firstname.lastname@example.org 269-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/arunkangeyan
An emerging Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Industrial Engineer with 3 years of experience in Quality Engineering. Offers strong critical thinking skills, experience in continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and quality tools. Interested in the latest trends and technology that helps streamline daily production and eliminate crucial hurdles like waste, material, time and manpower management for a manufacturing plant.
• Software: Minitab, Promodel, AutoCAD, Pro-E, 3DSSPP, Visio, MS Office – Word, Advanced Excel & Power Point, Ms. Project, SAP.
• Quality Tools: Six Sigma, APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, SPC, Control Plan, Quality audits, 5S, 8D, A3, 5Why, DOE, GD&T, Kanban, Poka-yoke, VSM, DMAIC, Gage R&R.
Master of Science in Industrial Engineering January 2016- December 2017 Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering August 2009- April 2013 Anna University, Chennai, TN, India
Beacon Industries, Newington, Connecticut June 2017- September 2017 Quality Engineer
• Drove Six Sigma activities, reducing the cost associated with Unnecessary Part Polishing saving an estimated money of $150,000/year on cosmetic polishing.
• Participated in Material Review Board (MRB) investigations to dispose non-conforming products by analyzing the blueprints, CMM reports and approved reworking which decreased the rejection rate by 20% in just two months.
• Successfully Implemented mistake proofing (poka–yoke) on manual parts marking process Achieving Zero Defects.
• Prepared/updated Standardized Work Instructions, Detailed Job Instructions (DJI) for operators and operating procedures for various machines.
• Performed root cause analysis using fishbone diagram, 8D, A3 and 5Why’s suggested corrective and preventive actions to overcome barriers of quality improvements.
• Supported in creating documents including process mapping, control plan and PFMEA. Karthick Flow Controls, Coimbatore, India May 2013- December 2015 Quality Engineer
• Team Lead for quality improvement projects to reduce costs and customer complaints.
• Reduced the CNC machine’s initial setup time by 90% using SMED technique.
• Developed and maintained APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, SPC, Control Plan, Process Flow Chart and inspection procedures for all production processes and conducted periodic ISO & 6S audits.
• Participated in design review process to ensure manufacturability of new products as per customer specifications.
• Investigated customer complaints for Non-Conformance and implemented Corrective and Preventive Action.
• Identified bottleneck in the system by Value Stream Mapping and optimized the valve machining process.
• Established and implemented statistical studies such as process capability and Gage R&R studies on new jobs.
• Trained new employees for quality inspection and played a major role in the ISO 9001 re-certification.
• Participated in safety involvement teams and be constantly aware of safety considerations in all activities. PROJECT
Design of All- Terrain automobile for SAE-INDIA
This project involves the design, fabrication, and testing of a competent off-road recreational vehicle that can successfully outperform competing schools - Selected among the best 81 designs of off-road cars out of 292 teams from across India.
• Managed a team of 24 members to design and manufacture a 10HP powered single seater All-Terrain Vehicle.
• Created a project plan in Ms. Project and Co-ordinated with all team members to complete the project on time.
• Designed the Roll Cage of an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) in Catia and performed stress analysis in ANSYS.
• Identified failure modes and implemented corrective action plans using DFMEA.
• Trained the team members to fabricate parts on Lathe, Milling, and Plaining Machine. ACHIEVEMENTS & CERTIFICATES
• Invited to join Alpha Pi Mu an Industrial Engineering Honor’s Society for being an outstanding student.
• Certified in Six Sigma Black Belt (Expert Level) certification No.: 3337189.
• Certified in Project Management by PMI certification No.: 2669IME614.