Mahmoud I. Ahmad
Professional summary: To use my technical and professional skills in a challenging setting to promote stronger, more proficient employees. Technical Skills:
United States Secret Clearance Valid till 2023-06-14 Data Center consolidation and migration: Consolidated and migrated using various tools such as virtualization, Active Directory tools, Exchange tools and MS tools.
Hardware Platform: IBM, DELL & EMC, HP, Cisco routers and switchers, RSA, Layer 3 IP Networking
Tools & Misc: Management, Administration, Solarwinds, Configuration & Maintenance of Networks Windows Server 2003/2008 & Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011, Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010, Outlook 2002/2003/2007/2010, Install and maintain Virtual PCs and Virtual Servers with VMware, Firewall, Anti-Virus & Anti-Spam (Symantec, IAVA, Retina) Citrix, Putty, Cisco CM
Operation IT: Consulting – JCrew
10/2015 – Present
Lead Technician – POS Project
• Configured new pinpads (mx915s - over 3500 devices) being installed through all domestic branches.
• Assisted in troubleshooting issues and developed new techniques to hasten the time of delivery.
• Kept on after project to help assist with day to day operations of the POS team like: creating documentation to assist helpdesk, created loss prevention documentation to capture token information to close out clearing files every month and reviewed log information to isolate problematic code to identify double charge sources to eventually remove reoccurring issues. EMTEC *: Consulting - Tiffany and Co.
04/2014 - 11/2014
Global Problem Management
• Monitor entire infrastructure, providing solutions to physical, server, network, and application resources within the organization in a timely fashion to minimize business risk and any potential loss (utilizing SCOM and Solarwinds primarily).
• Recreated print servers, instated a new Cisco CM, and created documentation to further assist the helpdesk of any reoccurring issues.
•Manage vendor relationships ie AT&T, Verizon, Cisco, Roundtower, and various other vendors.
Migration Team Manager
• Global retail project migrating all retail users and POS systems from Windows XP to Windows 7.
• Directed 15 employees to facilitate a 24/7 manned tech desk and increased work productivity by 36% within the first month of promotion.
• Collaborated with cross-functional staffs to coordinate the logistics and technical requirements.
• Optimized company processes and procedures that pertained to the Windows 7 Migration.
• Extended across 5 continents, 23 countries and included over 7000 pc’s, 1300 POS units and tested over 280 business critical applications.
• Technical support conducted consistently throughout project from client issues to a server administration.
United States Marine Corps
01/2009 - 01/2014
Data Chief / Project Manager
• Created strategic planning on network upgrades for Operation Enduring Freedom 10.1 and 11.2.
• Managed portfolio on daily basis of military unit spending within IT valued at several million dollars.
• Developed network of contacts within unit to expedite accurate data and communicate with third parties handling assets and delivery methods.
• Networked with all levels of management to build and maintain the strongest of relationships.
• Unique communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to convey technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences in a persuasive and convincing manner.
• Created and facilitated testing environments for updates to ensure limited outages for users.
• Trained 15 employees for 120 learning and practical application hours, on becoming
proficient with Windows XP, Windows 7, McAfee, Symantec, Retina, WSUS 2
services, software installations, MS Exchange, Active Directory, servers, switches, SharePoint, routers, and satellite communications equipment.
• System Administrator responsible of AD environments, group policies and procedures (Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 R2 and Windows XP).
• Implemented and provided technical support for IP phone services, Windows Exchange, Active Directory, software installations, maintenance on all network issues.
• Managed a medium sized environment with over 900 users and 30 servers. Used Active Directory to control users, groups, computers, organizational units
(OU’s) and security policies.
• Created failure plans, documented all standard procedures and created training booklets for all new staff. Also created user assistance pages to minimize stress on our helpdesk enabling them to take on more demanding tasks and allowing time for in-house training.
System and Network Administrator / Project Analyst
• Collected data pertaining to desktops, laptops, and servers within the network to create accurate logs that were used to identify, predict, and address network deficiencies to prevent future problems before users experienced outages.
• Determined cost of operations and projects by establishing standard costs of business including international business.
• Identified trends and recommended actions to management to maintain status of budget.
• Set-up and administered computer networks and related computing environment including network hardware, systems software, VOIP phones, applications software, and all technical configurations including routing protocols.
• Configured Cisco routers and switches and a command line level utilizing OSPF and EIGRP.
• Data center consolidation. Server all migrated to newest technology and virtualized.
• Physically set-up and configured networking devices and servers that supported up to 600 users on unclassified and classified networks, while maintaining a budget of 11,400,000.00 dollars for the USMC in OEF 11.2. Education/Certifications/Training/Awards
• Plainfield High School, Plainfield, New Jersey, High School Diploma, June 2008
• Communications-Electronics School, 29 Palms, California, Certificate of Completion, A+ and CCNA Certified October 2009 • Information Technology (IT) Essentials Certified• Basic OSHA Certification