Santa Clara CA *****
669-***-**** SHRUTI TIWARI
Strong background in research in theoretical physics, well equipped with analytical and problem-solving skills as well as computational skills. Expanded my skills in Data wrangling, and exploration, descriptive and inferential statistics, querying, visualization and analytics tools. Team worker, love challenges, positive attitude. 12 years of post-secondary education which involves multiple analyses of experimental data which entailed extracting the useful and filtering out the irrelevant data.
Enron dataset fraud detection Udacity, Nanodegree Program Feb 2018 Build a person of interest identifier by analyzing the email communication and financial details made public after Enron scandal.
• Tools used python, NumPy, Pandas, and SKlearn
• Algorithms used- Naïve-Bayes for email text and decision tree for salary and bonus details. Stroop effect Udacity, Nanodegree Program Jan 2018 Used descriptive statistics and statistical t-testing on a dependent paired sample data to prove the Stroop Effect. https://github.com/shruti12912/Project-on-Stroop-Effect
• Technical tools- python, NumPy, MS Excel, matplotlib, jupyter.
• Statistical tools- t-testing, descriptive statistics. Open Street Map Data Udacity, Nanodegree Program Nov 2017 Thorough wrangling, exploration & analysis of OSM dataset (SFO region). https://github.com/shruti12912/open-street-map
• Cleaning of the dataset using Python, Analysis & processing of huge OSM data using advanced querying.
• Identified and recommended strategies for improvement of data quality in OSM data by 30%.
• Technical tools: SQL, python, NumPy, pandas, jupyter. Quality of Red Wine Udacity, Nanodegree Program Dec 2017 Investigation of factors influencing the quality of red wine using R. https://github.com/shruti12912/Red-Wine-Quality
• A thorough exploration of the interaction between variables in red wine.
• Univariate, bivariate and multivariate analysis using advanced ggplot2 and linear modeling.
• Technical tools- R, ggplot, SQL.
Titanic Survivor Data Udacity, Nanodegree Program Sep 2017 Investigation of factors influencing the survival of passengers. https://github.com/shruti12912/titanic_survivor
• Data auditing and statistical analysis of survival rate using Pandas & Numpy, SQL.
• Analytic visualization using matplotlib.
First Principles Study of layered oxides JNU, New Delhi, India Oct 2012 –Dec 2013
• Using simulations designed a new multiferroic material PbTiO3 and La2NiMnO6
• Computed interfacial transport properties of LaAlO3-SrTiO3 Studies of multiferroic materials BHU, Varanasi, India Mar 2007 –Jul 2012
• Computed optical and magnetoelectric properties of multiferroics using Fortran, Matlab, mathematica and other scientific computing tools like XCrysden, VASP
• Publications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=ScIi7kgAAAAJ EDUCATION
Data Analyst Nanodegree Udacity, Nanodegree Program Sep 2017 – present
• Data wrangling, descriptive and inferential statistical analysis z-testing, t-testing, A/B testing, and Visualization using tableau, D3, ggplot, and matplotlib.
• Supervised, Unsupervised and reinforcement Machine Learning algorithms- Naïve-Bayes, SVM, decision tree, K-nearest Neighbor, regression, random forest to name a few. Postdoctoral Fellow JNU, New Delhi, India 2012 – 2013
• First principle study of layered oxides and multiferroic materials PhD. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India 2005 – 2012
• Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics.
Master of Science Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India 2003 – 2005
• Physics, Specialization in Electronics
LANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES
• Languages: Python (NumPy and Pandas), R, Java, FORTRAN, C, XML, SQL.
• Package/Frameworks: MySQL, MongoDB, Quantum Espresso, ABINIT, VASP, Mathematica, Matlab.
• Tools: M S Excel, Rstudio, Jupyter, Eclipse, GIT, Oracle SQL*Plus, SQLite, Tableau, Scikit Learn. AWARDS
• D S Kothari Postdoctoral fellowship.
• CSIR- National Eligibility Test (NET), JRF.
• Research Fellowship Scheme for Meritorious Students conferred by University Grants Commission.
• First rank in one-year certificate course in Polish language sponsored by Embassy of Poland. PUBLICATIONS
• Shruti Shukla and Debanand Sa, “New collective modes in multiferroic RMnO3: The electromagnons.”, Solid State Communication 149, 1557 (2009).
• Shruti Tiwari and Debanand Sa, “A phenomenological Landau theory for electromagnons in cubic spinel multiferroic CoCr2O4”, J. Phys. Cond. Mat., 22, 225903 (2010).
• Shruti Tiwari and Debanand Sa, “Raman scattering in orthorhombic multiferroic RMnO3: The role of mixing of lowest harmonics among the components of magnetization”, Solid State Comm. 150, 2001(2010).
• Shruti Tiwari and Debanand Sa, "Phenomenological theory for polarization in spiral multiferroic TbMnO3", Pramana ( 86, Issue 4, 917 (2016).
• A. Rastogi, S. Tiwari, J. J. Pulikkotil Z. Hossain, D. Kumar and R. C. Budhani, “δ-doped LaAlO3-SrTiO3 interface: Electrical transport and characterization of the interface potential”, Euro. Phys. Lett. 106, 57002(2014).