John A Brewer Jr
Security Clearance: Secret & TSA, FBI background and Financial background check. PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
● EV conversion project in converting a 1995 Camaro to 100 percent electric.
● Designed and Installed Solar panels systems using Grid tie and battery backup.
● Java, Bash, Perl programming JDBC, TLS, LDAP and SLDAP.
● Served for over 20 years as a professional Unix System Administrator, DBA, team and Project Leader with experience in UNIX Archetect, project lifecycle management, installation, configuration, change control in a Secure TLSv1.2 and migration Toward fips compliance network and SANS FC storage and I SCSI, Relational Database experiences Write P/L-SQL, T-SQL queries and procedures to provide ad-hoc data requests, data updates middleware secure services Management Systems, tuning, requirements gathering, analysis, data modeling, index, performance analysis and database administration With firewall experience.
● Heavily experienced with Solaris Jumpstart, AIX NIM and Linux Kickstart integration issues using ZFS, NFS NAS, concentrated within Oracle, DB2 and MS SQL server in a distributed, client/server. Along with web environments, such as WebLogic, IBM Websphere, MQ and Tomcat Java servlets.
● Several projects experience Unix services such has bind, named for DNS, Secure LDAP for user authentication and Authorization in role based environments, Web servers, Web applications EMC V9000 and database server and client software applications, created databases, established firewall connections connections for end-users and developers, ensured databases are up and running as required, and data is available for developers and end users. CERTIFICATION
● Solaris Administer 1
● Security +
Operating Systems: UNIX-Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Windows 9x/NT/2000/2003, XP and Netware,. Languages: UNIX K Bash Shell, SQL PL and T-/SQL, Java. Perl, C++, HTML 4.0, Visual Basic, ASP, A+, Cold Fusion MX7, Access, Excel, PowerPoint.
Tools: Enterprise Backup Utility (Net-backup), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Oracle Forms & Report, Toad, Putty, SQL Navigator, PLSQL Developer, SQL Developer. Middleware Rest interfaces. Application Servers: Oracle, Apache, Websphere, DB2, MS SQL Server. System Admin Iii, Annapolis Junction MD PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Computer Associates Inc. Dept of Homeland Security CBP, Springfield, VA From March 2014 to Current, Systems ENG, Springfield VA
● Middleware With Oracle WebLogic, IBM Websphere, Red Hat JBoss/jon, In LINUX Vmware environment.
● Configuration change control Remedy ticketing issues, secure network TLSv1.2 implementation project using Java, Bash, Perl programming JDBC, TLS, LDAP and SLDAP.
● Oracle JDBC middleware firewall network install Migration, performance issues, performed restores, assisted in and implemented recovery procedures, handled performance tuning and conducted regular system install issues and backups. Alta IT Services Dept of Defence Technical Information Services, Ft Belvoir, VA Short Term, Aug 2013 to Act 2013, System ENG, FT Balviure VA
● Middleware With Oracle WebLogic, IBM Secure LDAP for user authentication and authorization design and implementation for LINUX and Solaris hosts.IBM E9000 storage to Net Apps using Java, Bash, Perl programming JDBC, TLS, LDAP and SLDAP.
● Networker Backups Cloning and Deduplication configuration and implementation project
● Solaris using jumpstart and Solaris network install Global and Zones, setup and worked on ZFS and NAS performance issues, performed restores, assisted in and implemented recovery procedures, handled performance tuning and conducted regular system install issues and backups.
Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS/TSA), Annapolis Junction, MD,April 2011-Aug 2013, Systems ENG Ii Application DBA- TSA-TTAC-CSG and System Admin, Annapolis Junction MD
● Installed Virtualization provisioning LDOM and container and AIX LPAR, along with Linux in Datacenter, secure SLDAP authentication and authorization implementing role based security, RPM and Patch maintenance, SANS storage, and Oracle db's experience in LDAP Authentication and Authorization and Oracle Data Warehouse Informatica, Oracle OEM server. Supporting a 7/24 customer Oracle Weblogic Application Data warehouse in house environment along with maintaining Websphere and MQ related Unix integration
● Worked on issues and managed Solaris, AIX and Linux servers including Oracle Database up to 1.5 TB Oracle production database administration on a SANS FC switched fabric, fulfilled change control upgrade and change management assignments for TTAC project under secure gate for TSA clients.
● Installed Solaris using jumpstart and Solaris 11 pkg network install, and AIX NIM, setup and worked on ZFS performance issues, recommended kernel and memory Enhanced database performance, performed restores, assisted in and implemented recovery procedures, handled performance tuning and conducted regular system install issues and backups.
● Ensured technical and functional designs to meet business requirements.
● Managed User and application accounts, migrated users to secure LDAP over SSL using NSS and PAM for Solaris, AIX and Linux, tightening Security issues, Java, Bash, Perl programming JDBC, TLS, LDAP and SLDAP.user shell environment and storage issues, Patch management, system OS assisted DBA in Oracle upgrades Backup of Daily Oracle Production Database using Oracle (OEM, RMAN ) Networker Cron Scheduler tool along with 11g Database Grid Control/Db control console and worked with DBA's for space issues and enabled Archive logs/Flashback instant Data Recovery mechanism issues .
