Wooster, Ohio 44691
March 17, 2018
Dear Hiring Manager,
I'm applying for a position at your company. Based on the posted description, I'm confident that I am fully qualified for the position and will be a strong addition to your team. I am an excellent team player and open to any challenges. I accept and absorb any technical knowledge to retain and utilize towards future endeavors. If possible, I would appreciate a job interview at your earliest convenience. Please find my resume attached.
I can be reached at the number above or at my email address. Thank you
September 2001 - Present
902 Ridgecrest Drive Wooster, Ohio 44691
330-***-**** • email@example.com
Experienced Maintenance Manager professional with more than 20 years of maintenance and management experience, seeking to join your team and fill an electrical maintenance or Lead Maintenance position. Willing to discuss open Maintenance Manager positions. I'm A loyal team player that is always looking to challenge myself and expand my knowledge and capabilities. Safety is paramount and I have A steadfast commitment to excellence and top-notch high quality work. Key Qualifications
● <>20 Years of management experience Managing newspaper Pressrooms and Maintenance Department.
● <>Responsible for maintenance, repairs, replacements, and troubleshooting of all electrical and mechanical equipment within operational and repair budget.
● <>HVAC trained, with EPA Certification (608 Universal). 9 years of HVAC repair experience and RTU wiring, rewiring, installation, and repair. Split units, driers, and chillers.
● <>Have knowledge of HVAC building automation controls, zoning, damper controls, and dampers.
● <>Experienced in 480V 3 phase power and wiring, AC and DC power, low voltage control power, electrical, electronics, and UPS systems.
● <>Firm believer in safe work practices and OSHA compliance.
● <>Arc Flash Certificate good for 3 years.
● <>Experienced installing and some programming of PLC's, CLC's, computers, AC and DC motors, servo motors, drives, electronic drive cards, power supplies, encoders, and variable frequency drives/converters.
● <>Also have experience altering ladder logic on PLC's with the proper software.
● <>Knowledgeable with pneumatics and Hydraulics. E to P valves, air cylinders. Tow motors, forklifts, walk behinds.
● <>Experienced Electrical and mechanical troubleshooter.
● <>Excellent at reading and utilizing electrical drawings, manuals, and schematics.
● <>Extremely deadline oriented, and work well under pressure.
● <>Keen eye for upgrading faulty parts for maximum longevity, efficiency, and less downtime.
● <>Pays close attention to details.
● <>Strong leadership and instructional training skills.
● <>20 years of industrial manufacturing maintenance experience on large automated and manual newspaper presses and manually and automatically controlled machinery.
● <>Very skilled with conveyor systems, air compressors, and vacuum pumps. Work Experience
Maintenance Manager, The Wooster Daily Record
● <1>Hands on Manager of all maintenance, repairs, replacements, and troubleshooting of all electrical and mechanical equipment for entire industrial production facility.
● <2>Manage, maintain, and repair 31 RTU's and 3 chiller units from 30 ton down to 5 ton. 9 years of HVAC experience and RTU unit installation.
● <3>PLC programming and installation. Motors, Drives, and Frequency converters; install and program.
● <4>Experienced in 480 Volts 3 phase wiring and installation. Excellent in electrical troubleshooting and repair.
● <5> Machine set up, installation, and wiring.
July 2001 - September 2001
June 1999 - July 2001
February 1994 - June 1999
Aug 2011 - May 2012
Aug. 1992 - May 1993, Aug. 1993 - Dec. 1993
1989 - 1993
Assistant Pressroom Manager, The Montgomery Advertiser Maintenance
● <1>Managed and lead the night shift for the deadline oriented daily newspaper.
● <2>Excellently communicated with all shifts and departments for optimal through put efficiency.
● <3>Produced and filed production management documents. Shift Supervisor, The Pensacola News Journal
Journeyman Press operator / Maintenance
● <1>Operated doublewide newspaper press and makeready processes.
● <2>Maintained newspaper press and press processes.
● <3>Also troubleshooted electrical problems for maintenance on newspaper press.
● <4>Shift Supervisor.
Pressroom Manager, The Panama City News Herald
● <1>Managed all aspects in around and through the Pressroom.
● <2>Ordered all supplies for operations of production process.
● <3>Maintained all portions of newspaper press and press machinery.
● <4>Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues on and around press.
● <5>Excellent communication skills.
Wayne county career center
● Completion certificate with a 97 A in Heating and a 98 A in Air Conditioning.
● Concentration in industrial and commercial applications. Electronics
Haney Vocational and Technical center
● Was not able to complete due to medical issues. I.E. Bone tumor in femur. High School Diploma
Rutherford high school
● Graduated in June 1993 with diploma.
● Panama City, Florida 32404
EAE Senior Electronics Service Technician
Pressroom Supervisor, The Wooster Daily Record
Mailroom Manager, The Wooster Daily Record