Education and Professional Development:
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Major: Social Science, University of Calgary
Freedom of Information and Privacy (FOIP) legislation information seminar, Alberta Justice
Court Services Para-Legal Program, Alberta Justice, Calgary, Alberta
Microsoft Office Suite Workshop, Algonquin College
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Publisher, OneNote, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook (intermediate proficiency)
Microsoft Windows, SharePoint, Incident Management System (IMS), Adobe Acrobat Professional
Lotus Notes, Sametime, Office Communicator/Lync/Skype for Business, Groupwise email/messenger
QuickBooks, Tax filing including T4s, Payroll, ROEs, Invoicing, Accounts payable/accounts receivable.
Justice On-Line Information Network (JOIN), For The Record (FTR) digital recording system
Ability to easily adapt to new technologies and computer programs
Prepare, edit, and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, publications, reports
Troubleshooting equipment and computer related issues
Review, evaluate and implement new administrative procedures
Customer Service Skills:
Respond to public queries via phone and in person to provide information regarding procedures/services.
Demonstrated professionalism, discretion, and respect in all interactions with internal and external clients.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Deputy Returning Officer (2017 Municipal Election)
Rocky View County
– Demonstrated understanding of the election and answering general questions regarding the elections.
– Ensured the election processes are executed at the voting station according to election rules.
– Displayed a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all election information at voting station.
– Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public and environment.
Administrative Coordinator/Shutdown Clerk (05/2017-06/2017 contract)
– Kept accurate records of the hours worked by all technicians (24/7 shifts) for time sheets and payroll
– Provided time summaries of all hours worked on specific work orders to the client Husky
– Forwarded all payroll information to Billing for payment
– Track Safety statistics for reporting with on-site Safety department
Payroll Clerk (05/2013-11/2016)
Hopkins Strategies Ltd.
– Bi-weekly payroll including payroll deductions (CPP, EI, income taxes) and paycheque deposits for employees
– Monthly remittance of employee payroll deductions and employer contributions to Canada Revenue Agency
– Record of Employment filing for former employees as required
– Annual T4 filing for Canada Revenue Agency
Environmental, Health and Safety Administrator (02/2016-06/2016)
Canonbie Contracting Limited
– Organize, track and manage statistical reporting: compiling reports for trending analysis for submission of daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistical data.
– Track investigations and incidents for Lagging Indicators Statistics, including uploading to Incident Management System (IMS) and tracking audits, inspections, training and safety opportunities for Leading Indicators Statistics
– Support Management team with TapRoot investigations and presentations of results.
Office Administrator (09/2013-12/2015)
TRS Staffing Solutions/NES Global
– Reception duties, meeting coordination and general administrative support (prepare and format documents, ordering and managing office supplies and equipment, maintain filing systems, maintain e-mail and calendars)
– Organize, track and manage Safety statistical reporting: compiling reports for trending analysis
– Mobilizing and demobilizing buildings – including liaising for permitting and requesting services, changes/updates/requests/concerns on behalf of Construction Management Team and Contractors.
– Maintaining electronic and hardcopy files related to work orders and contractor invoicing.
– New hires on-boarding & demobilizing of personnel.
– Maintain and update the 24/7 manpower rotation schedule for the Construction Management Team.
– Manage and maintain accommodation/travel forecasting (30/60/90 and out) for project, oversee the accuracy of forecasting for all contractors’ ramp-up/down based on work scope to ensure allotments are reflective of project requirements.
Deputy Clerk (09/2006-09/2012)
Alberta Justice, Provincial Court Criminal Division - Hearing Office, Alberta Public Service
– Responded to public queries via phone and in person to provide information regarding procedures and services.
– Liaised with RCMP detachments, Calgary Police Service, Sheriffs, Conservation Officers, Community Correctional Institutions, Probation Officers and Provincial Court staff at all levels and locations throughout Alberta.
– Accurate interpretation, deciphering and input of legal endorsements under strict deadlines.
– Prepared court packages for Criminal Court, Youth Court and Traffic Court.
– Reviewed, approved and signed all court ordered documents on behalf of the Clerk of the Court
– Determined and/or revoked surety eligibility for accused release.
– Conducted administrative bail releases as a non-presiding Justice of the Peace to explain release conditions and the consequences of non-compliance or failure to attend.
– Ensured that policies and procedures were followed in adherence with Alberta Justice policies and procedures.
Client Services Agent - Individual Income Tax Enquires (11/2005- 05/2006, term) (02/2003-08/2004, term)
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Federal Public Service
– Interpretation of the Canadian Income Tax Act and explanations of various programs administered by the CRA.
– Provided explanations and clarifications to taxpayers in response to enquiries concerning the filing and processing of assessments and re-assessments of Individual Income Tax.
– Line item explanations and definitions of claimable amounts on federal and provincial tax returns and schedules.
– Aided clients with filing their Individual Income Tax (T1-General) via the internet using NETFILE
– Troubleshooting technical problems (including tax software and computer) and providing solutions.
Registrar, Guest Services, (05/2002- 09/2002 seasonal, 05/2000- 09/2000 seasonal)
Aspen Beach Provincial Park
– Greeted visitors and provided information on Park policies and services.
– Liaised with Conservation Officers regarding field enforcement and compliance.
– Maintained a computerized database system to keep client/visitor data.
– Organized and assigned 300+ sites: large groups/events, site requests and capacity.
– Processed fees for Park use, issued Park passes and receipts.