Expert in delivering complex telecom & Enterprise IT projects on-time and on-budget.
• Proven expertise managing all Project phases (Initiation, Planning, Executing, Quality control & Closure).
• Expert level knowledge/experience in SDLC with Agile, Scrum, SAFe, DevOps & Kanban methodology.
• Proven track record of stakeholder management skills with 100% customer/sponsor satisfaction.
• Expert level knowledge and experience in MS Project, MS Excel, Version One, Rally, Jira & SharePoint.
• Responsible for managing cross functional teams with team building activity, in developing and implementing project deliverables, with an emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Areas of Expertise include:
SDLC Agile Project Management Change Management
Business Process Improvement
Budgets and Timelines
Client Relationship Management
Project Issue/escalation management
EXPERIENCE & NOTABLE CONTRIBUTION
ERICSSON • Atlanta, GA • 2016 – 2018
SENIOR PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER, CONSULTING, T-MOBILE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM
• Manage the development and delivery of consulting and system integration engagements to transform Legacy IT system to new system for operational effectiveness and lower TCO (Total cost of ownership).
• Manage scope, requirements, timeline, cost, quality of the projects by identifying and manage risks / issues and development of mitigation plans.
• Lead meetings for status reporting, scheduling, requirements, resource assignments and deliverables
• Service Delivery PMO Lead responsible for setting up the delivery and reporting processes. Reported progress to the client and vendor leadership team.
• Accountable for Developing budgets, project timelines, and monitor cost, EAC and actual, as well as tracking critical project milestones.
• Responsible to manage and drive project teams across functional areas which consist of on-shore, off-shore, contractors and vendors.
• Point of contact for escalation management along with pro-active risk tracking and mitigation.
• Accountable for the planning, scheduling and tracking of program/project timelines, resources, milestones and deliverables using portfolio/program/project management tools and best practices.
• Manage the development and on-going management of full-scale project plans and associated communications documents for all portfolio programs, projects and enhancements.
• Set, communicate and continually manage portfolio expectations with all internal and external stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner.
• Design, develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives to incorporate lessons learned from successful programs/projects/enhancements.
• Proactively manage changes in scope, schedule, resources and budget for all portfolio projects and enhancements.
• Establish and manage resource capacity planning process in collaboration with IT functional leaders.
• Identify any issues/risks to portfolio/program/project success and develop mitigation plans to manage them throughout the development life cycle.
1223 Potomac Road Atlanta, GA 30338 Phone: 610-***-**** Email: email@example.com EXPERIENCE & NOTABLE CONTRIBUTION (CONTINUED)
ERICSSON • Atlanta, GA • 2015 - 2016
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER, CONSULTING AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION (CSI), T-MOBILE Lead the North America Tier 1 operator, T-Mobile's Data Migration Stream for 60 Million+ Subscribers (pre-paid and post-paid):
• Stream Delivery Lead on a major business transformation program responsible for the delivery across several work streams: Data Migration from T-Mobile Legacy IT system to new solution stack for pre-paid and post-paid subscriber base (total of 85 million subscriber profile).
• Used highly scalable ETL (extract, Transform and Load) tool with dynamic mapping and SQL query generation where the Business put the requirement in a GUI. Web-service being used to call data dynamically.
• Developed operational construction and execution plan - detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports; track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers.
• Performed scrum master duties with day-to-day management of all phases of the project including, gathering project requirements, design, development, test and deployment, release management, and project closure tasks.
• Organized daily stand-ups with the team members with updates on the current sprints.
• Generates daily and weekly sprint reports and distributed to all the stakeholders.
• Excelled in guiding the work of technical teams by visualizing the work-flow using a Kanban Board which achieved lower lead time, high throughput, less bottlenecks of WIPs (work in process).
• Maintained active relationships with key stakeholders and project resources to drive key decisions and ensure timely project completion ERICSSON • Atlanta, GA • 2014 - 2015
PROJECT MANAGER/SCRUM MASTER, SOFTWARE SERVICES
Led the development & delivery team of consulting and system integration engagement for the state-of-the-art software solution:
• Developing strategy for standardization, methods & procedures, budgets & operational planning for project management initiatives.
• Responsible to manage direct report project teams across functional areas which consist of on-shore, off-shore, contractors and vendors.
• Organizing and facilitating project planning, daily scrum stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Producing and presenting a "Weekly Status Report" with detailed activity of the project & presenting to customer and CxO of the company.
• Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution to improve team productivity while promoting continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the successful launch of strategic integration projects through the transformation & life-cycle management (LCM). DREXEL UNIVERSITY • Philadelphia, PA • 2009 – 2013 ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (PART-TIME), COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY Taught undergraduate level evening courses in computer and electrical engineering technology and Project Management. DCCC • PA • 2007 – 2013
PROJECT MANAGER, TECHNOLOGY
Provided project management through all IT project phases including requirements gathering, cost, scope, schedule, design, development, test and deployment, release management, and quality assurance on a variety of projects. Performed cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analysis, and cultivate relationships with vendors, customers, sub-contractors, engineering teams, and stakeholders. KEY PROJECTS (CONSULTANTS):
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER, USC’ S BSS TRANSFORMATION PROJECT Led a BSS upgrade implementation project of $40 million with a 60/40 on-off shore resource split and delivered on-time and agreed quality. CODENOVO, INC. • 2005-2007
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Served as Project Manager/consultant for a Primary telecom service provider which wanted Specific customization in the billing system for better handle of product offerings (Product catalogue was handled manually) to achieve a reduced TTM and a BSCS core product upgrade was needed. Need for market differentiation with state of the art Billing System. drive further growth. Improve customer experience with billing and specifically separate bill for roaming charges. Managed the delivery E2E within budget and with 100% customer satisfaction and with required quality. DCA Services • 2002-2004
IT TECHNICAL SOLUTION ARCHITECT
BSS Solution Architect Crystal Reports Developer for a Small Business Administration (SBA) with expertise in designing and implementing reports using Crystal Reports, Access, MS Excel and extensive experience in writing SQL queries for Oracle and MS SQL Server databases. Developed user interfaces for an online self-service reporting website at SBA. EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
1. Project Management Professional (PMP) **License # 2011293, Expiry: 02/19/2020**; PMI INSTITUTE USA 2. SAFe® 4 Agilist Certification (SAFe SA) **License # 405*****-******; SCALED AGILE INSTITUTE USA 3. Master of Business Administration (MBA); PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY Great Valley, PA, USA 4. Master of Science, Electrical & Telecommunication Engineering (MS); UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE Newark, DE, USA 5. Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering (BS); UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA Norman, OK, USA