Jessica M. Mullins
A team player, with a commitment to customer service, who possesses a long track record of working in various administrative roles, coupled with excellent PC skills and the ability to communicate confidently on all levels. I have a highly organized approach, plenty of initiative, and a genuine desire to contribute to the success of the whole.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Consistently striving for a continuous improvement whilst ensuring a high level of professionalism.
• Possesses a positive attitude and excellent people skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Killer communication skills, able to be professional yet friendly both in verbal and written.
• Self-directed, wickedly organized and a quick-learner with a strong work ethic. EDUCATION
Athens State University, Athens, AL • Bachelor of Arts in English EXPERIENCE
Self-Employed • Social Media Manager
Kari Me Away, May 2014 – present
Assist in relaunch of web store to ensure maximum SEO including intense scrutiny of over 400 items (including retouching/cleaning up via Photoshop)
Write strategy and manage the content and monitoring of @KariMeAway social media outlets including, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Blog and web store
Respond to all customer comments and be mediator between Kari & fans/customers
Vittone’s Pizzaria, June 2014 – October 2014 Salary: $400/mo
Write strategy and manage the content and monitoring of @Vittones social media outlets, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
About Town Decatur, Blog Contributor, abouttowndecatur.com Salary: Volunteer
Guest blogger for events happening in Decatur, AL. Blog now on indefinite hiatus. F+W Media, Inc.; Huntsville, AL • Editorial Assistant; May 2012 – May 2014
• Write print and online messaging for products in store, Teacher Licensing events, and print magazines.
• Maintain communications between contributors to include invoicing, garment shipments, and contract management.
•Schedule models for photo shoots and maintain ongoing model database.
•Write, copyedit and proof blog posts, magazine articles and newsletters.
•Enter all appropriate information electronically to add a new product to inventory.
•Manage the content and monitoring of @SewBeautifulmag, and @MarthapullenCo.
•Contributed to the strategy/content of social media properties (Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube)
The Alabama Department of Public Health; Decatur, Ala. • Emergency Preparedness Administrative Assistant; October 2005 – April 2012
• Participate in the planning and executing of emergency preparedness exercises (for 7 North Alabama counties) with local, state, and federal organizations.
• Responded for week-long deployments to medical needs shelters, serving individuals affected by natural disasters.
• Write and proofread Administrator’s memos, letters, and written communication to staff (of approx. 500) and political dignitaries.
• Oversee leave weekly/daily for 60+ employees including maintaining correct balances.
• Answer phone calls, take accurate and precise meeting notes, and support the administrative duties within a Public Health office which houses managers for divisions of Nursing, Social Work, Wellness, Emergency Preparedness, Home Health, Epidemiology, and Immunization.
• Responsible for ordering supplies, paying invoices, and coordinating events for Emergency Preparedness team.
West Corporation; Huntsville, AL • Performance Assessment Specialist; November 2003-Sept. 2005
• Monitored and coached the performance team of 30-60 new trainees and employees ensuring quality customer service at inbound customer service call-center.
• Prepared and updated reports to evaluate employee issues, identify quality issues, and assess workflow.
• Maintained high level of product knowledge.
Michael’s Arts and Crafts; St. George, UT • Operations Manager; May 2002-August 2003
• Coached and supervised associates’ fulfilling of daily activities on sales floor.
• Interviewed, hired, and trained new and promoted employees including follow-up to ensure continued work excellence.
• Coordinated with Dept. Managers to maintain balanced inventory of over 40,000 different items.
• Completed weekly payroll for team of 40 employees and maintained personnel files.
• Verified accurate execution of product pricing, receiving, and accounts payable. FYE; Decatur, AL • Sales Associate; November 2001-April 2002
• Sold merchandise, monitored inventories and ordered supplies.
• Communicated effectively with customers.
• Contributed to a team environment while building positive relationships with coworkers. Flathead Lake Lodge; Bigfork, MT • Receptionist; April 2001-October 2001
• Check-in/check-out of resort guests as well as secure reservations.
• Developed people skills to ensure the ability to work with and satisfy customers of all backgrounds.
•Reorganized computer files to make them more accessible for all employees. Barnes & Noble Booksellers; Orem, UT • Department Manager; August 1998-April 2001
• Assisted Store Manager in hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and motivating a 30 member team.
• Managed day-to-day sales floor activities.
• Monitored and oversaw loss prevention program, including daily fiscal audit and making daily bank deposit.
• Shannon Miller, Creative Director, Huntsville, AL 256-***-****
• Leighann Lott, Design Manager, Huntsville, AL 256-***-****
• Judy Smith, Area Administrator, Decatur, AL 256-***-****