Phillip J. Poole
MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
*** *** *** # *** *** Diego, California
A customer focused, IT professional with over 20 years of experience in Business Operations, and Microsoft Solutions especially SharePoint and Office 365. High level proficiency in understanding business needs regarding Business and IT. From implementation, project management, team work/communication, research, documentation, and providing strategic vision using Technologies to benefit long term business solutions. Currently holding Microsoft Certified System Expert in Productivity.
Prescient Digital San Diego, CA
Senior SharePoint Consultant February 2018 – Current
• Conducted SharePoint Online/Office 365 Enterprise Solution for San Diego Energy Company
• Project Management: Assisted in planning in an Agile and waterfall project management practices.
• Business Analyst: worked with directly with client PM on planning site architecture and developing site build plan, Content Management migration strategies (ShareGate) and site adoption
• Provided assistance on introducing and developing on SharePoint use: Standardization and Governance
• Assisted in gathering details and conducting “Look and Feel” mockups, assessment, re-evaluations and approvals, Team sites, Project Sites, Communication Sites
• Provide direction on company-wide, departmental assistance on SharePoint integration and adoption
• Provided limited site customization/webparts using SharePoint Designer. HTML, CSS, JSON, .NET and C#
• Conducted meetings, expressed verbal and written communications between stakeholders, department heads and various vendors
Top Value Service
Microsoft Services Consultant (SharePoint/Office 365 Specialist) Vientiane, Laos
May 2016 – January 2018
• Spearhead Microsoft Solutions (Sales, Implementations) into new market areas, offering up Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange and other Microsoft Solutions in Laos. Broke ground on providing high level Cloud, Microsoft and IT solutions in Laos. Assisted in developing partners and strategies on sales and implementation with local clientele
• Project managed all implementation and migration Microsoft projects, achieving top results – from Office 365 on-prem to cloud migrations, SharePoint and others using Microsoft tools like FastTrack, ShareGate and AvePoint’s SharePoint Migration tools.
• Responsible for getting the company on Office 365/SharePoint and directed migration and training for compliance
• Setup Dynamics CRM 365 (D365) to manage all customer accounts, customized and provided ongoing training the staff on best practices
o Setup a Cold Calling interface solution and a Device Leasing solution with BI analytics o Setup a simple asset database for managing leased computers to customers
• Setup SharePoint as the internal document management system
• Assisted in BI/analytics and reporting for the CEO and management team using PowerBI.
• Conducted Office 365 Seminars for O365 customers how to use O365 Apps, SharePoint and much more.
• Created easy-to-understand presentations and marketing on O365, SharePoint and other Microsoft solutions.
• Managed a technical team to assist with implementations, migrations and support.
• Helped established Microsoft Silver Level Partnership in Datacenter and Cloud Productivity and other partnerships with Sharegate, Firestart, Collabware, LeapThought, Bismart and more.
• Knowledgeable with other O365 solutions like Dynamics365, Delve, Yammer, Project and more. GMIT Partnership / Mekong Soft Acquisition
SharePoint Specialist/Project Manager
February 2015 – December 2015
• SharePoint - created a large scale customer portals using SharePoint 2013, centralized all documents and managed each department document workflow and document library repository.
• Setup, customized and provided technical support for small businesses for monthly revenue using Microsoft SharePoint 2013
• Setup and Managed Disaster recovery solutions for SharePoint and Windows using many methods.
• Developed and Assisted in Project Implementation and Migrations for SharePoint 2013.
• Assisted with other Microsoft implementations like Exchange, Windows Virtualization
• Managed a technical team to assist with implementations, migrations and support.
• Created and conducted SharePoint training modules to clients for user acceptance Mekong Soft
SharePoint/Server Solutions Expert
March 2013 – February 2015
• Implemented SharePoint 2013 Solution for many Lao/Thai customers. SMB. o Conducted interview and scoping to find customer needs, created documentation, plan o Executed implementation of SharePoint on-prem solution o Worked with the customer on site customization and user acceptance o Provided training modules/seminars on how to use. Other SharePoint Skills:
Forms integration with InfoPath Site Setup and Management User training Creating Customized Workflows Template customization Site and User Security Word and Excel File Integration SharePoint Documentation Problem Solving Research
• Ancillary role in setting up Operations and responsible for all Day-to-day Operations of Mekong Software Solutions:
o Customer Management: Engagements and Negotiations, Sales and Marketing strategies o Technical: Project Overview, documentation, support research and training.
• Provide leadership on all IT projects from customer interaction, preparing the team, establishing project plan, documentation, execution and post project wrap-up. ECME Electrical Civil Mechanical Engineering Vientiane, Laos IT Manager Jan 2011 – Jan 2013
• Lead role in a complete SharePoint 2010 implementation with integration, customization, management, documentation and training company-wide (using skills listed above)
• Secondary responsibilities involve the maintaining the daily operations of IT infrastructure.
• Minor role in developing many Processes and Policies within ECME that was not previously established. Created Documentation Standards and assisted with other departments on effective team management and document control with the use of SharePoint.
• Implemented Dynamics CRM 2011 integration, customization, management, documentation and training. Experience in Forms, Workflows and Relationship mapping.
• Managed a 6-man IT team of Lao nationals, responsible for hiring, disciplining, training and help career shaping. Aspects of training involve effective research tactics, documentation and teamwork/communication.
• Lead role in developing the current network into an Ipv6 and Virtual Network (Hyper-V). Increased network accessibility, efficiency and security using A/D and Group policy, by significant measures.
