Senior QA Automation Engineer
Emil : email@example.com
Phone : 603-***-****
Senior Automation QA Engineer with 8 years of SDLC, STLC experience that includes sound understanding and analyzing business/functional requirements, preparing test plans, test strategies, identifying test scenarios and writing test cases, conducting test review meetings, writing automation test scripts for Web Applications, Mobile Applications, Web Services, BDD using Cucumber, Angular Testing with Protractor, Selenium, Appium in various domains like Networking, Insurance, Banking, HealthCare, Private portals.
• 8+ years’ experience in design, architecture and development of software test automation solutions based on software development/release requirements of web-based and client-server applications as an Automation Test Engineer and as a Manual Tester.
• Expertise in Entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle (TDLC) in Agile as well as Iterative development environments. Expertise in different types of testing such as Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, and GUI testing.
• Conversant in developing Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports and documenting Manual and Automation Tests. Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver Automation Framework for Smoke test and Regression test using TestNG.
• Experienced in working on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross-browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross-browser. Developed and executed test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, analyzed Test Results and created Defects.
• Automated regression test cases using Selenium IDE, WebDriver, Jenkins and Maven. Performed functional testing of enterprise restful Web Services using SoapUI. Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS in creating automation scripts.
• Configured application framework using excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI. Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber.
• Performed Continuous Integration of code and scripts using Jenkins and triggered the Continuous Delivery process using Jenkins build jobs.
• Effectively involved in Defects logging, tracking and managing Defect Life Cycles using HP Quality Center and JIRA. Segregated defects based on the hierarchy of the effects on the test scripts using Log4j. Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
• Configured Jenkins Build jobs to perform continuous integration of source code maintained using configuration management repository. Conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands-on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, and Hybrid.
• Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging. Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
• Experience in Parallel Execution of Multiple Tests at a time in different environments. Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider. Proficiency in testing complex software applications including manual testing
Test Approaches Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Testing Tools Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI,, QC, QTP, ALM
Test Build & Integration Tools Maven, Jenkins, Ant
Frameworks Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Programming Languages JAVA, Gherkin, SQL C, C++
Markup Languages HTML, XML, XPath, CssSelector
Databases SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL.
Browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems Windows XP/7/8, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX, Mac
Defect Tools HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
MS Office Tools Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities Eclipse, SVN, GitHub, FireBug, FirePath
WORK EXPERIENCE PROJECT
ANTHEM VIRGINIA BEACH, VA QA ENGINEER SEPT 2015 – CURRENTLY WORKING
• Assessed & analyzed user stories, Business Requirements (BRD), Functional Requirements (FRD) and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
• Recognized and classified the plan for Test Scope, Test Strategy High-Level Document and Test Data within the context area of each sprint.
• Strong experience with software development approaches like Agile and Iterative.
• Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work.
• Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System Testing on “Claims” filing pages using Selenium WebDriver.
• Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
• Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
• Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
• Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
• Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG
• Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
• The Test Cases were configured to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
• In Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, the Test Suites, Test Cases & Test Data Sets were configured to perform or skip the execution and wrote the test results Passed/Failed/Skipped to the output files.
• Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
• Used SoapUI to test the application web services.
• Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform a build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
• Performed continuous integration of code and scripts using Jenkins. Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI
Environment/Tools: Java, Selenium 2.0, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Oracle, XML, HTML, Cucumber, SoapUI, Maven, Jenkins, RTC, Agile/Scrum
COMPSOURCE MUTUAL INSURANCE OKLAHOMA CITY, OK QA ENGINEER JUNE 2014 – AUG 2015
• Prepared Test Cases and involved in the Test Data creation.
• Executed test cases and participated actively in System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
• Create and execute automated test scripts for Web Pages using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, J-UNIT and Database as a source of Test Data.
• Run test cases using selenium grid hub and node simultaneously on multiple platforms.
• Used selenium node to run the browser, and executed the Selenium commands within the browser against the application under test.
• Executes test cases related to mouse hover using Actions class and find hidden elements using XPath, frames and windows classes.
• Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
• Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
• Performed Cross browser compatibility testing using Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers.
• Performed Synchronization testing using Selenium.
• Created test reports generated out of TestNG and created the error screenshots.
• Use Fire path and Firebug Firefox plugins for identifying all the web elements using locators.
• Interacted with the Development team and the Environment team in prioritizing the defect list and validating known bug fixes.
• Performed Ad-hoc testing when required.
• Found Defects, prepare Defect reports and Status reporting, Bug Triage, Defect tracking using Jira.
• Share Daily Status Report with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers and Clients.
• Executed some test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites, groups.
• Involved in the use of BDD and ATTD based Step Definition, Scenarios and Features in Gherkin language using Cucumber.
• Configured Maven dependencies to execute automation suites.
• Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
• Performed testing on Web Services API requests for Soap Protocols and Restful architecture using SOAPUI to check the communication between devices over networks.
• Involved in the design and development of Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern.
• Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber.
• Used Jenkins tool for continuous integration of the builds.
• Wrote SQL Queries to connect to the database and retrieve data for a specified set of test requirements.
• Conducted Conflict Management meetings with the team, stakeholders for the better-quality outcomes.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Jenkins, SoapUI, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, JUnit, Maven, TestNG, Agile, Oracle
NESTLE GLENDALE, CA QA ENGINEER AUG 2012 – MAY 2014
• Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
• Created Test plans, managed team members, assigned tasks and conducted meetings. Worked on SQL scripts to load data into the tables.
• Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
• Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web application.
• Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber
• Involved in developing selenium automation framework using TestNG. Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites from the command line. Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
• Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
• Performed Data-driven testing using Selenium and TestNG functions which reads data from property and XML files and Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins.
• Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data
• Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and JUnit. Performed Data-driven testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
• Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using JUnit.
• Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI for Testing Web Services. Performed cross-browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera.
• Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite
• Performed back-end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
• Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool. Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
• Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behaviour of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
• Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on the daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, SQL Server, HTML, XML, SVN, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, JIRA, Maven, Cucumber
CITIZENS FIRST BANK BOWLING GREEN, KY QA ENGINEER APRIL 2011 – AUG 2012
• Prepared Test cases for positive and negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
• Scripted Tests and automated using Selenium IDE / Selenium WebDriver at OS level for User Interface (UI).
• Used Hybrid/Data Driven Framework and extracted the data from external Excel files using Apache POI.
• Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation. Executed User Acceptance Tests in Behavior Driven Pattern using Cucumber.
• Performed Cross Browser Testing on different types of browsers to run all the tests at the same using TestNG.
• Used JIRA to track bugs and maintained the flow of iterations. Performed Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins Continuous Integration. Executed Batch files using Selenium.
• Performed black box testing, database testing and web-based testing on each registration using Selenium.
• Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform a build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
Environment/Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, JIRA, SVN, Maven, Jenkins
MOTOROLA INDIA QA ENGINEER JULY 2009 – MARCH 2011
• Attended Weekly Status meetings, Walkthrough meetings, QA meetings, and bug review meetings.
• Involved in the kick-off meeting. Used GitHub to maintain and manage the build scripts, test data used, and other documents related to the project.
• Test scripts are automated, created and executed using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG. Test data required for the Automated test scripts are created in MS Excel. Used various classes of Selenium like Alerts, select to handle various scenarios.
• Dynamic Xpath has been written to handle hidden and dynamic web Elements. Sync points are used wherever necessary to make the scripts pass.
• Page Object Model approach has been implemented to reduce code redundancy. Used Java as a programming language with Selenium to test web application.
• After execution, generated test reports have been shared with all the team members. Identified defects have been logged in Defect tracking tool HP Quality Centre.
• The defect triage meeting had been conducted to discuss the status of the defects regularly. Test and Run various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
• Worked and communicated with programmers, project managers and other groups to set and meet quality standards and deadlines.
• Used Quality Centre to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
Environment/Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java, Appium, Oracle, TestNG, MySQL, HP Quality Center, XPath