AJAYRAJ K RAJAPPAN
P.O Box ****,
Contact No: 66016649
Career Objective – To obtain a Managerial IT position where I can utilize my experience/skills in implementing, supporting and managing the entire IT infrastructure in order to ensure quality deliverables and smooth IT operations.
Experience – Over 13 years in managing IT Systems, Network, Application and Desktop Support. Skills Summary
• IT Management • Project/Client Management
• Resource Management • Procurement/Vendor Evaluation
• Technical Support • Troubleshooting/Resolution/End-user Support
• System/Network Administration • Team Building & Mentoring
• Client Relations & Presentations • Business & IT Planning Technical Skills Summary
• Experienced in managing all aspects of IT department including resources and projects.
• Extensive experience in Systems, Network, Application and Desktop Support.
• System Administrator (Multiple Servers) experienced in implementing & managing VM Infrastructure, Vsphere Client, ESX/ESXi, Windows servers, Mail Servers, Application/Web Servers, Antivirus, Hardware, Remote networks/administration.
• Very good experience in installing & managing Windows 2003/2008/2012 with Active Directory, MS Exchange 2003/2010 server, Fortigate Firewall, backup using Symantec Backup Exec Appliance BE3600E, NAS, Security Surveillance (CCTV of over 150 cameras and 10 DVRs).
• Experience in supporting networks of over more than 250 PCs.
• Have coordinated, implemented and configured IT solutions from scratch – Cabling works, Training Labs setup with configuration, PC – Hardware and software setup, Servers – configuration of AD with User level authentications, CCTV and Security access for 2 complete training centers and project offices.
• Extensive experience in troubleshooting and support of PC-Hardware, Programming languages, Databases and Office Application Packages.
• Experienced in Configuring, administering and supporting CALL Labs for BULATS (under British Council), PERCEPTION, LCCI – ELSA/FELSA exams at client site (PTC)
• Good knowledge of local IT market, Tendering and Local Purchasing.
• Excellent communication skills, Team Player, Good problem solving skills, fast learner and a good customer service attitude.
(B.E) Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
• Undergone training for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) & MCP
• DELL Certification for Dimension, Optiplex and the Dell Workstations (Dell-350, Dell-360 and Dell-370).
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
1) T.Q Logistics Services W.L.L (TQLS), Kuwait.
Designation: IT Manager June 2009 – to date
• Directly reporting to the CEO and managing all aspects of IT department including resources and projects
• Ensuring that the future business requirements for IT services are understood and that sufficient capacity to support the services are planned and implemented in an appropriate timescale.
• Have actively participated in Requirement Gathering, Solution design and Procurement of new HR Software solution and managed the implementation and data migration without any downtime.
• Interacting and Liaising directly with Project Managers and Business Clients for IT related issues or planning to improve the effectiveness of the project in meeting client expectations.
• Working out priorities for systems developments, maintenance and operations.
• Providing leadership and vision for the IT department including strategic planning of information systems.
• Managed IT training for IT staff members and end user training on software and desktop systems.
• Created operational policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Oversee department meetings with staff leads and managers to ensure continuity of information systems support and goal attainment.
• Ensure project completion by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and IT staff.
• Create financial forecasts, outline expenditures and modify budget when necessary.
• Assess new innovative technologies, mission critical systems, security, communications and business continuity.
• Managing all information technology and network system deployment and maintenance including all IT infrastructure, wireless communications, PC systems, local networks and mobile environment
• Managing the Company Active Directory, AD, DNS, DHCP & Network Infrastructure.
• Managing Windows 2003/Windows 2008/ Windows 2012 Server-Client Network.
• Managing, Support and Maintenance of VM Infrastructure, Vsphere Client, ESX/ESXi.
• Managing Exchange 2010 Server, SQL Server, FTP Server, Web Server.
• Fortigate Firewall management - Access rules, NAT-ing, VPN configuration, traffic shaping)
• Managing backup using Symantec appliance BE 3600E running Symantec BE2014.
• Systems security using Eset Smart Security & Remote administration.
• Management and Troubleshooting of Network, TCP/IP Network Design
• Coordinating with I.T. Vendors for implementing new technologies and products. Also managing the tendering and local purchase.
• Manage the implementation, upgrade and licensing of software and ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
• Preparing Management reports for inventory, usage details and Internet traffic utilization 2) T.Q Logistics Services W.L.L (TQLS), Kuwait.
Designation: IT Engineer Aug 2005 – May 2009
• Reporting to the IT Manager, worked on providing Network, Systems and Applications Support.