• Assisted in creating/documenting policies and procedures for ISO 9001/ISO14001 Industry Certifications American Technology Specialists Columbus, Ohio and Vientiane, Laos Technical Specialist (Microsoft) Sept 2006 – Jul 2011
• Network Specialist: Developed, Implemented and Managed internal infrastructure development and Business Strategies using Windows Server technologies. o Setup Win2008 /Win2003 setup with email (Exchange), remote (VPN/RDP), backup solutions o Developed, Maintained Active Directory/Group Policy Structures
• Planned, Implemented, Customized and Managed SharePoint (MOSS) 2007 & SharePoint Foundation solutions for 2 customers. Primarily within aspects of customization and on-site training.
• Customer Manager Expert: Instrumental in all Sales and Marketing aspects of the business
• Project Management: Orchestrated, and Managed multiple website development/networking projects
• Policies and Procedures: Created and implemented IT policies and procedures
• Marketing: SEO Specialist, Researched and Implemented Marketing Strategies
• Documentation: created all documentation standards on internal processes and polices and training
• Website Development: SEO Specialist: Knowledge of highly effective SEO/KEI. Setup and implemented many strategies to help local customers gain Internet exposure based off of their budget. Domain Hosting and Website development in HTML, CSS, XML, PHP5 and ASP.NET, using Dreamweaver, Flash CS3 CRM: Researched, implemented and customized CRM's. Web/Banner development, Photoshop JP Morgan Chase/Modis IT - Process and Policy Specialist Feb 2005 – Dec 2006 Columbus, Ohio
• Supported Analyst on an “In-House” Ordering/Call tracking software interface for Blackberries, Pagers and Cell Phones.
• Interacted with vendors in order to make the Ordering software coexist and with developers and other internal departments on issues regarding any corrective means to outstanding issues.
• Conducted/Assisted in meetings with programmers and management regarding issues, reporting, and upgrades (SDLC)
HMU Consulting, Inc. - Network Administrator Mar 2004 – Jan 2005 Columbus, Ohio
• Setup Small to Medium Client Server Networks for 30 Law firms
• Built Windows 2003 Small Business Server: (installed, configured, setup Users in Active Directory)
• Configured and managed many small business Exchange Email 2003 server and planned, Installed and managed SQL2000 and SharePoint 2003 server with multiple legal clients Columbus Public Schools/TechSolve - Network Administrator Mar 2003 – Dec 2003 Columbus, Ohio Cardinal Health/RHI Consulting - Tech Support Apr 2002 –Oct 2002 Columbus, Ohio CompuCom - Central Ohio Regional Technical Team Lead Oct 1998 – Dec 2001 Columbus, Ohio
• Helped grow existing accounts internally by analyzing current (projects, accounts, and environment)
• Assisted in monthly and quarterly budget analysis: projections and cost allocations
• Assisted in hiring procedure: conducted resume analyses and initial interviews/inquiries Cisco Systems (Sub-Contractor) – Technical Support Honda Research and Development (Sub-Contractor) - Help Desk Manager
• Created and organized all helpdesk operations and provided direction and duties
• Created Detailed Documentation on procedures and policies MicroAge, Inc. – Technician Mar 1998 – Oct 1998 Columbus, Ohio Lucent Technologies – Intern and Lab Assistant Oct 1995 – Mar 1998 Columbus, Ohio Language: Spoken: Read/Writing:
English Fluent Expert
Lao Basic Basic
Thai Basic None
Last Activity Recorded : October 13, 2017
Microsoft Certification ID : 8812207
PHILLIP J POOLE
VIENTIANE, Vientiane City 01000 LA
ACTIVE MICROSOFT CERTIFICATIONS:
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert
Certification Number : G371-2076 Achievement Date : 10/13/2017 Certification/Version : Productivity
Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate
Certification Number : G362-4190 Achievement Date : 09/29/2017 Certification/Version : Office 365
Certification Number : E120-3237 Achievement Date : 01/02/2013 Certification/Version : Windows Server 2008
Certification Number : E120-8368 Achievement Date : 01/02/2013 Certification/Version : Windows Server 2012(*Charter) Microsoft Certified Professional
Certification Number : E105-0303 Achievement Date : 12/20/2012 Certification/Version : Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist
Certification Number : D936-0799 Achievement Date : 06/25/2012 Certification/Version : Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
Certification Number : D932-0567 Achievement Date : 06/21/2012 Certification/Version : Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
Certification Number : D775-7707 Achievement Date : 05/11/2012 Certification/Version : SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
Certification Number : D623-3452 Achievement Date : 01/26/2012 Certification/Version : Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Applications
Certification Number : D593-1069 Achievement Date : 12/21/2011 Certification/Version : Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration
LEGACY MICROSOFT CERTIFICATIONS:
Microsoft® Certified IT Professional
Certification Number : E120-3235 Achievement Date : 01/02/2013 Certification/Version : Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
Microsoft® Certified Technology Specialist
Certification Number : D932-0568 Achievement Date : 06/21/2012 Certification/Version : Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deployment Certification Number : D589-4831 Achievement Date : 12/19/2011 Certification/Version : Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation and Deployment
Microsoft Certified Dynamics Specialist
Certification Number : D622-6182 Achievement Date : 01/25/2012 Certification/Version : Managing Microsoft Dynamics Implementations
MICROSOFT CERTIFICATION EXAMS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY : Exam ID Description Date Completed
331 Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Oct 13, 2017 347 Enabling Office 365 Services Sep 29, 2017
346 Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements Jun 30, 2017 646 Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator Jan 02, 2013 417 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 Dec 20, 2012 640 Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring Jun 25, 2012 681 TS: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deploying Jun 21, 2012 642 Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring Jun 21, 2012 432 Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance May 11, 2012 MB2-868 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Applications Jan 26, 2012 MB5-858 Managing Microsoft Dynamics Implementations Jan 25, 2012 MB2-866 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration Dec 21, 2011 MB2-867 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation and Deployment Dec 19, 2011
(C*) Charter Member