Cell: 615-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
Highly qualified leader with over 10 years operational management and continuous improvement leadership experience. Results oriented and effective leader with proven ability to lead by driving accountability. Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems, reverse negative performance trends, control costs, and maximize productivity and the delivery of bottom line profit increases.
Sonoco – Protective Solutions Division, Tullahoma, TN
(A $4.8B global enterprise that manufactures products used in Consumer Goods and Automotive markets.)
Plant Superintendent August 2013 – Present
Operational Leadership of diverse manufacturing, assembly and two (2) warehouses across three shifts. Accomplished site productivity objectives through coaching of front line Supervisors, Process Technicians and hourly associates engaged in the safe manufacturing of quality products that meet or exceed ISO14001 and TS16949 requirements.
- Increased plant efficiencies by over 14% through DMS and other Continuous Improvement tools targeting productivity opportunities.
- Reduced labor by $50k through successful design and implementation of a wireless scanner initiative that increased speed and accuracy in an off site warehouse environment.
- Reduced Cost of Quality by $100k annually through the successful implementation of an On Demand vision verification system for Honda parts which replaced a costly 3rd Party inspection process.
Batesville Manufacturing, Manchester, TN
(A $650M global enterprise that manufactures and sells premium products and services.)
Production Superintendent September 2011 – August 2013
Leadership of injection molding, steel fabrication, paint/finish and WIP assembly business centers across multiple shifts. Direction of Supervisors, Process Engineers, Team Leaders and hourly associates engaged in manual and robotic manufacturing and a recently upgraded finishing system in an AME Award Winning (AME Best Plant) site. Vigorously pursuing Continuous Improvements while maintaining costs and ensuring consistent delivery.
- Increased molding efficiencies by 8% through Continuous Improvement events and SMED events focused on elimination of redundant job tasks.
- Improved Customer Service delivery by 12% by establishing visual structured communication boards within manufacturing cells and leading daily gemba plant walks focusing on production obstacles and product quality.
- Operational leadership of $1.8mm upgrade of robotic finishing system using ABB robotic arms for painting.
MillerCoors, Fort Worth, TX
(A $7.5B beverage corporation brewing, marketing, and selling in the U.S. and Puerto Rico)
Business Unit Manager - Packaging January 2010 – August 2011
Successfully directed and engaged associates in glass and PET bottle, large can and keg processes across 60+ brands of beverages. Led a diverse staff of 12 with responsibility for Quality, Continuous Improvement, and over 200 associates across 3 shifts in a HAACP / SQF compliant facility. Leadership role in the launch of SQF as Fort Worth became the first US brewery to receive SQF Accreditation.
- Added revenue by decreasing year-over-year Consumer Complaints by 16% for 2010 through the introduction of Quality at Source in-line auditing by line operators.
- Value Steam Mapping increased equipment availability by 9% by grouping the scheduling of like products and reducing overall change over times.
Rich Products Corporation, Murfreesboro, TN
(A $2.65B global food manufacturing corporation, selling in 73 countries)
Production Manager April 2008 – September 2009
Empowered the workforces of the largest dough (breads, rolls and sweets) facility in the U.S., with responsibility for Product Quality, Continuous Improvement, and over 300 production associates across 3 shifts. Increased revenue through relationships built with key customers and delivering customer service improvements through the implementation of Continuous Improvement methods in a cGMP / BRC environment.
- Reduced operational costs by over 10% by integration of TPM/Lean methodology that identified process constraints and opportunities for consolidation.
- Drove the improvement of Associate Engagement scores by 18% in six months by launching Associate Accountability initiatives that drove ownership of the processes to the associates.
Sanford – a Division of Newell Rubbermaid, Shelbyville, TN
(A $6B global corporation providing a wide array of consumer products and solutions)
Manager – Printing and Assembly September 2004 – April 2008
Brownfield Start-up of strategic business units of writing instruments: including Sharpie, Accent and Expo markers using Flexo and UV Printing and High Speed Liquid Fill processes that developed into marker assembly operations. Start-up successes included: recruitment, Quality improvements, training program development and the launch of TPM Continuous Improvement tools. Led the implementation of SAP in Warehouse and Production operations as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Metal-to-Plastic Project Champion, delivering $1.2mm in annual savings.
- Increased line fill from 68% to 99% without increasing inventory levels.
- Implemented Behavior Based Safety which reduced year-over-year accidents by 30%.
Playtex Products, Inc., Dover, DE
(A $300M manufacturer of medical devices and consumer products)
Manager – Packaging & Warehouse Operations March 2001 – September 2004
Direction of world-class packaging and warehousing operations of consumer products including diverse team with 200+ hourly associates in a fast paced, cGMP and Lean Manufacturing culture. Championed Safety with a savings over $1M in Workers Comp claims, including a 35% reduction in OSHA recordable accidents.
- Improved commodity dock-to-stock, resulting in an increase of 30% in the number of trailers moved per day through Process Mapping and work center optimization projects.
- Restructured operations and warehouse departments, including asset relocation and consolidation of multiple processes and labor, resulting in a net savings over $700,000.
Middle Tennessee State Univ. B.S.
Productivity Inc. TPM Practioner
Six Sigma Green Belt