OF TEXAS AT
Sathya Narayanan Manivannan
firstname.lastname@example.org +1-682-***-**** WORK EXPERIENCE
COGNIZANT - DATA WAREHOUSE PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Jan 2014 – May 2016 Chennai, India
• Responsible for ETL development, UNIX shell script development, fixing MS IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Expected Graduation - May 2018
Cum. GPA: 3.9/4.0
BE IN ELECTRONICS AND
2009 - 2013 Chennai, TN, India
Github:// Sathya Narayanan Manivannan
LinkedIn:// Sathya Narayanan
Applied Database Management
Business Data Mining
Data Warehousing and BI
Social Network Analytics
Big Data Analytics
Object Oriented System Analysis &
Computer practice lab in
Fundamentals of OOPS
Data Structures and OOPS
FIELD OF INTEREST
Data Warehousing & Business
• Python • R • Pyspark
• SQL • UNIX shell scripting
TOOLS & PLATFORMS
• Hadoop • Informatica • DB2
• DataStage • CONTROL-M
• SAP Business Objects • UCINET
• SPSS • WEKA • MS Excel
• Sqoop • Flume • Impala
ETL tool rejects, SIT/UAT testing and production support. UT ARLINGTON - BIG DATA LAB STUDENT ASSISTANT
Sep 2017 – Dec 2017 Arlington, TX, USA
• Computed the term frequency across titles, for each author to find their area of concentration using Pyspark.
• Other responsibilities included Hadoop system administration, UNIX shell script development and Data analytics using Pyspark. UT ARLINGTON - INFORMATION SYSTEMS TEACHING ASSISTANT Jan 2018 – Present Arlington, TX, USA
• Graduate teaching assistant for Big Data Analytics, Business Statistics, Introduction to Python and MIS & Data Processing.
CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACCOLADES
• Innovated an UNIX shell script automation which traverses between multiple nodes and removes unprintable characters in multiple files.
• Innovated an UNIX shell script which automatically mails the number of records rejected from a DataStage job.
• Innovated a DataStage job which converts the information in JCL files to table entries in DB2 database (Cognizant Hackathon).
• Won best performer of the quarter award for July-September 2015.
• Programmed a recommender system utilizing beacon technology & applying Social Network Analytics concepts and won the Keystack Summer Hackathon 2017 (Python).
• Was awarded an academic scholarship for Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 by UT Arlington.
• Coded and presented a Database Management System project on analyzing database tables about pet treatment information and derived useful insights by querying them using SQL (Oracle SQL*Plus & ER Diagram).
• Presented a research paper on comparing various Data warehousing OLAP tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, Qlik view & Business Objects and classified them based on scale of an IT organization.
• Had hands on experience in creating InfoCubes using SAP Business Objects and analyzed sales data of a bike manufacturing company.
• Programmed and presented a text mining big data analytics project on finding term frequency and inverse document frequency of Shakespeare’s works using MapReduce.
• Programmed and presented a machine learning big data analytics project on predicting the survivors of Titanic disaster using Pipeline, Vector assembler
& Pyspark ML package utilizing the Kaggle dataset.
• Developed and presented a big data analytics project on predicting the stock price of an organization based on the number of job vacancies using K-means clustering & LSTM algorithm (R & Python).
• Analyzed and presented a Data Mining project about prediction of customers who will subscribe for a new term deposit using Machine Learning algorithms on UCI Bank marketing dataset (WEKA).