Dameyon L. Ford Jr.
Seek a challenging new career opportunity that will leverage my industry experiences in Hospitality Management, Customer Services, People Management, Retail Sales, and Human Resource Management.
5+ years Hospitality General Management Experience
8+ years Customer Service experience
6+ years Human Resource experience
Vendor Management experience
Team Development, performance management
Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation
General Manager, Extended Stay America Milpitas, CA [03/2014 – 06/2017]
●Site leadership over 3 large-scale properties, 150+ rooms across 3 campuses - San Carlos, Morgan Hill, and Milpitas/San Jose.
●Led all efforts to hire, develop, and retain a high performing team of professionals that are ambassadors of the hotel’s brand.
●Achieved 10% increase in site revenues thru creative marketing campaigns
●Achieved 5% site cost reductions thru development of cost cutting strategies
●Achieved high customer service scores 4.5/5 ongoing, focus on delighting guests
●Promoted 100% guest satisfaction, ensure that all guest related issues (Social Media) are resolved in a manner consistent with company goals and objectives.
●Managed multiple 100+ room sites - San Carlos, Morgan Hill, and Milpitas CA.
●Responsible for annual occupancy and revenue objectives, activities including setting goals, completing competitive analysis and compiling management reporting on overall hotel operations.
●Responsible for carrying out inspections of property and services, ensuring compliance with laws and statutory regulations. As well, ensuring the security of our guests and staff is effective.
●Responsible for planning work schedules for individuals and teams, responsible for managing contractors and suppliers, and managing food and hotel supply orders
●Led efforts to promote and market the business, and to drive lead generation
● Responsible for the development of leadership status reports and business operations planning
Guest Service Representative, Extended Stay America, CA
[09/2013 – 03/2014]
● Responsible for front desk Customer Services, checking in/out guests
● Responsible for providing excellent service to guests (Guest would always rate me 10 out of a 10 point scale, and the primary reasons I was promoted within 6 months to General Manager)
●Responsible for transacting bookings and refunds, as well as daily financial audits
●Responsible for facilities maintenance and cleanliness, taking steps to ensure high customer satisfaction, making recommendations to leadership to improve overall guest experience.
●Provided daily reports and updates to the hotel General Manager and Senior hotel leadership.
Human Resources Leader, San Jose College Park Target, CA
[07/ 08 – 04/14]
● Leader responsible for daily operations of the HR Department of a 65 million dollar a year store.
● Leader in charge of staffing and development for 260+Staff members
● Leader responsible for overall store payroll processes
● Responsible for day to day escalation management for staff members
● Responsible for workforce staffing and optimization recommendations to Sr. Management
Marketing and Events Associate/, SJSU Associated Students (A.S.) [10/08– 07/09]
● Leader of three Associate Student departments.
● Supported planning of events for the A.S.
● Responsible for maintaining the organization of the office and storage units.
Office Manager, SJSU University Housing Services, San José, CA
[Aug. 2007 – May 2008]
● Supervise 12 office assistants who directly operate the front desks of three primary housing facilities for first year students.
● Assist in the hiring of office assistants through interview and application review
● Reviewed programs as submitted by staff, and executed to deliverables
Education San Jose State University Aug. 2006 -May 2009
Lynwood High School, Lynwood, CA Sept. 2002 – June 2006
Rick Armendariz, Sr. Manager, Cisco Systems Inc., San Jose, 408-***-****
Gina Frohlich, ETL HR, Target, San Jose 408-***-****
Christy Riggins A.S. S.J.S.U Government Executive Assistant 408-***-****