• Administering the Company Active Directory, AD, DNS, DHCP & Network Infrastructure
• Configuration and support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2000/2003.
• Well experienced in Installing, configuring and administering Windows 2000/2003 Servers including AD for a user base of more than 200 clients and well versed in implementing group policy and usage policies, User Management and Security
• Configuration and Support for CCTV including more than 100 cameras and 10 DVRs.
• Installation and support for GFI Mail Security and Essentials for Exchange server.
• Installation and Configuration of Symantec NAV CE Ver. 8.1, 9.1, 10.0 by installing Symantec System Center and configuring Servers and Clients.
• Routine system backups using Symantec Backup Exec and continuous protection for backing up Exchange, AD and File servers.
• Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of network devices – Cisco Switches, Routers and WAPs.
• Preparing Management reports for inventory, usage details and Internet traffic utilization
• Installation and configuration of Servers, PC’s Printers and peripherals.
• Monitoring and installation of Windows updates and Service Packs.
• Support for Projects and responded to queries on projects
• Configuring the CALL Labs and Supporting BULATS (under British Council), PERCEPTION, LCCI – ELSA/FELSA exams at client site (Petroleum Training Center)
• Maintaining asset inventory for the company
• Daily monitoring of the Network infrastructure and Trouble-shooting day to day hardware software failures
3) Kuwait National Petroleum Company (K.N.P.C)
(Under the contract of Diyar United Company), Ahmadi, Kuwait. Designation: System Support Engineer January 2005 – Aug 2005
• Systems, Hardware and Desktop support
• Team member for Implementing and setting up Network and Systems for the KNPC Head Office at Ahmadi.
• Configuration of Novell clients and adding of users in the VLAN, configuring and adding of NDPS printers and Axis/D-link print servers, basic application and Network support.
• Imaging, troubleshooting and configuration of Workstations and Laptops.
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of hardware and local area networks.
• Installing and configuring printers and modems.
• Supporting users in Office applications like MS Office.
• Deployment of various applications and support for end user.
• Responsible for maintaining the inventory records and Database Updating. 4) Dell International Services, Bangalore, India.
Designation: Technical Support Associate Dec 2003 – Dec 2004
• Provided troubleshooting services for dell computers and laptops and ensured that the service is executed within the standard timeframe
• Analyze, resolve and log details of technical errors occurring with the systems and hardware used by the customers and Send faulty machines and equipment to the warehouse and provide replacement to the customer if necessary
• Maintain records of the equipment and systems replaced and provide details to the Research and Development team
• Configure systems and provide installation assistance for third party applications to the customers
• Proficient in handling calls and providing level 1 Technical Support to end-users.
• Experience in installation of Windows, configuration, Technical troubleshooting, support of server Hardware, operating systems, Microsoft application software and peripherals 5) Phoenix Systems, Kerala, India.
Designation: IT Support Aug 2003 – Dec 2003
• Desktop and Hardware support.
• Custom IT Infrastructure solutions for clients per business needs.
• Provided Support for software projects like
• Database Project (Using V.B & Oracle 8 database) – “Crime Record Management”.
• Remote Network Monitoring System and Failure Detection using VC++.
• Linux Based Text Editor and Graphics Editor using C++ language.
• Data Compression using C Language.
6) SSI Limited, Karnataka, India.
Designation: Trainer March 2000 – July 2000
• Provided training in Networking and Hardware
• Training for C, C++ languages
• Desktop Support
Server OS : Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012
Application Servers : Exchange 2010/Web/FTP/SQL
Server Hardware : IBM e-Server series/HP Proliant Series Servers Proxy Server : MS Win proxy, ISA 2000/2004
Backup Solutions : Symantec BE 3600E Appliance with Symantec BE2014 Email Server : MS Exchange 5.5/2000/2003/2010
Network : TCP/IP, NetBEUI, IPX/SPX,SMTP,POP3,DNS,DHCP Routers : Cisco Router (various models) and IOS configuration Switches : 3Com Super Stack II, Cisco Catalyst (various models) Language : C, C++.
Web Technology : HTML, Frontpage2000.
Database : Oracle 8, MS-Access.
Packages : MS-Office, Visual Basics, Visual C++, Java. Personal information
Place & Date of Birth : Kuwait, 7th Feb 1980
Gender/Marital status : Male/Married
Nationality : Indian
Passport No. : E6845414
Visa : Article 18c (transferable)
Valid Kuwait driving license