Jackson, MI *****
To be part of a team with a company where I can utilize my many skills and advance in my career. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
MULTIMATIC MICHIGAN - 2016-07 - 2018
• HR for a startup automotive manufacturer for General Motors. When I started, this was an empty building in the process of building offices, etc
• Human Resources (all aspects), hiring, firing, orientation, discipline, employee issues (investigating and resolving), employee relations, employee paperwork/files, background checks, drug testing). Hired over 200 employees from March on). Our Human Resources information I kept up in our Odyssey program.
• Created all forms used from scratch, including the Employee Handbook.
• Payroll (all aspects). Processed payroll on a bi-weekly basis manually in ADP Workforce Now up to 140 employees. Had to manually calculate all regular, overtime, shift, and job premiums. Implemented a time clocks system, Enterprise, about 1 month ago as a side-by-side with timesheets until glitches were out.
• Processed all garnishments, support orders and tracked and processed all pay increases for progressive hourly employees, perfect attendance bonuses, yearly bonuses and salaried yearly increases. Also set up the company Michigan Unemployment account and processed all unemployment. Yearly GTL, and ACA compliance.
• Benefits (all aspects). Processed all benefits for all employees for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Also was in charge of all short term disability, long term disability and FMLA.
• Tracked all attendance points for hourly employees manually and processed letters that were up to termination.
• Manually kept track of all vacation and personal unpaid time off.
• Did all the journal entries for each payroll, including expense reimbursements that were processed through payroll that had to be allocated to correct accounts. Did the yearly budget, monthly head count, turnover, direct labor count, petty cash, accruals for payroll, monthly employee meetings for the HR and Safety side, Fidelity
(401K), and profit sharing calcs.
• I was in charge of safety, Worker's Comp, and discipline that related to safety issues. I brought in all PPE, including uniforms at the startup of the company.
• In charge of all security as far as badges and building through security software/company. SR. HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
AK TUBE LLC - 2010-07 - 2016-07
• Recruiting of employees, which could include aptitude testing, background checks (with Justifacts), physicals, hair and urine drug testing, interviewing and orientation of new hire paperwork and policies.
• All employee relations including settling and/or helping employees on their issues or concerns. I have very strong leadership skills.
• Clarification and making sure company policies, procedures, union contracts, and past practices are followed by all employees, including Supervisors, Managers and Union Stewards.
• Reconciliation of all month end accounting for union dues, insurance bills, pension, etc All year end calculations/info for instance insurance, vacation, and benefit letters
• Responsible for Vets 100, Vets 100A, EEO, EEO1, AAP, and applicant tracking.
• Discipline up to termination.
• Administer all self-insured medical insurance, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, voluntary insurance, and FSA. Also process and administer 401K, union dues, tuition reimbursement, and pension plans. This would include all claims for life insurance and long term disability.
• Participate in company surveys for salary administration purposes.
• Process and track all attendance points, FMLA, Cobra, LOA, and Short Term Disability.
• In charge of all unemployment and all unemployment hearings.
• Front line company representative for all grievance meetings, arbitrations, and union contract negotiations.
• The only one who process all aspects of Sox compliance payroll for all union (weekly) and salaried (semi- monthly) employees using the ADP Portal and Enterprise E-time systems. This would be a cost accounting payroll to make sure correct departments and job rates are paid. This includes calculating, processing, and tracking all paid time off, deductions, garnishments (any kind), monthly bonuses, and disability.
• Only Administrator for HR information in our ADP Pay eXpert system. This includes all personal information, reviews, salary and history, deductions, taxes, etc..
• Track and issue all training to Supervisors for our employees through our Intelex Training Software. We have over 500 policies and procedures that are constantly revised and have to be issued to employees. Backup is necessary for safety discipline, grievances, and arbitration. This also includes any training packets for new job bids and new hires.
• Responsible for all personnel and medical files. This includes all record retention.
• Set up all company events, along with wellness programs and yearly service awards.
• TS/ISO 16949- 14001 Internal Auditor.
CONTROLLER - BOLT FROM THE BLUE
- 2008-09 - 2010-02
company closed - owner move to Florida)
• All cost/accounting for the company including G/L entries, P&L, Balance Sheet, accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Weekly payroll, including contractors.
• All taxes for the company, Federal, State, and Local
• W-2's and 1099's
• All company banking, including check signing capability.
• Human Resources (including all payroll, HR paperwork) PAYROLL, HR, BENEFITS COORDINATOR
ALLIED WASTE - 2005-04 - 2008-02
• District Payroll and HR for 10 different divisions with 4 different union contracts. Union employees were done on a weekly basis, and salaried employees on a bi-weekly basis.
• Orientation of all new hires no matter which union contract they were under.
• In charge of all short term disability, 401K, vacation, FMLA, applicant tracking and Human Resources in the HRIS system.
• Supervisor over one employee
• Payroll forecasting on a weekly basis, vacation accruals, pension, union dues, deductions, and 3rd party sick pay. This would include processing of benefit checks.
• Process all deductions, including all garnishments. Started out in District in charge of 10 divisions, 4 union contracts for all Payroll, Human Resources, and Benefits. Supervisor over one employee. The district closed and I went to division. In 2008, the company downsized and my job went to the new district in Michigan. PAYROLL COORDINATOR
TEXTILEATHER CORPORATION - 2003-08 - 2005-03
cutbacks and eventually closed)
Processed all aspects of Payroll for 400 union and 100 salaried employees with ADP - E-time. Started out as physical time cards and then I implemented the ADP hand scan which they had 12 different possible shifts. In charge of all garnishments, paid time off, and deductions, including 401K administration. EDUCATION
Bachelor's in Business Administration - Concentration Accounting and Finance Associate in Business Administration - Concentration Information Systems ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• Human Resources (All Aspects)
• Payroll (ADP, HRIS, and AS400) (All Aspects)
• Benefits Administration
• Union and Non-Union Manufacturing Facilities