Highly motivated, ambitious, detail-oriented Financial Analyst versed in balancing priorities and meeting deadlines under pressure. Extensive experience in financial planning and analysis, forecasting and reporting to identified discrepancies, determining proper courses of action and detailing processes. Expertise includes developing, reviewing and analyzing financial data, P&L and projections including estimates and budgets, expense control and process and optimization.
Areas of expertise:
Managing financial reports
Project Financial Analysis
Data Trend Analysis
Regional Senior Financial Analyst April 2016 – Current
• Provide consolidation/analytical support during the month-end process, operating plan and quarterly forecasts, along with development of all meaningful analytical support and variance commentaries. Consolidation reports include P&Ls, budget and forecast by Country and business unit
• Manage the analysis and financial performance of Latin American countries by identifying and explaining trends and variances, key performance indicators, and risks and opportunities. Created templates for forecasts, which simplified data access and established reporting uniformity across LATAM region
• Prepare analysis, reporting and presentations for the month-end close process by focusing on full P&L analysis, Spend and headcount
• Evaluate monthly results in order to ensure consistency and reasonability as well as support the day-to-day operations of functions supported.
• Support CFO’s and business leaders via research and analysis of business performance; as well as assist with the preparation of quarterly internal reporting packages
•Collaborate with actuarial, reinsurance, and other departments, ensuring that various processes are aligned with financial reporting.
•Manage IBM/Cognos TM1 planning tool maintenance such as user security access, SOX certification, enhancements, fixes, dimension updates and validations from data sources
•Ensure proper, accuracy and consistent TM1 calculations and processes by performing checks and validations as well as reviewing and validating data files generated from TM1
•IBM/Cognos BI (Business Intelligence): Develop and execute detailed and comprehensive financial reports
•Work closely with internal clients, providing software application and finance technical support at high level standards.
Project Financial Analyst July 2015 – April 2016 (Project)
•Create and maintain financial models relating to the management of real estate assets to evaluate development status and financing alternatives.
• Interface with Development Managers to update portfolio budgets, cash flows and document changes from the business plan.
•Collaborating in the development of the PMO committee by establishing guidelines and templates to present business cases to the Executive team
• Due diligence of pipeline projects, including contract review and project-related policies
• Work with Project Managers to develop business cases and help them present NPV, ROI, and IRR
• Member of a project control team, actively contributing to process improvements and sharing knowledge and lessons learned with co-worker
• Work closely with business leaders to evaluate, analyze and define business opportunities, potential solutions, and potential impacts on the organization.
• Support management in the planning phases, including development of project plans, detailed cost-benefit analyses, resource plans, and other materials required for formal approval.
• Assist and Prepare updates and schedules for periodic corporate reporting
• Work with account receivables to ensure charges are being allocated to the correct divisions
• Work with Mobility vendors to ensure the company has the best plans and prices and renegotiate contracts
• Responsible for delivering telecommunications and mobility allocations to Regional and Division controllers
• Financial responsibilities include budgeting, audit support, forecasting, creation and execution of financial reporting and a combination of routine and ad-hoc analysis
Sr. Travel Financial Analyst December 2014 – July 2015 (Project)
• Conducted research and analysis on the global implementation of new expense reimbursement application Concur
• Assisted in the development of a global consolidation plan of the travel department that will drive greater policy and supplier compliance, enhance operational efficiency and process standardization, deliver data analytics and reporting to drive operational cost savings and enhance duty of care and risk efficiency
• Assisted the Project Management Team for the M&A travel program transition and integration including defining scope, detailed work plans, resources needed, and scheduling
• Reported on project status to project stakeholders, monitored progress, reviewed quality, and ensured adherence to all relevant policies and procedures, conducted project retrospective meetings to improve the project process
• Analyzed cost savings of different travel expense systems, and renegotiated terms and rates for existing vendors
• Assisted with the YOY analysis of proposals and renegotiated with individual properties to ensure best and final rates were obtained in a timely matter
• Responsible for all travel and expense categories including; Concur expense management, Citibank and American Express corporate credit card program, AT&T and Sprint mobile phone program
•Conducted monthly and daily statistical analysis and reporting to help in the identification of variances and trends used in the financial planning process.
• Reconciled daily charges to corresponding cost centers & provide bi-weekly presentations relating to travel services
Sr. Financial Analyst August 2014 – October 2014 (Project)
•Developed and maintained financial model of airtime revenue and usage forecasts by carrier, reporting line, and device type to be used for budgeting of $3.2B in annual airtime cost and long term cost saving strategies.
•Ensured models were current with the latest company objectives, run rates, strategic decisions, and promotions.
• Developed cost models to ascertain divisional profitability by data card, phone, and plan allowing directors and administrators to view financial health through different scenarios.
•Prepared monthly and daily statistical analysis and reporting to help in the identification of variances and trends used in the financial planning process.
•Prepared reporting and related forecasting of different brands, products, and metrics used within the company plan and by executive leadership.
•Responsible for validating and loading results to be used in executive dashboard and other key BI sources.
•Prepared monthly executive summary including compilation of reporting results and the addition of insight into results provided to executive business leaders.
•Responsible for reviewing the monthly accounting accrual for airtime cost and investigating variances between forecast and accrual.
Sr. Financial Analyst October 2013 – August 2014 (Contract)
•Prepared statistical analysis on expenses or losses, narrowed down by country, business line, product, and claim number.
•Uploaded Basis Tables and Journal Entries into People Soft for month end closings, Posted allocations for Latin America business units.
• Updated, maintained and reported Profit and Loss reports by line of business (LOB's) to the company's headquarters and to Latin America countries such as Property & Casualty, Accident & Health, Personal & Business Insurance and Life following company’s policy.
•Assisted countries with PeopleSoft queries as well as with the reconciliations of their monthly expenses, journal entry uploads, etc.
•PeopleSoft Chart fields: requested or updated PS Account, PS Alternate Account, Business Units, Operating Units, MCC Codes, Departments, Products, F lines, users’ access & permissions, etc. Performed the maintenance of PeopleSoft LA Department tree, the Expense Allocation, the posting and processing of journals entries, the updates of Basis tables used for expense allocation, etc.
•Supported & Maintained SIS chart of accounts, including mapping to PeopleSoft accounts, created/updated accounts, cost centers, expenses allocation rules, etc.
Financial Analyst/Executive Assistant November 2011 – June 2013
•Conducted research to collect and assemble data for databases – Was responsible for design/development of relational databases for collecting data.
•Responsible for generating POS reports, Stock reports, Sales report, Inventory reports, Variance analysis reports, ad hoc reports, month end and year end reports for the CFO and CEO
•Provided analytical support to the VP of sales, on potential markets that should generate sales based on studies and reports conducted
•Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and tracking travel expenses for the sales team locally and internationally as well as managing their seminar expenses
•Revised and audited monthly and quarterly financial reports for the local and international offices
•Consolidated financial data and materials for key leadership meetings, analyzed spending and provided financial recommendations
•Identified trends and performances, and recommended improvements, which could include the investigation of policies and procedures, review of pricing techniques, and sensitivity analysis to various scenarios
• Reduced 42% of the forecasted budget for travel and expenses as well as 20% of the office expenses
AS400, Oracle PeopleSoft, Hyperion, PCW, Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, SQL Plus, Concur, Global Sys Aid, I bank, SabreRFP, Master Data Services, IBM Cognos, Xactimate
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL
March 2011 MBA- Financial Evaluation & Investment Management
Florida International University, Miami, FL
June 2005 BA- International Business & Marketing