Kavitha Priya Kumbla
A highly experienced Oracle Financial Support Consultant looking for a challenging role to fit my experience .
I have over 9 years of experience in the software/banking industry. I have outstanding management and hands on experience supporting busy trading floors, both local and remote and am adept at operating in highly charged, fast paced environments.
• Service minded and solution focused
• Strong multitasking skills with ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
• Meticulous and diligent with tireless attention to detail
• Target driven with good attitude and track record in achieving results
• Self-driven, trustworthy,enthusiastic
• Excellent communication skills
• All-round technical ability
• Team player
BTech. in Computer Engineering from Karnataka Regional Engineering College
Oracle Applications 11i, System Administration, Alerts, Oracle Discoverer,ADI, AIMS Methodology, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, C, Microsoft Office, Excel Brief Summary :
Vistex Software and Services
Aug 2017 to date
Support Analyst dealing with the media maestro application of the company which deals with the licenses, royalty calculations and financial information( GL, AP, AR) for big media giants like BBC, Fox entertainment,National Geographic, Turner Broadcasting,Svensk,British Film Institute etc . Key skills:
• Support clients on a daily basis on issues regarding data, company agree- ments, SLA’s, acquisitions,licenses, terms, allocation of fees, financial cal- culations, Journal batches, rollbacks, invoices,reports and liaising with the development team for bug fixes .
• Conducting regression tests on the system after bug fixes before handing it out to clients for UAT. Documenting the same and updating issue logs .
• Running scripts for database restores and upgrades to new versions .
• Troubleshooting issues during journal batch uploads . Running GL reports and checking the same in case of issues .
• Sysadmin duties like creating security groups and granting permissions to users based on their roles
• Refresh data from live dump files provided by clients to test their issues, up- grading databases to the latest point release to test bug fixes and running sql procedures for the same.
• Uploading data using media data gateway .
I have had to jump feet first into this project as it is a critical time where lots of restore,upgrades and regression testing is taking place . I have practically had to learn on the job especially as there is no detailed documentation available regarding functionality and how each client has customised the software to cater to their needs .My vast experience in my previous roles helped me enormously here in handling issues deftly, liaising with the development team both in house and offshore and in a timely manner .
Restoring and upgrading databases is something I have done for the first time here and have thoroughly enjoyed doing it.
Jan 2007 to Aug2017
Took a career break to look after our son .
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC)
Oct 2001 to January 2007
Assistant Manager solely in charge of Oracle support for our London and European branches of Germany,France,Belgium and Ireland and reporting to my manager in New York
• Being the sole Oracle Support consultant for all our European branches,I was single handedly responsible for day to day on site support for anything Oracle related.
• Liaising with my Project Manager in the US for new requirements, UAT test- ing and reports for the customers.
• Running various month end reconciliation reports for the finance controllers and management and assisting them during month ends and year ending procedures.
• Gathering requirements from all branch managers and controllers, organizing meetings to understand and resolve their requirements and liaising with our discoverer team for new report requirements.
• Liaise with internal teams, external vendors and service providers to investi- gate and resolve issues.
• Ensuring all calls are logged and documentation is accurate and up to date.
• Working with Helpdesk and other Support teams to resolve ongoing problems and to inform them of any major issues. Also raised TARs with Oracle.
• Providing training to users as and when required and assisting them during UAT. Helping trouble shoot Web ADI issues.
• Ensuring that the overnight journal import batches from various systems like LoanIQ, EXIM bills,MoneyManager and also the Oracle modules completed successfully .
• Successfully assisted in upgrading to Oracle R11i version for all the EU branches.
• Implementation of Oracle Payables for the London, German and Belgian branches from conception to go-live . I was involved in this every step of the way from user requirement stage to go live and was able to successfully manage the three branches and their challenging demands .
• Training the London security and IT help desk team on the security features in Oracle especially setting up new users and giving them responsibilities based on their job roles.
• Successfully provided end user training for new users.
• Was involved in the Month End and Year End reconciliation process for each of the branches and ran various scripts to facilitate the same .
• General system admin duties like creating new users, defining new responsi- bilities, data groups .I was also responsible in assisting the internal audit members with various queries and reports .
GE Commercial Finance Ltd, Royal Tunbridge Wells
November 2000 –September 2001
Oracle Applications consultant
GE was looking to amalgamate various processes used by their various branches based in UK,France,Germany and Italy to a common process. Working in a team, my responsibility was to study and analyze existing systems and planning a strategy for upgrading to 11i .
ABB Automation Ltd,Stevenage,UK
May 2000- November 2000
Oracle Applications consultant
Was involved in the documentation/customization of Oracle modules . My main responsibilities included providing ad-hoc solutions to the various user raised issues,customization and creation of new reports, registration of reports and taking daily backups
Chartered Semi Conductor Manufacturing (CSM), Singa- pore
November 1999 – May 2000
Was part of a team helping with Oracle based reports and data conversion for the financial modules .Was responsible with discussing end user requirements, documenting the same,defining setups and interfaces for uploads . My task also included modifying reports as per request, defining new users and respon- sibilities for them besides demonstrating features of Oracle General Ledger, Re- ceivables and Payables to users .
Mastech Corporation, Mumbai
November 1998- November 1999
Involved in design and implementation of the financial modules for off- shore clients and customizing reports based on their needs .Was involved in Journal Voucher uploads, Budgeted and actual expenses comparison,invoice uploads and FSG reporting .
September 1997-June 1998
Was involved in the design,development and management of their inte- grated Business Information System mainly dealing with the billing system . Managing a team of 5people I was involved in client interaction, meetings and interaction with the management regarding implementation of processes Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bangalore,India December 1994 –August 1997
Was involved in the coding and implementation of MTDMS a software tool designed to develop a user friendly system to keep track of all the manufacturing documents for LCA( Light Combat Aircraft) components . Also involved in central- izing the various documents like drawings modeled,issue zones,last date of modifications etc . Was also involved in reports for the management . Languages
English – Fluent verbally/writing
Kannada – Fluent verbally/writing
Hindi - Fluent verbally/ writing
Tulu – Native tongue, fluent speaker