NICOLE M. DICKENS
San Jose, CA • 650-***-**** • email@example.com
PROFILE AND SKILL SUMMARY
10+ years of Fortune 100 experience in strategic planning, business development, new product introductions, and financial management. Developed high functioning teams in both spin-off and merger environments. Consulting clients include Cisco, Marketo and Caliva, the leading medical cannabis dispensary in the nation. Currently founder of Zoetica, Inc., an organization focused on developing new business ideas that have the capacity to transformation society. Educational accomplishments include an MBA from the Ross School at the University of Michigan and a B.S. in Commerce from the McIntire School at the University of Virginia.
CORE COMPETENCIES / EXPERTISE
• Strategic Planning and Business Development • Social Entrepreneurship
• Business Model and Risk Management • Fundraising
• Business Performance and Value Drivers • Financial Analysis and Reporting
• Business Plan and Investor Presentation • Global Cash and Credit Management
• Project and Program Management • Training and Facilitation
• Leadership Development and Mentorship • Special Events and Conference Planning PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Zoetica, Inc. Los Gatos, CA
Founder and Principal 7/2016 – Present
Provide organizational development services and start-up support to both for-profit and non-profit entities
• Developed business plan for an investment firm with assets in the US and the South Pacific that won investment commitments of $50M.
• Developed business models, marketing and operational plans for small businesses in the hospitality and retail industries that increased revenues, reduced costs and improved service model delivery.
• Developed marketing strategy for an annual conference that doubled attendance year over year. Agylytyx (formerly Funding Profiles) Sunnyvale, CA Business Development Consultant 7/2013 – 6/2016
Consultant on the funding, sales, go to market and product development strategy for this SaaS business intelligence tool.
• Refined investor and client collateral and pitch presentations which have been successful in winning clients, funding and partnerships. Led the market segmentation and analysis process for the company.
• Developed funding strategy for our current seed bridge and future series A rounds, connecting the organization to two venture-capitalist firms
• Influenced re-branding strategy for company that more accurately reflects the current product and future roadmap. Abundare Group, Inc. Mountain View, CA
Principal and Co-Founder 7/2010 – 7/2013
Managed this business incubator that provided entrepreneurs with the foundation, community and capital on which to build their startups, so they can REV UP and RAMP UP. We focused on companies which had a desire to positively impact society.
• Led the successful launch of Grilla Bites, an organic and natural restaurant in Salt Lake City, UT. Raised $850K in investment, negotiated contracts with founder and Salt Lake City Redevelopment Agency, oversaw store design and construction, hired and oversaw training of local team of 21.
• Created organizational structure, governance model, and strategic planning process, facilitating an ideal environment for new business incubation and acceleration.
• Co-developed 5 business ideas that address opportunities that would positively impact society. Extreme Networks Santa Clara, CA
Business Unit Finance Manager – Volume Products Group 6/2008 – 3/2009 Finance Support for Volume Products Global Business Unit on strategy & planning, competitive analysis, as well as, financial reporting support for the R&D function.
• Performed in depth financial analysis of products company-wide that gave visibility to executive management on where profit improvement opportunities lie and included the revamping of its product life cycle financial model that led to reshaping portfolio management discussions with an estimated value of $650M.
• Performed business and financial model analysis for possible mergers, acquisitions and partnerships as part of strategic planning.
• Developed a big deal analysis forecasting tool, linking marketing, IT, business unit and finance contributors to speed up decision-making.
Hewlett Packard Cupertino, CA
Strategy and Planning Senior Analyst – Consumer PCs and Digital Entertainment 12/2004 – 2/2008 Finance lead for Digital Entertainment Global Business Unit, providing strategy & planning, financial reporting, competitive and business analysis for TV solutions group. Finance Support for Consumer PCs Global Business Unit on strategy & planning, competitive analysis for all of consumer desktops, as well as planning and reporting for the global marketing function.
• Developed and presented pitches to executive management that facilitated the continued $20M+ investment into the digital entertainment space that led to the development of the first connected or “Smart” TV.
• Developed product life cycle model that was the primary tool for managing $100M Digital TV Business.
• Developed multi-year strategic financial plans that articulated revenue and profit opportunities to executive management for consumer pc and digital entertainment. Additional Experience (details available upon request) Hewlett Packard Palo Alto, CA
Citibank, N.A. New York, NY
LEADERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL / NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS Marketing & Operations Chair, Passion Talks 5/2017 – Present A non-profit organization seeking to give voice to humble dialogue at the intersection of faith and work.
• Provide marketing, financial and strategic direction for this TED talk style two-day conference hosted at Google. Consultant, rēp / The Institute for Innovation, Integration & Impact – Saratoga, CA 7/2003 – 7/2013 Consultant to businesses in Africa and Asia that have the capacity to create jobs using a proven model that provides a holistic approach to business to have the greatest impact on the local economy. Clients range from startups to multi-million dollar enterprises.
• Trained and led teams of up to 20+ for the 2007-2011 ventures to South Africa, India and Israel.
• Launched a new service model to help accelerate traction on the ground in South Africa, Fall 2009.
• Developed the Business Leadership Series designed to help individuals reconcile career, calling, and community into a more integrated lifestyle. Model launched in the Bay Area in 2006 and abroad 2007, attracting 100+ new recruits world-wide.
• Supported the founder in developing various new products and services, including tools, publications and forums. Board of Directors, Chair, Women’s Recovery Association – Burlingame, CA 5/2008 – 6/2011 A non-profit organization serving San Mateo County that helps women free themselves from substance abuse.
• Provided financial and strategic direction for this $2M gender-specific substance abuse treatment center during the financial crisis fall-out from 2008-2011.
TED License & Sponsor Relations, TEDX NewWallStreet – Silicon Valley 10/2011 - 3/2012 A series of talks designed to explore the empowerment of a new reality – a banking system different than the Industrial Age system we inherited.
• Provided fundraising and operational support for this TEDX Talk held at the Computer History Museum in March 2012.
EDUCATION / SKILLS
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI • MBA, Corporate Strategy and Finance Recipient, Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellowship University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA • B.S., Commerce Stanford University, Stanford, CA • Stanford Continuing Studies Coursework Business and Revenue Model Innovation • Principles for Invention and Innovation • Clean Tech Entrepreneurship • Creativity in Leadership