Homestead FL 33033
Sharpen my telecommunication and Wireless skills in a fast paced environment.
Utilize and enhance my technical skills as a NOC, Technician / Senior Field Technician
and Project Manager roles.
And provide opportunities for career advancement with new opportunities.
Over 18 yrs experience in the Telecommunication industry
Excellent communication skill with employees and customers.
Detail engineering and Troubleshooting for various projects.
Perform complex site surveys redline on SPEC, SMOP, MTSO package.
Qualified to work on efficiently with live telecommunication equipment.
Ability to Manage projects effectively and efficiently at CO’s Mobile Telephone sites.
Expansive knowledge of installation practices with specialization in AT&T, DAS,
Alcatel –Lucent, Nortel, JDSU, Expo, Cisco and other equipment. Testing of
OC-192, OC-48, T3, T1,DS3,DS1 and Sonic DWDM.
02/15 – Present / MGA Employee Service Metro PCS,T mobile, Verizon / Project Manager
Clients: T-Mobile,Verizon Phoenix,AZ
● Oversee Crew on Decommissioning and install of telecomm equipment test and turn up.
● Daily report of logistics with upper management and crew.
● Update project tracker Dropbox computer input of pictures and progress reports.
06/13 – 12/14 Columbus Communication /Flow Project Manager /Site Supervisor
Client: Flow /Columbus Communication, Alcatel Lucent, Cisco, Ericsson, Nortel Trinidad, W.I
● Oversee construction and build out with crew and city Management.
● Verified work performance by crew and update Management.
● Update and edited numerous projects, site survey with product vendors.
● Check Quality of work performed Test and turn up with live equipment with NOC.
11/07 – 01/13 FPL Fibernet Senior Field Engineer / Technician Miami, FL
Clients: Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Verizon, Level 3, Qwest, AT&T, TeleFonica, Columbus Network,
Arcos Network, Windstream communications, Nortel, Alcatel lucent .
● Daily managing of network and systems with NOC and,CO’s and MTSO sites.
● Testing and tune up of new circuits and equipment using T-Berd, JDSU, Digital Lightwave, OTDR.
● Working with Ethernet and Sonet Services, Wireless infrastructure TSS-5 and Router Management.
● Performed site surveys with multi- vendors and audit update and edited numerous project.
● Testing of 0C-192, OC-48, T3,T1,DS3, DS1, Sonic,DWDM, Wireless network also RF systems.
● Oversee Construction Company and resolved technical problems encountered by installation crew.
● Conducted profession presentations to upper management, field technicians.
● Ensure proper routing of cables into shelter, grounding of cables on Cell tower working PDU-CCU.
● Monthly testing of DC power and generator and power transfer from AC power to DC power.
1/05 – 11/07 Ajilon Consulting Field Engineer / Lead Technician Atlanta,GA
Clients: Nortel Network, ATT, Bellsouth, Comcast and Verizon.
● Manage several installation project for AT&T, Comcast.
● Racking servers and network equipment OC-3,OC 12/48 /192 Nortel Optera 5200,6500.
● Install switches, routers, DMS 100-500 ALU, 5ESS, DWDM and other networking equipment
● Troubleshooting and work on OA&M, Alactel, Cisco servers and installation.
● Making and testing, of cables running and installing of CAT-5E,6E cables .
● Documenting and Labeling equipment .
● Evaluate location, laying-out equipment and establishing wiring plan.
● Experience installing DC power BDFB, Rectifiers and other power equipment.
● Ensuring that all systems placement follows space allocation plans.
● Cisco systems 1545, 7600 install ion and testing.
● Ability to make decision, act independently and implement changes as appropriate.
2/04 –12/04 K-Nex INC Field Technician Ocala,FL
Clients: Florida Power and lighting.
● Ran and terminated fiber optics using Fujitsu’s Flashwave 4500.
● Certified Fusion Splicing and OTDR testing.
● Locating of damage fiber using a spectrum analyzer.
● Performed T1 testing with T-BERD 107 and Digital light wave equipment.
3/01- 8/03 Alcatel Submarine Network Network Operation Engineer San Diego, CA
• NOC Monitoring alarms and resolving issues on Network and equipment .
● Managing problems dispatched by systems support analysts (NOC group).
● A general knowledge of a broad range of IT technologies.
● performing other scheduled work, such as maintenance window support.
● Evaluates repair and maintenance issues and determines best course of action.
● Knowledge of and certified of Alcatel/Lucent equipment 1603smx,1640 OADM 1680 multiplexer .
● Cabling –punch down, circuit extensions CAT-5E, CAT-6, LAN/WAN cabling and understanding.
● Working according to scheduled shifts, performing On-Call support as needed.
● Experience with single mode and multi-mode cable also proficient with SC and ST connectors
● Install and support communication systems by installing, programming and maintaining voice
and data telecommunications equipment and network circuit’s Working knowledge of T1,DS3
OC3,OC12,OC48 technologies and twisted pair, coax and fiber termination.
4/97- 11/00 Comforce Communication Service Technician, Supervisor Raleigh, NC
Clients: Qwest, Bell South, COX Communication
• Installed OC-192, OC-48, OC-12, Access Nodes, Power Plants, Cable racks and hardware
• Working with DMS-100’s 250s,500s and Access Nodes
● Installed DSX-3 panels,STS and ESI equipment and bay using both power and hand tools.
● Running of fiber to WDM ports and shelves and some symposium experience.
● Experience installing DC power BDFB ‘s Rectifiers and other power equipment running of
power cables 500,750 . Installing of Battery strings.
● Verifies system by testing equipment and connections; identifying and correcting problems
redlined E.D.P’s .
4/94- 3/97 Tellabs Communication Field Technician Dallas, TX
Connect the equipment to power lines and communication cables and install frames and supports
Performs iron work.
Set up switches, cables and other equipment.
Perform test to verify that the newly installed equipment functions properly.
1/90- 6/93 Valley College, Technical School Van Nuys, CA
Computer Science, Associate Degree
3/01- 3/01 Alcatel Network Technical School Plano, TX
Certified Network Operation Technician
06/01 Fiber Optics Association College San Diego, CA
Certified Fusion Splicing and OTDR Testing
● Commercial Driver Class A License with Endorsement
● AT&T ask yourself
• AT&T supplier awareness
• AT&T TP76300 and TP76400
• Bell South certification
• SBC Installation standards
• Railroad Safety
• PPE Safety Training
• Fiber scoping and cleaning
• BNC connectors and wire wrapping
• Microsoft office software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Drop Box)
• Effective communication & presentations
• DC Battery Training