College of Computer Science, Northeastern University, Boston (GPA – 3.45) Expected graduation: May 2018 Candidate of Master of Science in Computer Science Coursework: Algorithms, Web development, HCI, Data Mining, Information Retrieval Punjabi University, Patiala Jun 2013
Candidate of Bachelors in Electronics and Communication TECHNICAL SKILLS
Web Technologies: Angular5, Angular2, ReactJs, AngularJs, Node.js, Bootstrap, CSS Cloud Services: AWS EC2, Heroku
Version Control: Github, Accurev, SVN
Test frameworks: Jasmine, Karma, Mocha
Masters Assistant, Northeastern University, Boston Present
• Tutored introductory computing and programming course for over 50 students.
• Tutored a class of over 150 students that covered the principles of object oriented program design. Project Development Engineer, ERT, Boston Jan 2017 – Sep 2017
• Developed highly interactive hand-held device-based applications (Logpad, SitePad) for clinical research data acquisition and data management. Maintained applications post release providing backwards compatibility with every release.
• Develop software applications in a highly regulated environment (ISO 9001, FDA 21 CFR Part 11).
• Involved in working closely with other teams and finishing tasks in a very fast paced work environment.
• Automated template generation for client specific deployment that considerably reduced work of other team members. Senior Software Engineer, Infosys Limited, Pune, India Jan 2014 – Dec 2015
• Maintained an intranet web application on ASP.NET using .NET Framework 4.0, used by major bank to process the trade data and generate regulatory reports. Tested application for usability and resolved bugs encountered.
• Developed back end database for the same application using Oracle 11g. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Northeastern University, Boston
• Developed ‘WebAppMaker’, a mobile first web application that allows users to build custom web applications. Create websites easily, add pages and widgets to websites. Enabled login with Google and Facebook.
• Developed a MEAN stack application where a user can view upcoming movies, review the movies, add them to favorites’ list. The user could visit profile of other viewers and watch out their recent activity. Incorporated ‘tmdb’ API.
• Built a responsive & single page application front-end in Angular 5 that allows users to build a recipe book and a shopping list for all the ingredients for their respective recipes.
• Developed a Plagiarism Detector tool that helps to determine if students have submitted similar solutions. The tool was built using JAVA for backend and Angular JS framework for frontend. Data Mining
• Developed a recommender system for product discovery in Instacart, by exploring approaches that included Content-based
+ Collaborative-Filtering systems, Clustering and Matrix Factorization. Information Retrieval
• Implemented Page Rank algorithm measuring importance of 60,000 web pages crawled until convergence using Python.
• Designed and developed a Web Crawler that crawled more than 60, 000 web pages in a team of three using Python.
• Programmed a Spam Classifier, classified emails as spam/not spam by learning on a training set of emails and applying model on test data. Used linear regression to train the set and applied the model to test set of emails, gaining accuracy of 99.5%.
• Implemented Document Modelling clustering using Elastic Search Index. Database Management
• Developed a database (Rat Race) to keep students updated on the upcoming Co-op positions. Also, implemented an Online Chat forum that acted as a liaison between students and the Co-op Advisors.