● Assisted in OS and Oracle DB Setup disaster recovery plan by assisting DBA's issues in recommending using a private channel connection in for tighter security implementing Oracle (Stream) Down Replication ranging from Development, Staging, and Production databases for the client.
● Handled Data migration over SANS Storage issues with Backup Databases of Development, staging, and production using the (RMAN) Incremental backup.
● Collaborated with the team developers and on site Clients in meetings, ongoing projects and full fill projects requirements.
● UNIX user file XML, Mail notification issues using SMTP email and SNMP messaging traps Data Management: Carried out various data analytical tasks, verifying data for calculation errors and data irregularity.
● Extensive experience in data analysis, data manipulation, database statistics, statistical research, system study, documentation and programming outstanding database and statistical proficiency with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Handled multiple tasks and precedence; take initiative; self-motivated and also keen to work in team oriented and fast paced environment.
Linux HW/Database Support Specialist contract for HP on a SRA contract with US Courts in Washington DC, System architect at ABBTECH Written PL/SQL, T-SQL queries and procedures to provide ad-hoc data requests, data updates
September 2010 - December 2011 (1 year 4 months)
Linux HW/Database Specialist research and development, systems integration using RedHat Linux with Informix, HP G5-7 Iseries server that included both EVA and SMA storage. Red Hat Linux Engineer, Pittsburgh, PA, Arcus.net at Arcus, PNC Bank March 2010 - July 2010 (5 months)
Responsibilities: Webcert Analysis of Websphere, Apache, J2EE java applications running under Linux 4, 5 and Solaris 9 and 10,
Identify workflow and software Analysis of OpenSSL Certificates inventory maintenance. Shell scripting using Bash, Shell, KSH
Monitor CRON jobs, following up on problem determination for Global information systems Web team. Oracle DBA at Burns Personnel, Xerox
August 2008 - March 2010 (1 year 8 months)
Migrating to a Oracle 11.2g Data Warehouse, Oracle warehouse builder, Oracle workflow systems and software installation integration and architect under Linux on a SANS network specializing in migrating to new Data Warehouse Oracle 11g from 10g including BPEL and Workflow components. Artech Information at IBM, Denver CO - Remote
August 2008 - September 2009 (1 year 2 months)
Remote UNIX System Administrator
•Remote VPN Support UNIX services on Qwest Communications located in Denver, the account in which IBM is providing OS support and installing Red Hat Linux, Solaris, HP UX and AIX. This is in a SANS using Veritas, EMC and Hitachi and ISCSI. This infrastructure consists of @1500 servers including application, database, web and specialty servers. Familiar with Solaris Jumpstart, Linux Kickstart and clustering technology. Veritas Cluster, Linux RedHat ES cluster Sun Cluster, AIX HACMP, HP UX MC Serviceguard. Trusted Extension, Virtual VM Zones XEN, DNS, DHCP PXE, and ZFS Veritas File systems and in using VM. Support Apache Tomcat, BEA, Websphere Web and shell scripting. Sanofi-Aventis Consultant Documentum Unix Administrator at Makro Technologies, Malvern PA March 2007 - October 2008 (1 year 8 months)
Upgrade and install new version of DFC enabled Distributed Documentum environment, using Oracle and IBM WebSphere Application Server. System implementation with multisite/multilingual deployment in the US with production in France. Application rewrite using the Documentum LDAP WDK API in order to migrate from Right Side WebTop based on the Netscape plugins product. Target was a SUN Environment using Jumpstart Solaris 9 and 10 (Virtual Machines using Zones) with an HP EVA SAN storage LTO backup with SAN-Centera behind the firewall. Use of UNIX PAM and Active directory integration with Documentum and Samba for LDAP authorization and authentication to Active Directory. UNIX System Administrator at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield July 2001 - September 2006 (5 years 3 months), Rochester NY Remote VPN Support UNIX services on Qwest Communications located in Denver, the account in which IBM is providing OS support and installing Red Hat Linux, Solaris, HP UX and AIX. This is in a SANS using Varitas, EMC and Hitachi and ISCSI. This infrastructure consists of @1500 servers including application, database, web and specialty servers. Familiar with Solaris Jumpstart, Linux Kickstart and clustering technology. Veritas Cluster, Linux RedHat ES cluster Sun Cluster, AIX HACMP, HP UX MC Serviceguard. Trusted Extension, Virtual VM Zones XEN, DNS, DHCP PXE, and ZFS Veritas File systems and in using VM. Support Apache Tomcat, BEA, Websphere Web and shell scripting. Managed UNIX systems that included SUN Solaris Zones and ZFS, Jump Start and Live Upgrade process, HP HW on Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX Enterprise servers installing configuring and Security accountability using Solaris Jumpstart and Linux Kickstart, ZFS, Zones and SANS, DNS and DHCP HTTP, IBM Web Sphere with F5 Network load balancer and and MQ, DB2 UDB SQL and shell scripting. Project management, installed, implemented project resources and task requests to management for approval, and worked with third party consultants. Supported IBM WebSphere Application Server / Apache Tomcat J2EE using JAVA J2SE server and Unix Security for NIS/LDAP along with NIS to LDAP under SUN One directory services using JAVA C++ and shell scripting HTML XML and Java Scripts. Self; Signed Certificates and create Certificate Requests through Ikeyman and sent it to Verisign to deploy new certificates.
