Sierra Vista, AZ
Operating Room Assistant
Yale New Haven Hospital - New Haven, CT
July 2017 to February 2018
1. Provides physical assistance to nursing staff performing patient care and transports patients throughout the hospital as needed.
* 1.1 Uses proper patient positioning techniques and equipment correctly while moving or transporting patients.
* 2. Performs cleaning tasks and responsibilities to ensure the sanitary condition of the L & B and the O.R.
* 2.1 Sets up cleaning equipment and readiness for use with necessary supplies at the beginning of each shift.
* 3. Meets established standards for the maintenance and transportation, cleaning, inventory and control of all medical-surgical equipment.
* 3.1 In OBS, maintains par levels of all medical-surgical equipment. Locates and returns all equipment which is missing from the L & B Unit and O.R.
* 4. Maintains supply inventory in all areas and provides essential errand services for the O.R. and the L & B Unit.
* 4.1 Inventories and stocks all areas according to established par levels with 00% accuracy (e.g. LBR's, all supply closets, blanket warming closets, universal precaution stations, O.R., etc).
* 5. Maintains competency in areas of responsibility and participates in Unit activities that promote a cohesive team.
* 5.1 Completes on line mandatory continuing education classes as required. Ensure annual PPD is current.
New Haven, CT
June 2016 to July 2017
Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
Prepare meals and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
Help children keep good hygiene
Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents
Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
Front Desk Receptionist
Ultimate Staffing - New Haven, CT
December 2015 to June 2016
Registering new patients
Performing insurance verification and data entry (demographic information)
Obtaining the collection of co-pays and necessary signatures
Schedule appointments for providers including physician and technicians.
Check in/out patients.
Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
Answer incoming telephone calls.
Call Center Representative
Care Centrix - Phoenix, AZ
May 2015 to December 2015
• Receives and responds to incoming calls or faxes from providers, referral sources, and potential patients. Accurately enters information to begin the referral process into the CareCentrix portal and accurately records the outcome of calls in the proper screen.
• Collects and enters clinical and demographic information to begin the referral process along with verifying eligibility and benefits information by contacting health plans or payors to ensure services provided will be covered by the carrier. (e.g., deductible amounts, co-payments, effective date, pre-existing clauses, levels of care, authorization, visit limitations, documentation required to process claims, etc.). Accurately documents all communications and decisions into a computer database.
• Consults applicable Payer Fact Sheets in Intake Process. Works with other staff and patients to identify potential solutions as problems are identified with payer sources.
• Identifies potential payer sources, obtains authorization from the authorizing entity. Accurately documents conversations and decisions with payer sources
• Processes SV Alerts and communicates resolution to the quality team and the patient.
• Responsible for logging all interactions and thoroughly following up with members and providers.
• Files CARTs, completes the Internal Issue Log, and SOC templates when applicable.
Medical Appointment Scheduler/ Front Desk
Temps - Phoenix, AZ
August 2014 to 2015
Schedule the time and exams for patients
Perform pre-registrastion procedures
Enter information in system for appointment scheduling,rescheduling and cancellation
Perform pre-registration,faxes report,scan documents and punch clinical data
Handle customer service associated requests,communicate preparations and handle call backs
Coordinates legal records request and perform a variety of others clerical tasks
Answer incoming calls in a polite and expert manner
Place calls to referring physcians for patients expressing complexity with scheduling
Identify patients with particular needs and solve problems accordingly
Medical Records /Front Desk
Cambelback Pediatrics - Phoenix, AZ
September 2012 to June 2014
•Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
•Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
•Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
•Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
•Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
•Delivers charts to assigned areas of the office by following established routing procedures.
•Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
•Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
•Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
•Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
•Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
•Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
mentor, companion educator, advocate and friend to consumers
Mary's Missions - Sierra Vista, AZ
September 2011 to December 2011
Sierra Vista, Arizona BHPP (Behavioral Health Paraprofessional)
• Responsible for assisting and empowering peer consumers by identifying a main concern.
• Developing strength based independent living plans that include measurable goals and objectives. Proved the ability to carry out independent living plans with peer consumers.
• Served as a mentor, companion educator, advocate and friend to consumers.
Medical Records Assistant (HIM)
Hospital Of Saint Raphael's - New Haven, CT
July 2004 to December 2009
• Protected the security of medical records.
• Ensured confidentiality was maintained.
• Reviewed records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
• Retrieved patient medical records for physicians, technicians, and medical personnel.
• Maintained and operated a variety of health record indexes and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze information.
• Compiled and maintained patients medical records.
• Processed patient admission or discharge documents.
Hospital Of Saint Raphael's - New Haven, CT
May 2002 to July 2004
• Transported patients to and from various departments and discharged patients.
• Handled every patient with care, dignity and respect.
• Checked patients in and out of computerized system.
Diploma in General Academic Curriculum
Adult Education Center - New Haven, CT
AddAdd your skills
October 2016 to October 2018
• Exceptional customer services skills through phone or in person
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Highly attentive to detail and accuracy
• Ability to keep and maintain confidentiality of sensitive and private information
• Calm, patient during stressful situation
• Able to deal with all personality types in a professional manner
• Honest, team oriented and willing to learn
• Computer literate with sound knowledge of MS Office Suite