Dedicated and Resourceful Customer Service Professional with over eight years of combined experience including Medical Receptionist & Billing and Coding. Offering strong customer service skills and medical scheduling expertise to attain the utmost level of patient care while providing effective tier one services. HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Over 3+ years combined experience working as a medical receptionist and billing customer service representative.
● Well versed in greeting patients and providing instructions, ensuring patient demographics are entered into EHS software complete and accurate.
● In-depth knowledge of analyzing health benefits and verifying insurance information. Proficient in MS Office Suite and word processing software. Knowledge of both front office and clinical operation. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Phone Triage • Patient Registration • Scheduling appointments • Claims follow-up • Charge Entry Check-ln/-Out • Documents' Scanning • Reconciliation and Deposits EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Customer Billing Representative, August, 2016 November, 2017 Success EHS, Birmingham, AL
● Answered inbound calls, collected Patient payments. Processed & post patient payments and followed up/resubmit denied claims.
● Generated current patient account statements upon request. Worked, resolved and completed any allowed adjustments for patient accounts. Worked patient correspondence report daily. Billing Specialist II/ Medical Receptionist, July, 2014 August, 2016 Trinity OB/GYN, Birmingham, AL
● Greeted patients, checked-in/out, new patient registration, verified insurance eligibility and benefits.
● Collected process and posted Patient co-payments and surgery pre-payments.
● Maintained updated patient demographic information for new/established patients and scheduling Appointments.
Billing Specialist 1, Externship, October, 2013 December, 2013 Dr. Tomeka Roberts Obstetrics and Gynecology
● Greeted patients and provided information regarding billing inquiries. Performed clerical and administrative tasks. Collected patient demographic data.
● Analyzed health insurance benefits and verified insurance eligibility. Collected, posted and managed patient account payments. Received telephone calls and provided relevant information. Processed and followed up on denied claims. Scheduled and confirmed appointments. Primary Pharmacy Cashier, February, 2010 April, 2012 Wal-Mart, Birmingham, AL
● Greeted customers; handled all currency inbound and/or outbound Submitted, and cash-out prescription pick-ups. Maintained a neat, approachable work area. EDUCATION
Certification in Medical Billing and Coding, 2014, Virginia College at Birmingham - Homewood, AL High School Diploma – 2004, David Star Jordan High School, Long Beach, CA