● 312-***-**** ● email@example.com ● https://www.linkedin.com/in/lambajatin/ ● https://github.com/jatinlamba TECHNICAL SKILLS
Frameworks: J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Agile, JSP, jQuery, Hadoop (Hdfs, Hive, Sqoop) Cloud/ Web Services: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Tomcat, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, JMS Tools/ Applications: Eclipse IDE, NetBeans IDE, GIT, SVN, JIRA, Docker(CI/CD), Postman, WebStorm, VMWare WORK EXPERIENCE
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago USA June 2017 – Present Research Assistant
• Developed 3 web pages for the School of Applied Technology website with Back-End code in Java using Spring MVC framework.
• Revamped the User Interface and maintained the existing website for SAT used by 5k+ students at IIT Chicago.
• Proactively performed smoke test and regression test before the “Go-Live” of new web pages to eliminate bugs. Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago USA August 2016 – May 2017 Graduate Teaching Assistant (Object Oriented Programming (Java) and (Android) under Prof. James Papademas)
• Assisted professor in outlining the projects for the batch of 150 students and designed solutions, graded and proctored exams.
• Worked closely with and mentored 75 students, helped them solve technical issues with supplemental examples through the semester. Toyota Material Handling Northern California, California USA May 2016 – April 2017 Software Engineer Intern /Co-op
• Collaborated with the developer team of 4 for implementing the Front End of E-Commerce application using jQuery UI.
• Optimized the database queries to reduce the response time by 5 secs along with API/ Back-End code in Java using Spring MVC framework.
• Resolved 10+ issues per week in staging and production environment for www.tmhnc.com.
• Coordinated with BA & Manager to understand customer’s requirements, provided effort estimations and made code changes to the application. Surpass Solutions, New Delhi India June 2014 – July 2015 Java Developer
• Applied reverse engineering techniques for prototype development by constructing HTML's from JSP's.
• Manage end-user system backups and ensure compliance with disaster recovery procedures.
• Resolved and performed regression testing for UI issues end-to-end by modifying JSP, HTML's, XML's and CSS scripts. EDUCATION
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL August 2015 – May 2017 M.S. Information Technology and Management Specialization in Software Development GPA: 3.9 PROJECTS
Data Analysis/ Data Mining (ML): Recommender System for Amazon Fine Food Reviews Spring 2017
•Processed the 568,454 food reviews Amazon user dataset and transformed the data into analyzable quantities using Machine Learning algorithms.
•Implemented and evaluated the classification algorithms that can be applied efficiently to obtain the best classifier for the dataset using Python.
•Recommended changes on how to improve customers’ purchasing selections based on analyzed data and visualized it using a word cloud. Cloud Computing Technologies: LAMP Stack Web Application Development on AWS Fall 2016
• Designed and developed an Image Sharing web application and deployed successfully in Amazon Web Service - cloud IaaS platform.
• Implemented the cloud-based concepts of load balancing, auto-scaling, and used the different products of AWS in the implementation process.
• Automated the process of application deployment and database setup by writing shell script from the CLI.
• Technologies used: AWS, EC2, ELB, IAM, SNS, SQS, LauchConfig, AutoScaling, S3, RDS, Read Replica, MySQL, Php5 SDK, Git and GitHub. Big Data Technologies: Hadoop MapReduce Programming Fall 2016
• Improved performance of a MR Job processing big data on Amazon Elastic MapReduce Cluster by implementing a Combiner and Intermediate compression.
• The performance of MR Job was analyzed for an optimal number of reducers vs compression algorithms like GZIP, BZIP2, LZ4 and SNAPPY.
• Worked on unstructured temperature log data of 10 years on a remote Hadoop cluster is extracted and analyzed.
• The performance of MR Job using Java was improved by implementation of Chain Mappers and by choosing the optimal number of reducers. Service Oriented Architecture: Spring Data REST - Starbucks Application Development Fall 2016
• Built an app that allows to access10843 Starbucks coffee shops via a RESTful API and exposes a resource to execute geo-location search for coffee shops.
• Created a custom web UI using the exposed REST API to display the search result on a Google Map.
• Built an application from scratch for airline reservation system with a better UI experience using Java-FX (frontend) and MySQL (backend).
• Implemented features such as flight search, customer registration and ticket reservation and provided admin functionalities to update price, seats availability and other flight details and the whole application was implemented on Spring MVC pattern and designed in CSS styling.
• Customers get exciting discount updates on the flight to their favorite destination on their registered email Ids with the help of JMS API. Advance Data Management: Web Application Development Fall 2015
• Created a Claybourn Sports Consulting Company database using Oracle 12c by designing the Database Schema and ER Diagram.
• Queried the Database using the concepts of Joins and Sub Queries & generated reports, graphs and charts based on the database values.
• Created a web form in Wamp Server 6.4 using PHP and made connections with Oracle 12c and created views for the fetched data.