A self-motivated individual with strong organizational management skills combined with excellent communication skills. Experienced administrative professional with strong leadership and a team player who is attentive to details and working in a fast-paced environment. Customer focused with diverse industry experience within non-profit, human resources and educational industry. PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
Ashford University San Diego, CA April 2011 - August 2013 Masters of Arts - Organizational Management - Specialization in Organizational Leadership North Carolina State University Raleigh, NC August 2002 - December 2006 Bachelor of Arts – Public and Interpersonal Communication WORK HISTORY
Moore County Schools Carthage, NC July 2017 – February 2018 Assistant Director of Communications
• Collaborated with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives throughout the district.
• Prepared expense reports, check requests and managed monthly budget reports.
• Reviewed, researched, and updated public relations policies and the district website style guide.
• Developed news releases, news materials, fact sheets and talking points for publicity of the organization's programs.
• Served as editor for communications materials including district news, marketing materials, and program announcements.
• Produced special video projects and managed production materials produced by outside vendors. Judson Independent School District Live Oak, TX September 2015 – June 2017 Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent of Operations
• Improved the efficiency of administrative support and program operations by maintaining the master calendar for the office of the Assistant Superintendent of Operations. Arrangement of meetings and conferences, coordinating travel, appointments, and incoming calls/messages and mail correspondence.
• Established a successful filing and retrieval system for official documents, and secured information by completing data base backups.
• Managed the district facility rentals through digital scheduling system and maintained receipt of funds.
• Maintained department budget and procurement process and procedures.
• Served as public relations liaison for the Assistant Superintendent of Operations, and coordinated presentations for district and community events with community and city officials.
• Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office
• Budgeting and finance
• Data management
• Team leadership
• Conflict resolution
• Extremely organized
• Strong verbal communication
• Managed the initial stages of the hiring process by attending job fairs, screening applicants, reviewing resumes, and setting up interviews for Operations Division. School of Excellence in Education San Antonio, TX September 2011 – May 2014 Executive Administrative Assistant to Superintendent
• Provided comprehensive support for district executive directors; maintained master calendar for the Superintendent’s office, coordinating travel, and managing all essential tasks throughout the district.
• Communicated with Board of Trustees and managed materials and details for monthly board meetings.
• Acted as liaison and maintained open lines of communication among district executive directors, board members, faculty, parents, and community members.
• Effectively handled all district personnel invoices and requisitions, and maintained a budget for the Superintendent’s Office and Board of Trustees.
• Edited and drafted agendas and minutes for the Superintendent’s Cabinet members, Board of Trustees, Leadership team, and all other scheduled general meetings.
• Assisted the HR Dept. with updates to district policies and procedures.
• Developed and implemented quarterly trainings and workshops for paraprofessional staff members.
• Co-Chair of the Communication Committee established district activities and programs to build parent-student, and building relationships across the school district. Baptist Child and Family Services San Antonio, TX June 2009 – September 2011 ETV Coordinator
• Provided financial assistance to current and former foster youth attending college or vocational training throughout the state of Texas assisting
• Provided educational training and assistance to all new and returning students and case managers.
• Developed strong and consistent working relationships with case managers, colleges faculty, and community partners.
• Created and maintained annual contracts with local bookstores, businesses, educational services and accounting departments.
• Assisted Program Director with evaluating and interviewing applicants, requisition approvals and handling crisis interventions with clients.
• Provided leadership, mentorship, applicable training and overall guidance for new ETV Coordinators.
San Antonio Housing Authority San Antonio, TX Feb 2008 - June 2009 Property Manager
• Supervised a team of four employees to oversee maintenance of properties and administrative duties; while maintaining time and attendance administration, and performance evaluations.
• Maintained weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports for both property performances regarding their budgets, occupancies, and delinquencies.
• Developed life cycle cost analyses of maintenance projects to revitalize renovations to both properties; ensured projects met building codes and work areas adhered to safety regulations.
• Handled procurement procedures and methods for both properties.
• Performed economic evaluations of current or projected programs to ensure an increase of qualified tenants and decrease tenant vacancy, and increase traffic for future tenants.