JOSE E. BAUTISTA
**** ********** **, ******** *******, CA 91362
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 24 years of experience in distribution and warehouse operations management.
Well-adept in all aspects of warehouse operations such as receiving, storing, and shipping of goods; inventory management; workload planning and resource allocation; space utilization; handling and stacking techniques; disposal of obsolete goods; pest control; security; and occupational health and safety.
Proven track record of maintaining and developing a productive warehouse.
Expert knowledge of lean principles and techniques to maximize customer value.
Strong leadership, communications, organizational skills and personnel management skills.
Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Warehouse Manager 10/2017 – present
Westlake Village, CA
In charge of all aspects of warehouse operations and coordinates with Sales and Logistics teams to ensure product availability and timely fulfillment of orders.
Managed a team of 12 warehouse associates and ensures a smooth daily shipping and receiving operation.
Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and performance reviews of all warehouse associates.
Designed and implemented warehouse performance metrics that delivers optimum output out of available manpower.
Performs warehouse space availability analysis and consolidates inventory to optimize warehouse floor and accommodate inbound deliveries for uninterrupted supply chain flow.
Conducts warehouse operations analysis with the objective of streamlining daily operations and processes.
Currently documenting all warehouse procedures and guidelines to develop a comprehensive warehouse operations reference and procedures manual.
Reports to executive management possible warehouse management system enhancements and coordinates with IT Department implementation upon management’s approval.
Shift Supervisor 10/2017 – present
CVS Health, Oak Park Store
Oak Park, CA
In charge of inventory and warehouse management and cashier supervision.
Managed a team of 8 store clerks and ensures smooth daily store operations with the main goal of providing excellent service to the needs and demands of store clients.
In charge of inventory management, unloading and receiving of inbound products and making sure that shelves are fully stocked.
Responsible for store closing routine and end of day sales and cash balancing.
Provides assistance to the Store Manager in any aspect of store operations as required. Warehouse Operations Manager 03/1994 – 08/2017
Managed a warehouse staff of 30 to 40 employees that include 3 department supervisors, shipping and receiving crews, order pick teams, palletizing crews and building maintenance coordinator.
Responsible for driving the operational excellence of warehouse and ensuring audit and compliance requirements are met.
Implemented lean manufacturing methodology, KPI development, and WMS development and implementation.
Head all aspects of the warehouse workflow while coordinating with sales and purchasing teams to ensure product availability and timely fulfillment of orders.
Monitored the daily high volume e-commerce drop shipments for Amazon, Groupon, Best Buy and Target.com either thru direct EDI or using SPS Commerce Web Forms.
Maintained inventory accuracy at a percentage rate of 99.7% by conducting regular cycle counts to ensure the entire inventory is cycle-counted once every 6 months.
Produced periodic reports on the effectiveness of work processes and the effectiveness of personnel, as well as operational issues and suggested solutions.
Trained new employees on policies and procedures; monitored progress and conducted semi-annual employee evaluation; and coached and mentored warehouse supervisors to deliver maximum results.
Worked with vendors and purchasing team to obtain quotes for products and services.
In charge of ordering and tracking warehouse supplies to prevent any disruption in packing and shipping products.
Performed other duties directed by the CFO such as budget planning, staffing, capital and process improvements projects.
• Led process improvement team to reduce order delivery miss-picks, greatly reducing the cost of rework, product returns, re-deliveries and improving customer service and customer satisfaction.
• Spearheaded two separate warehouses relocations.
• Redesigned warehouse shelf and rack layouts and implemented a numerical location identification system that improved pick time by 50%, reduced labor costs and headcount.
• Promoted 5 employees out of hourly pool to higher levels in the organization as a direct result of mentoring.
• Assisted with the development and implementation of improvements to the overall appearance and operation of the distribution center.
• Maintained impeccable safety record by adhering to OSHA standards and achieved more than 10 years without recordable injury in the department.
• Instituted the use of pick tickets in order fulfillment which increased productivity by 55%.
• Designed and implemented an automated shipping system that eliminated manual data entry of shipping information.
• Created new inventory scheme using usage reports to locate items in warehouse.
• Implemented FIFO system in order fulfillment and created a reporting system that monitors inventory aging and slow moving inventories.
• Increased growth in an organized manner in efforts to maintain profit and effectiveness throughout the whole operational and logistics processes. Systems Analyst/Programmer 10/1982 – 06/1993
Philippine Bank of Communications
Successfully led all phases of diverse technology projects, such as nationwide networking of Checking and Savings application for all branches and computerization of the Accounting Department, featuring a comprehensive Chart of Accounts and an automated system that generates all required Accounting reports from Daily Trial Balances to Profit and Loss Statements. Planned and managed technology solutions project to drive process improvements and competitive advantage. Leveraged technical expertise to communicate effectively with internal clients. Produced high- quality results that meet or exceed timeline and budgetary targets. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – 3rd year 1981 Mapua Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Arts – Management Information Systems 1984 Colegio de San Juan de Letran
Coursework for Bachelor of Science – Accounting 1988 Colegio de San Juan de Letran
Wasi Khursheed, Product Manager
Dustin Haro, Purchasing Manager
David Bagacina, Materials Coordinator