Master of Science, Chemical Engineering GPA:4.00 July 2018(Exp.) Arizona State University Tempe, Arizona
Bachelor of Engineering, Chemical Engineering GPA:3.70 July 2016 Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Rajasthan, India
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Advanced Transport Phenomenon, Process Reaction Engineering, Polymer Science and Processing, Nanotechnology Applications, Environmental Pollution and Control, Modelling and Computation of Materials, Creating and Leading Entrepreneurial Organization, Engineering in Semi-conductors and Microelectronics. AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
• National Finalist for ASU Venture Devil Startup Competition. Spring 2018
• Winner- EPICS fast-track innovation challenge for startup- TerraPad. Spring 2018
• Recipient of the national level Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under Spring 2012 Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scheme of the Government of India SKILLS and ABILITIES
Laboratory Skills: NMR Spectroscopy, FTIR, Dynamic Contact Angle, Surface Tension Measurements, Design of Experiments, Viscosity Analysis, Chromatography, DLS, polymer synthesis, purification techniques, pH and conductivity measurements, GPC DSC, TLC.
Certifications: Six Sigma green/black belt – May 2017, AIChE Safety Certifications: ELA 903-Risk Assessment, ELA 902- Runaway Reactions, ELA 901- Safety in the Chemical Process Industries, ELA 950- The Importance of Process Safety, ELA 951- Hazard Recognition, ELA 962- Chemical Reactivity Hazards, ELA 984- Inherently Safer Design. Visual Basics for Applications with MATLAB, Microsoft office, JMP, COMSOL, ANSYS Fluent, Aspen Plus, ChemCAD, TopSpin, Mestre Nova, Zetasizer, Adobe Photoshop.
Graduate Researcher, Green Research Group – Polymers Laboratory Group at ASU August 2016 - Present
• Synthesized novel silicone polymers grafted with different functional groups.
• Polymer characterization such as surface tension, hydrophilicity, critical micelle concentration, micelle shape and size.
• Collaboration with Mayo Clinic on analysis of bile salt, surfactant-like micelles. Intern, Personal Care and Cosmetics department at BASF Chemicals January – May 2016
• Investigated the impact of variable amounts of conditioning agents on the foam height of surfactant-based products to improve the quality of commercial personal care products
• Analyzed and interpreted response of different antioxidants on soap sensory, foam and other physical parameters Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering Department at BITS Pilani January – December 2015
• Modeled three phase reactors for aqueous phase reforming of Ethylene Glycol in MATLAB
• Led a team of four undergraduate students to record the effect of concentration and base fluid on the thermal conductivity of oxide Nano fluid
Teaching Assistant, School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy August 2017 - Present
• Assist professors in teaching, grading and preparing assignments and solutions for courses such as Polymer principles and processing and Chemical Reactor Engineering
Summer Intern, Century Rayon May 2014 – August 2014
• Prepared Sodium Hypochlorite by extracting lime, chlorine and Sodium sulphate present in waste water of Rayon Plant.
• Recovered pure calcium sulphate from effluent water by double decomposition with Sodium Sulphate. PUBLICATIONS:
• Gupta, S., Moghadas, B., Kodibagkar, V., Green, M.*, Synthesis and Characterization of novel hydrophilic siloxane for proton imaging to map tissue oxygenation levels. Poster presented in 2018 Molecular, Cellular and Tissue Bioengineering Symposium.
• Gupta, S., Ahmed, U., Green*, M., Synthesis and Characterization of novel hydrophilic siloxane. –in progress. MEMBERSHIPS
Coordinator August 2014 – May 2015
Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE), Pilani Chapter Pilani, India
• Reviewed Abstracts for poster and paper presentations, Organized monthly Association Meetings and technical show.
• Managed IIChE, Pilani Chapter website- newsletters and events section. Coordinator August 2013 – May 2015
Activities club, Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, India
• Organized college events and shows as a part of 20-member team
• Invited professional speakers at college events and managed event expenses.