*** ****** *****, *******, ** 07648 www.linkedin.com/in/ronak-mandaliya SUMMARY
Extremely driven individual with a background in Biomedical Engineering. Strong analytical, organizational, goal-oriented, and interpersonal individual who works well in group or individually. Perceptive at identifying problems and finding and implementing solutions.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ Graduation: December 2017 Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
Lund University, Sweden (Study Abroad)
Programming: MATLAB, Simulink, C++, OpenCv SOP on GMP, Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt in progress Modeling: PTC Creo, Simplify 3D, LabView DDP, DID, DSD, CAPA, Risk Analysis and Test Protocol Development RELEVENT COURSES
• Medical Device Development
• Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Measurement Lab for Physiological System
• Advanced Medical Device Development
• Biomechanics and Biomaterials
• Fundamentals of Engineering Design
Team Leader for Senior Design Project January 2017-December 2017 Eye Key: Principal Investigator: Dr. Saikat Pal and Dr. Joel Schesser
• Designed and created a prototype of an optical, head-mounted device that utilized an attached camera for the purpose of monitoring eye movement.
• Successfully applied and obtained NSF I-corps Grant.
• Communicated with various customers to see how the product can be improved.
• Created a safety program that would ensure proper functionality of the product.
• Conducted market research, technical research, drafted a functional requirements document and a test plan.
• Looked into FDA requirements and guidelines to ensure the product meets medical device requirements.
• Analyzed the entire lifecycle of a typical medical device from research and development to manufacturing. Neuromuscular/Rehabilitation Engineering Laboratory, NJIT September 2017-November 2017 Wrist Exoskeleton: Principal Investigator: Dr. Richard Foulds and Dr. Sergei Adamovich
• Developed a 3-degree wrist exoskeleton to aid individuals who suffer from stroke in regaining their ability to be able to perform activities of daily living.
• Printed 3D prototype in ABS and carbon-fiber, and worked with motors, actuators, and MATLAB to create a control system.
• Participated and assisted in Pair Associate Stimulation, Mirror Therapy, and virtual reality-based therapeutic intervention. New Medical Device Development - DHF September 2016-December 2016
• Partnered with a small team to design new medical device for obstructive sleep apnea patients. Collaborated throughout the entire project lifecycle, from requirements gathering, research, and solution development through testing and compilation/reporting of data.
• Created a portion of 21.CFR.820.30 and ISO 13485.
• Co-developed a Gantt chart, design input document (DID), design development plan (DDP), design specification document (DSD), corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), market plan and risk analysis plan, concentering on hazard and Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA). WORK EXPERIENCE
Newark College Of Engineering - Dean’s Assistant October 2017-December 2017
• Worked on MakerSpace, explaining people about 3D Printers. Ex: 3D printer donated by Stryker.
• Organized events such as Career Day for incoming high school students.
• Improved Career Day by assigning projects. Ex: build a robot arm and build a boat. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION AND ACTIVITIES
• Sigma Pi International Fraternity, Fundraising and Philanthropy Chair October 2016-December 2016 o Raised $1500 as Fundraising Chair and $3000 as Philanthropy Chair.
• BMES, IEEE, Veterans Club, Drone Club Member September 2013-December 2017
• Volunteered for Jersey Cares, Cancer and Heart Research, NEBEC Conference and independently.