firstname.lastname@example.org +1-480-***-**** email@example.com Graduate student in electrical engineering specialized in the power systems domain, with a professional experience of 2.5 years in the oil field, residential and commercial electric distribution, and with an academic research experience of 1 year in the grid optimization and energy markets. Education:
• Master of Science – Electrical engineering Dec 2017 Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
• Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical May 2012
Ainshams University, Egypt
• Technical Office Engineer: DMG: Residential Distribution May 2015 – Dec 2015
Creating design drawings, single line diagrams, designing load schedules based on National Electric Code and auditing execution, leading to a better coordination between the technical office and the site staff to meet the deliverables on time.
Coordinating between contractors for the facilitation of execution and quality assurance, resulting in an efficient execution between the multi-disciplinary professionals in the project.
• Rig Electrician: Sinotharwa Drilling CO: Oil and Gas May 2014 – May 2015
Optimizing rig moves (electric equipment) leading to maximum equipment utilization and efficient operating time of the rig, resulting in enhancing the profitability of the company.
Operating rig electrical equipment for electric power feed and control of the drilling rig.
Responsible for the preventive maintenance to avoid any sudden contingencies that can cause financial losses.
Designed an automated system for managing spare parts with equipment loading and utilization as an input, resulting in zero waiting time for any spare part and maximizing the utilization factor of the electric equipment.
• Site Engineer: Electrotech CO: Commercial Distribution May 2013 – May 2014
Developed leadership skills (project/people) and management skills through leading a work force of 25 technicians to deliver tasks to consultants on scheduled times.
Responsible for shop drawings and load schedules review to avoid any calculation or dimension mistake before execution.
Quality/price analysis of electric material through statistical methods leading to cost reduction while meeting the technical requirements of the consultants.
Under the supervision and consultancy of LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design). Academic Projects, Research and Achievements:
• Working as a Research Assistant under Dr. KORY HEDMAN in the domain of grid optimization and energy markets, the main goal is to develop a tool that can be used by the system operator to dispatch the various grid elements (Conventional and Renewable units) while maintaining N-1 reliability criteria and taking into consideration the Stochasticity of renewables. Started Feb 2017
• Developed through coursework and academic research exposure a thorough understanding of Energy Management Systems (EMS), SCADA systems, Load Flow Studies, State Estimator, and Contingency Analysis.
• Modeled and coded power systems contingencies (Transmission and Generation) according to the current industry practices.
• The evolution of electricity markets to accommodate storage (Financial Storage Rights). Spring 2016 o Won a distinguished poster prize in AzSEC conference. September 2016 o Paper got published in IEEE Xplore (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8273817/).
• The design and simulation of PV solar micro inverter including the simulation of MPPT, PLL and PFC (PLECS). Spring 2016
• The design and parameter calculation of a 345kV transmission line with its distribution system. Spring 2017
• The effect of power system stabilizers and fault clearing time on system stability (GE PSLF). Fall 2017
• Study of the severe disruptions in a large Brazilian steel plant resulting from faults on the 138kV interconnection, verified the cause of the plant to shut down due to widespread motor stalling in wake of transmission fault, in addition to the evaluation of a reactor implementation on each line of the interconnection, as well as recommending their values (GE PSLF). Fall 2017
• Transmission expansion mathematical model to accommodate wind energy and load shedding. Fall 2016
• Analysis of the behavior for different switching and fault transients, calculating the transient recovery voltage for various faults and examining the addition of switching resistors to reduce the impact of the transient (PSCAD). Fall 2016 Technical Skills and Software:
AUTOCAD electrical, PLECS, Simulink/MATLAB, Power World, PSCAD, AMPL, PYTHON, PYOMO package for optimization, PySP package for stochastic optimization using the progressive hedging algorithm, PSSE, GE PSLF. Design and implementation of conventional control circuits using relays, circuit breakers, isolating switches and other switching equipment Siemens PLC (Ladder diagram language).
Power Plant Control and Monitoring, Transmission and Distribution, Power systems Operations and Planning, Electric Energy Markets, Nuclear Power Engineering, Power Systems Transients, Renewable Electric Energy, Advanced Power Electronics, Power System Analysis.