• Hands-on, decisive, action-oriented and result focused IT professional offering many years of experience in software development with Master-level education.
Demonstrated experience as a project leader and team player with full System Development Life Cycle experience
Strong technical background in business analysis, Project Lead, database administration, system analysis, design
Solid skills in software testing, implementation, support and troubleshooting procedures
• Solid skills in gathering business requirements and writing executive summaries, documentations, and presentation.
• Creative thinker/analytical problem-solver with demonstrated ability to manage projects from planning through execution/completion under the pressure of fast-paced and time-sensitive environments with multiple interruptions.
• Excellent experience of Ellucian Banner version 8 and 9.0 (aka Banner XE)
• Excellent knowledge on Mathematics
• Exceptional interpersonal communicator who effectively interacts with clients and all levels of management
• In-depth understanding of Agile methodology
• Proven ability to deliver high quality IT products/projects on schedule and under budget.
• Can quickly learn new technologies and systems to understand project requirements to envision project goals
• Accurate and detail-oriented
• Excellent experience on MS Word, MS excel, MS Project and Visio Skills:
• Requirements Gathering & Analysis
• User Acceptance Testing
• Project Management
• BI, ERP & Big Data Platforms
• Agile, Scrum, SDLC
University of Michigan – Dearborn April 2012 - Present Sr. Business Analyst
Managed project timelines and communicate with management staff and clients to ensure project progress satisfactorily.
Used SCRUM for agile development and participated in a team-led solutions, reviewing Peer's code for quality.
Participated and conducted sprint meetings (15 days) assist SCRUM Master
Identified development issues, brainstorm solutions and constantly improve the solution via test and feedback until the issue is resolved.
Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment.
Translated stakeholder requirements into over many different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
Facilitated monthly meetings with clients to document requirements and explore potential solutions.
Write Test Cases and created Test Plans for all projects
Applied Banner’s frequent upgrades and patches to the student information system and provide project leadership amongst module owners and users for testing.
Performed quality assurance, system integration and user acceptance testing facilitating on-time, on-budget and acclaimed “go-live” of enterprise implementations for up to 500 users.
Verified and maintained Data Quality, Integrity, data completeness, ETL rules, business logic.
Partnered with developers to automate manual processes, saving time and money while decreasing errors.
Analyzed the interrelationships of Banner’s data elements and their usage to improve the business process.
Identified, analyzed, maintained, and corrected Banner support software problems dealing with complex data relationships using Oracle and SQL in a Client/Server architecture.
Maintain architecture as it relates to the college database computer systems.
Established, prepared and maintained standards and procedures for the identification, organization, modification, and documentation of all elements in the physical data structures and logical views for the Oracle database.
Provided strategic and operational direction for the environment and new software.
Designed training for staff and users.
Owens Community College, Toledo OH March 2001 – April 2012 Database Administrator
• Analyzing the interrelationships of the data elements and their usage to improve the business function in the following environment: Win (NT/98/2000), UNIX (HP-UX B.11.11), Linux (Suse 9/10), Oracle9i/10g/11g (SQL, PL/SQL), Developer2000, SunGard Banner 8x, Application Manager
• Apply SunGard Banner’s frequent upgrades and patches, test and apply to system.
• Within the dimensions of complex projects involving low level application expertise and high-level technical expertise, became proficient with all system support software.
• Identify, analyze, maintain, and correct Banner support software problems dealing with complex data relationships using Oracle and SQL in a Client/Server architecture.
• Establish, prepare and maintain standards and procedures for the identification, organization, modification, and documentation of all elements in the physical data structures and logical views for the college database.
• Prepare, audit, document and test a current and comprehensive backup schedule (backup, recovery and control of physical space) for restoration of the database.
• Assist in the overall planning of systems programming activities and coordination of the computing resources to include system testing, debugging, documenting and implementing new/revised system programs.
• Develop solutions for business system problems using Win (NT/98/2000), UNIX (HP-UX B.11.11), Oracle9i (SQL, PL/SQL), Developer2000, SunGard Banner 6X Oracle, and tools. Determine logical flow, function capabilities, and potential methods to improve the business function.
• Analyze, design, construct, implement and support systems to perform functional business capabilities for Banner. Identify system problems and develop program specifications to solve the problem.
• Support end-users with obtaining requirements, documentation, system upgrades, training, and reporting needs. Ensure Operations has a current and comprehensive backup schedule that will provide data files from which complete college database restoration is possible.
• Assist in the department orientation, computer systems training, and supervision of Computer Services junior staff.
Reader’s Digest Association, NY August 2000 – March 2001 Programmer/HUB Administrator
• Created Database Tables, Stored Procedures, Database Triggers and Packages for a fully automated Inventory Management System to store vendor and product data, to check minimum product maintenance, to maintain logs, and to handle common daily transactions using UNIX, Oracle7.3 (SQL, PL/SQL), Developer2000 and Constellar. Monitored Constellar hubs for data conversion. Developed the interfaces, interacted with developer, and resolved problems. Enhanced the interfaces and investigated the hub it if was running too slow. Meadow Book Insurance Group, MI March 2000 - July 2000 Programmer/Web Developer
• Reduced the burden on network traffic by using VB Script and Java Script for front-end validation.
Carnival Cruise Line, FL September 1999 – February 2000 Programmer
• Designed and developed front-end screens for the Shipboard Management System (SPMS) with VB Script, Java Script, Active Server Page and HTML in the following environment: Windows
(95/NT), UNIX, Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL). Java Script and VB Script were used for data validation.
• Extensive interaction with users to determine requirements as well as troubleshooting. Testing of programs for the performance issues, coding standards, Y2K compliance, handling support issues, modifying database procedures and triggers using PL/SQL, Developer 2000 (Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5) Designed HTML pages according to third party’s requirements. COMP-U-LEARN INC. MI January 1998 – August 1999
• Designed the User Interface of the Payroll Processing and Attendance Monitoring System using HTML forms and VB Script for validation. Designed the database transactional access using ASP. SQL Server with a rich set of exception handling to process possible exceptions.
• Designed and coded ActiveX Instructor system in Visual Basic 5.0 to extract data from the Exchange Server's Folders and then accessed this Collection Object of DLL through ASP to get the desired sorted and filtered collection to display the Instructor Agenda data in the browser. TATA Chemicals. INDIA November 1995 – December 1997 Programmer
• Designed and developed an Inventory Tracking system to aid the lab analysis process with Oracle and Visual basic in a Client/Server environment.
• Modules included inventory management, report generator, product analysis, life cycle manager and data integrity reports.
Master in Computer Information Science - University of Detroit Mercy, Michigan Diploma Web-Pro MI.
Bachelor of Science - Gujarat University, India.
ERP, BI & RDMS
Ellucian Banner (Student Information System), Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, MS Access, MS Project, SQL Developer, TOAD
Oracle PL/SQL, SQL, C, HTML, VB Script, JAVA Script, ASP, Visual Basic 4.X/5.X, Developer/2000, Designer/2000, VISUAL J++, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, shell scripting
Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Apple iOS, Android Agile, Scrum, SDLC