David A. Sylvester
*** *. **** *****, ******, OH 44202
Customer driven, product management professional skilled in growing company revenues and profitability by identifying critical needs to help build and strengthen relationships with both key customer accounts and suppliers. Complementary backgrounds in warehouse operations along with purchasing in both distribution and manufacturing environments. HIGHLIGHTS
Product Management Six Sigma Certified Project Management Contract Negotiations Growth Strategies Market Trend Analysis Profit & Loss Management New Product Launch Product Training PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Rexel USA, Solon, OH 07/2014 - present
A leading distributor of industrial automation and other electrical products, equipment, and value-added services. A division of Rexel Holdings, Inc. with over $8 billion in sales for 2016. Product Manager
• Identify target accounts, work in collaboration with the sales team to qualify and close new opportunities, and successfully launch new product offerings relating to growing Rexel's $8 million Pentair Hoffman enclosure and thermal product line. Increased product line sales revenue in excess of 7% in 2016 and 2017 over previous years.
• Engage in key accounts and opportunities within assigned geography by providing presentations, demonstrations, price quotations, and other activities. Ensure processes for renewing and expanding existing contracts are in place and implemented. Analyze competitive market conditions and develop an annual business plan to meet product line revenue and profitability goals.
• Define new markets for emerging product technologies, while providing feedback to our supplier partners on local market data such as competition and market conditions. Pioneer-Standard Electronics, Inc., Mayfield Heights, OH 05/1998 - 02/2003 A leading distributor of industrial and end-user electronic components and computer products with 53 sales branches and over 100 vendors on supplier line card offering. Annual sales exceeded $2.25 billion for fiscal year 2002. Regional Product Manager – Midwest Sales Division: Solon, OH Managed the regional relationship in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, and Western PA with an assigned supplier base of key component manufacturers. Supplier base line package was budgeted at $25 million in fiscal year 2003.
Product Manager – Cleveland Sales Division: Solon, OH Managed the division relationship with an assigned supplier base of 10 key component manufacturers. Supplier line package was budgeted at $7.5 million for fiscal year 2001.
• Led project team in creating and launching new quoting tool company wide. Marketing Manager – EMS Sales Division: Solon, OH
Managed the division relationship with an assigned supplier base of key components manufactures. Supplier base line package was budgeted at $14 million for fiscal year 2000. OTHER RELEVANT EEXXPPEERRIIEENNCCEE
McMaster-Carr Supply Company, Aurora, OH 09/2004 - 07/2014 A well established, privately held industrial supply distributor dedicated to providing customers with convenient and efficient service for high-priority items with a 4,200 page catalog offering over 500,000 products. Annual sales exceeded $3.5 billion for fiscal year 2013.
Warehouse Bin Facilitator
Coordinated the workload of the bins within the warehouse operation, while working with managers and supervisors of other warehouse departments to achieve an optimal flow of material into assembly, packing, and shipping. Set schedule for over 55 bin fillers daily, while transitioning bin fillers to appropriate bin locations based on workload demand changes. Warehouse Bin Filler
Filled in excess of 600 catalog line items for customer orders daily while maintaining a level of 100% accuracy. Average customer order volume was in excess of 10,000 orders daily. Warehouse Bin Trainer
Trained and mentored new bin fillers in all aspects of bin filling to help them achieve a maximum level of productivity and accuracy.
TT Electronics IMS, Inc., Perry, OH 07/2003 - 09/2004 An electronic contract manufacturer providing value-added services to a strategic OEM customer base including: Lincoln Electric, Philips Medical, and Xerox Corp. Annual sales exceeded $50 million for fiscal year 2003. Senior Buyer
Managed all aspects of procuring, planning, quoting, negotiating, and scheduling a commodity base of electronic components to help build and manufacture motherboards for a variety of electronic equipment.
Pioneer-Standard Electronics, Inc., Mayfield Heights, OH 06/1995 - 04/1998 A leading distributor of industrial and end-user electronic components and computer products with 53 sales branches and over 100 vendors on supplier line card offering. Annual sales exceeded $2.25 billion for fiscal year 2002. Corporate Buyer – Corporate Headquarters: Mayfield Heights, OH Performed all purchasing functions for a broad range of component manufacturers according to customer requirements utilizing DRP system, while supporting demand for 53 sales branches. Commodity Specialist – Delphi Packard Division: Solon, OH Managed commodity lines for three separate Delphi Packard distribution centers, including:
• El Paso, Texas - Purchased and expedited over 500 SKU’s from multiple manufacturing plants in Western Mexico.
• Laredo, Texas - Purchased and expedited over 400 SKU’s from multiple manufacturing plants in Eastern Mexico.
• Warren, Ohio - Purchased and expedited over 100 SKU’s from Delphi tool crib. EDUCATION & COMMUNITY
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN Master of Business Administration - HR Management Kent State University, Kent, OH Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH Associate of Arts – General Studies Management and Strategy Institute, Downingtown, PA Lean Six Sigma - White Belt Certified Aurora Civil Service Commission, Aurora, OH Chairman, term expires 2022 Aurora Baseball League, Aurora, OH Little League Director Since 2010