OBJECTIVE: To attain a director of purchasing position with a growing company where I can maximize my management skills, purchasing and program management experience to assist the company in strengthening its position within its industry.
Highlights & Qualifications
● Highly self-motivated and proven in achieving set goals.
● 14 years automotive related experience. 10 years waste industry experience.
● Ability to analyze and solve problems in a changing work environment.
● Strong negotiation, contracting, budgeting and organization skills; attention to detail. Experience: Senior Manager Procurement & Supply Chain Management April 2007 - Current Republic Services Inc., Phoenix, AZ
● Lead manager on purchasing/engineering integration.
● Developed and implemented leveraged large capital construction sourcing and negotiation procedures. Buildings, equipment, excavation, landfill construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC.
● Implemented National bid sourcing events for all engineered materials (geosynthetics, pipe, pumps, well heads, flares, geosynthetics installation, gas O&M, gas drilling and construction), groundwater monitoring, air compliance, radiation monitoring, and aerial mapping. Optimized transportation to change the way we do business. Supported multiple sourcing initiatives including renewable energy development, recycling infrastructure, spill response management, and electronic waste.
● Initiated $45M Consultant bidding policy initiative saving $3.4M YTD.
● Lead a team of (4), managers and buyers.
● Responsible for millions of dollars in documented year-over-year cost savings - $16.3M in 2017.
● Achieved consistently “exceeds expectations” performance during last 10 annual reviews and received recognition through National Engineering Award in 2008 and for Countywide Landfill in 2009. Achieved synergy savings of $1.8M during the 2008 RSg/AW merger.
● Expert in Online RFP/Bidding Strategy (Ariba).
● Trained last 5 buyers hired for LF Purchasing. All have been promoted. Purchasing Manager January 2007 – April 2007
Faurecia Automotive, Auburn Hills, MI
● Responsible for all small to medium sized stampings and castings used in instrument panels, seating, and interior applications for all OEM platforms. Coordinated all engineering changes, led all cost savings initiatives and started an offshore sourcing initiative for chrome plated castings. Director of Purchasing Dec 2004 – January 2007, Purchasing Manager June 2000 – November 2004 Collins & Aikman Corporation, Southfield, MI
● Responsible for $700M of corporate plastic commodity purchases supporting 27 plants in US, Canada, and Mexico.
● Direct supervision of 5 Purchasing Managers and 14 buyers.
● Successfully negotiated $19M dollars in immediate cost reductions for 2006.
● Managed the procurement of the following commodities, resin, stampings, fasteners, castings, aluminum extrusions, paint, electrical, wiring harnesses, switches, airbags, foam, shoddy, and fiberglass.
● Implemented off-shore purchasing strategy sourcing $15M during 2007/08 to China and India.
● Coordinated acquired Textron Automotive and Becker Plastics purchasing integration.
● Key employee retained as part of Chapter 11 restructuring. Senior Buyer April 1999 – June 2000
Valeo Wiper Systems, Auburn Hills, MI
● Advanced Purchasing for complete windshield washer systems for all GM Mid Lux business.
● Sourcing of all components necessary for manufacture of production washer system, reservoir assembly, hose assembly, nozzles, wiper motor casting, stampings, santoprene covers, plastic components, clips etc.
● Worked with suppliers, designers, and engineering early in the process to drive cost out. Leveraged all new business with commodity manager's current suppliers to achieve maximum cost reductions and long term agreements.
● Advanced purchasing trainer for all new buyers.
Coordinator Procurement September 1995 – April 1999 BMW Manufacturing NA, Spartanburg, SC
● Managed all Body in White Stampings for the BMW Z3 Roadster production, including Hoods, Doors, Fenders, floor pan, etc. Total annual piece price expenditures $68M.
● System supplier coordination of all engineering changes major and minor averaging $16M annually between BMW AG Germany and BMW-MC.
● Direct negotiator with Magna, system supplier to BMW on all engineering, changes, tool room rates, cycle times, press rates, piece price calculations, and annual cost reduction goals.
● New model coordinator for Z3 Coupe, Z3 High Performance, Z3 Roll Bar and Electric soft-top, and Z3 right hand drive packages including all spare part packages. Buyer January 1994 – August 1995
General Motors Corporation, Flint, MI (Cadillac Luxury Car Division)
● Current Production and Advanced Purchasing for the metallic commodity group.
● Managed stamping deck totaling $46M in annual expenditures, while successfully negotiating over
$1.8M in direct cost savings annualized.
● Parts responsible include small to medium stampings supporting interior and exterior door, chassis and electrical simultaneous management teams. Aluminum heat shields, fuel filler doors, hood latches, hinges, and deck-lid strikers for CLCD responsible car lines (C, H, G, K). Education
Florida State University, Tallahassee FL
Bachelor of Science in Management
Major: Purchasing / Materials Management