Phone No: 773-***-**** Email: email@example.com EDUCATION
• Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, IL
Master’s in Industrial Technology and Operations (GPA – 3.5/4.0) Expected - May 2018 Coursework includes Industrial Engineering, Statistical Quality and Process Control, Sales and Operations Planning Emphasis in Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management
• KLS Gogte Institute of Technology Belgaum, India Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical June 2016
MPC Containment Systems LLC Chicago, USA
Engineering and Operations Co-Op June 2017 – Present
• Create CAD drawings using AutoCAD based on customer requirements for tanks, liners and athletic products.
• Assist on Ad-hoc projects for operations, create and issue RFQ’s in response to customer quote requests.
• Draft, review and update SOP’s, WI’s and associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
• Facilitate and assure maintenance of Process Flows (PF) and PFMEA documents by conducting internal ISO audits.
• Troubleshoot manufacturing and quality issues by conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) using 8D’s, evaluate risks to track required KPI’s and ensure quality management system (QMS) requirements for ISO 9001: 2015 are met.
• Interface with suppliers across the US for product pricing, availability and create BOM to meet production requirements.
• Ensure work environment complies with OSHA safety standards and maintain inspection reports. Katwe Industries Belgaum, India
Manufacturing and Production Intern March 2016 – May 2016
• Re-designed, manufactured and supplied Rotary Vane Feeder to optimize and reduce the discharge rate from 1000 kg/hr to a range of 150-300 kg/hr as per customer’s requirements.
• Reduced CNC, VMC cycle time by 27% conducting time study measurement, refined the manufacturing process by eliminating rework and waste using lean concepts.
• Supported manufacturing process on CNC lathes and VMC’s to support GD&T definition.
• Improved the material flow path across the shop floor and reduced handling time by 6%.
• Implemented Kaizen activities in the areas of 5S, SMED, VSM to achieve overall reduction in labor & production cost. Mercedes-Benz India Private Limited Pune, India
Logistics Intern January 2016 - February 2016
• Optimized supply chain activities using Just-in-time (JIT) and Just-in-sequence (JIS) methodologies and ensured modules are available for production.
• Worked on claims management using SAP and maintained a database of these claims using Excel.
• Improved packing to optimize empty space in shipments, verified and checked stocks of engines and axles. SKILLS
Technical: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Kaizen, 3D Printing, Sage 100, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, G&M Codes, GD&T, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, PPAP, 5S, ISO 9001 quality management systems (QMS) Languages: English, Hindi, German (working knowledge) ACHIEVEMENTS AND CERTIFICATION
• Six Sigma and Lean: Quantitative Tools for Quality and Productivity June 2017 - Present
• Recognized for innovative design and manufacture of low capacity Rotary Vane Feeder by Hindalco Industries Ltd
• Completed training on PPAP requirements as per Mahindra & Mahindra (Automotive Sector)