To leverage my exceptional interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills in an organization where I can contribute and make a difference towards attaining goals, meeting key performance indicators in a dynamic team based environment POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA JANUARY 2012 CENTENNIAL COLLEGE, CANADA
• Major: Human Resources Management
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE OCTOBER 2008 UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI, INDIA
• Major: Business Management
DIPLOMA IN EVENT MANAGEMENT JUNE 2008 N.I.E.M, INDIA SKILLS:
RECRUITMENT & HIRING:
• The industry turnover in the field of security is huge, reason for which recruitment is and constant on-going process throughout the year. This gives me tremendous recruitment and hiring experience.
• Finding out the staffing needs on a project by project basis and updating recruitment and hiring requirement.
• Employee orientation and onboarding is a crucial part in building employee relations that aids in improvement in efficiency and job satisfaction along with building company loyalty and employee retention. With hiring being an on-going process, onboarding becomes even more important to decrease turnover ratio by retaining quality employees. SCHEDULING:
• Scheduling over 150 employees and communicating the weekly schedule completion or changes to all the employees while handling time-off or vacation requests, requires strong organizational skills and expert knowledge of the HRIS systems.
DECISION-MAKING & CONFLICT RESOLUTION
• Extensive experience working in fast-paced and demanding environment where client security staffing needs changes almost on an everyday basis, aids me in polishing my decision-making skills and enhances quick out of the box thinking.
• Conflicts arise often in a service industry due to various reasons in security line of work. Often, they are due to miscommunication between client staff and security personnel or client staff to security staff personality misfit. Successfully reaching a goal and finding a solution that is win- win is extremely crucial as a HR Manager and so are the conflict resolution skills tested on a weekly basis.
• Working independently as well as in a Team environment helps stimulate adaptability with increased efficiency.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER NORTH AMERICAN PROTECTION SERVICES JULY 2014 – PRESENT
• Finding out the security staffing needs of the clients and building strategies to attract the right pool of candidates.
• Overlooking the entire recruitment process, in general or in particular contract preparation, right from creating job descriptions to job posting on various job boards, to interviewing all shortlisted candidates until completion with the hiring and onboarding.
• Providing employee orientation and fundamental training pertaining to company HR and other policies to new hires.
• Ensure proper documentation and compliance checks for all employees in the HRIS system. Maintain the database to ensure smooth functioning of the payroll cycle.
• Scheduling employees and communicating the weekly schedule completion and/or changes to all the employees while handling time-off or vacation requests.
• Co-ordinating with clients to make sure their project security staffing needs are fulfilled and get feedback. Communicate the feedback to operations team so as to make necessary improvements if any to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform compliance checks on a regular basis.
• Handle all conflicts of internal employees pertaining to HR and payroll.
• Resolve client conflicts along with scheduling conflicts.
• Handle WSIB complaints and provide employment letters and record of employment along with doing background checks and providing references.
• Manage employee engagement programs and provide counselling and coaching as and when necessary, exercising tools need for employee retention when necessary.
• Organize management team meetings, set up agenda and make sure all concerns are addressed.
• Overlook administrative tasks pertaining to office management and inventory management, like office supplies, uniform design and distributions, etc.
• Formulate better compensation plan with a reward system and overlook performance management and evaluation.
RECRUITMENT PRACTICE LEAD HEADSTART SOLUTIONS INC FEB 2012 – JUNE 2014
• Establish recruiting requirements by understanding the objectives of the client organization.
• Employing appropriate recruiting methods to attract suitable candidates;
• Placing job postings and job advertisements on various job boards and online publications.
• Source candidates using various databases or social media tools and such.
• Screening resumes and evaluating applications to short-list eligible candidates for interview.
• Conduct initial phone interviews with prospective candidates.
• Organize interviews, coordinating with the client as well as the short-listed candidates.
• Prep the candidates to make sure they are ready for the interview. Also, make sure the job expectations are communicated to both parties.
• Help the client organization to reach a hiring decision and make sure the rest of the process is smooth.
• Fostering and maintaining good relationship with clients.
• Updating company database with the potential candidate database and assist in meeting with recruiting goals by providing best recruiting practices. MARKETING EXECUTIVE EUROCOUSTIC PRODUCTS LTD JULY 2009 – MARCH 2011
• Contributing to the creative content, design and development of product brochures, corporate brochures, promotional pamphlets and handouts along with other required marketing materials.
• Co-ordination with the vendor pertaining to the design, content and development of company official website as well as it's timely update and maintenance.
• Planning, organizing and execution of all promotional activities and trade shows and exhibitions.
• Managing the vendors for work outsourced and handling a team of designers, set up and installation team as well.
• Multi-tasking that includes being responsible for the advertising and public relations.
• Planning and strategizing with the Marketing team and helping them formulate the quarterly, half - yearly and annual goals and work with the teams to achieve the goals. REFERENCES ON REQUEST