Additional project implementations included open systems COGNOS and McKesson Informatica. Consulted with Oracle DBA's on Data Warehouse using C/C++ for security audits. Created and migrated SANS storage LUNS Set up Solaris Disk Suite Volume Manager, Veritas SVM software using direct attached Symmetric 5000 series and SANS fiber attached channel storage array using different models of IBM Storage Shark, IBM DS8100 and HP-EVA via IBM Brocade Fabric switches. Consulted and coordinated projects with the Oracle installations, performance monitoring, IO stats, space utilization, running Oracle, DB2 UDB and J2SE IBM WebSphere Application Server. Along with Netbackup migrated from IBM LTO using EMC
Wrote scripts in Shell, KSH, PERL, and C language. Set up monitoring with SNMP and SUN Net Connect. Part of network team on Solarwinds monitoring.
Y2K Evaluator E at COM-NET Inc
November 1999 - June 2006 (6 years 8 months), Rochester NY for a startup Internet Company using IBM WebSphere E-Commerce. Managed and implemented projects and tasks with resources, installed Web Security. Project proposals reviews working with in-house and third party consultants
Set up networking server services by installing and configuring Sonicwall firewalls in an ISP server configuration at Verio ISP; Setup and migrated WEB and mail redundant servers on Solaris 9/10 Used Jump Start setup and configuration of live upgrade and backups Implementing NT4/2000 and 2003 with IIS, Linux IBM WebSphere, along with Linux servers and Apache proxies using Tomcat.
Programmed in MS MFC and C/C++, SQL, Java, KSH, SH and Perl. Web & UNIX Sr. Administrator at Paychex Inc
October 1998 - June 2001 (2 years 9 months), Webster NY Security group tasks included setup and support of SENDMAIL using HP UX Virtual Vault. Responsible for supporting WAN Network Proxy Firewall using Raptor products. Managed and implemented projects and tasks for resource allocation and requests to management. Web support group by maintaining and configuring HP UX, Solaris, Linux and AIX servers Using J2SE JRUN, WEBLOGIC/Apache Tomcat, Netscape IPLANET LDAP directory service for authentication integrating NET Integrity Siteminder product. Assisted in other projects to upgrade HP UX, Microsoft NT/2000, and IIS web servers, Project work included assisting 3rd party consultants along with LDAP for HR processing Developed an extract process for LDAP. Supported Veritas under EMC Raid for Supported Disaster recovery BCP HP UX clustered redundant environment.
Responsible for installing and implementing a document management system on DOCUMENTUM content with Right Side* with workflow using Oracle.
Assisted in writing in-house applications LDAP extract process using Java and Perl, worked with development to verify and insure compatibility using. Programmed signed Java APPLETS and JSP/SERVLETS using IPLANET Web servers and developing Java JNDI/LDAP, HTML/XML, HTML, Java script, Shell script using KSH, Perl, Oracle, also thin client. C/C++, SQL, KSH, SH and Perl with CPAN modules.
Consultant at Long & Associates
September 1998 - November 1998 (3 months), Rochester NY XEROX XBS Implemented projects and tasks with resources for migration of upsizing access database to MSSQL along with installing and configuring tasks for the project life cycle. Used Microsoft SQL for MS SQL v 6.5 and 7 implementation/support. Consultant at Long & Associates
September 1998 - November 1998 (3 months), Rochester NY XEROX XBS Implemented projects and tasks with resources for migration of upsizing access database to MSSQL along with installing and configuring tasks for the project life cycle. Used Microsoft SQL for MS SQL v 6.5 and 7 implementation/support. site Senior UNIX Systems Analyst at DARTNEL Inc
March 1998 - October 1998 (8 months), Rochester NY Project work included tracking tasks and resources in setting up and supported SUN Solaris and NT Servers with workstations. Supported ongoing projects tasks by installing new and existing servers with HP-UX 10.20 in a research environment for SENDMAIL and Lotus Notes on NT. Set up web based server. NIS NFS and Web services were migrated to Solaris Server. Installed and configured Raid storage arrays using Veritas and Solaris Disk Suite Raid software. Migrated client PC's running Windows NT domain and UNIX, SAMBA in a LEGATO Networker tape backup architecture.
Senior Systems Administrator at AJILON TAD DATA SERVICES August 1997 - March 1998 (8 months), Rochester NY
Projects included work for tasks and tracking resources HP-UX 10.22 UNIX upgrade migration supporting Oracle 7.3.3.
Supported X-terminals, coordinated with application support group responsible for maintaining help desk application running under Remedy, Sybase 10.2.2 database under NT 4.0. Upgraded two SUN Microsystems SPARC CENTER 2000 clustered servers with LEGATO networker tape EDUCATION
Purdue University, Lafayette, IN
● AAS Electrical Engineering