Stephen F. Wilson
Succasunna, New Jersey 07876 Email: email@example.com Qualification Summary
Dedicated and innovative Senior Executive with extensive expertise in logistics, supply chain, transportation, delivery system and customer satisfaction within highly competitive markets. Systematic professional skilled in successfully navigating corporations large and small through periods of accelerated growth. Recognized capacity to work in fast-paced settings, resolving complex issues and building long-term relationships with clients. Possess outstanding communication, interpersonal, presentation and cross-functional skills. Passionate about the beverage industry with many years of experience in delivering exceptional sales and portfolio growth. Areas of Expertise include:
§ Strategic Planning & Analysis § Logistics Administration § Revenue & Profit Growth
§ Business Development § P&L Management § Customer Experience & Satisfaction
§ Sales & Marketing Initiatives § Staff Training & Leadership § Operating Systems & Compliance Business Experience
Principal – SF Wilson Consulting LLC February 2017 – Present Working as a independent consultant assisting transportation and logistics matters. DOT Compliance, driver retention, driver safety, drayage, sales and marketing are my primary areas of focus. Vice President Transportation and Logistics – Seafrigo USA March 2016 – February 2017 Retained initially as a consultant to evaluate the overall process, systems WMS-TMS interaction, employees and assets and USDOT issues including hours of service violations and driver retention as well as implement a TMS and upgrade all assets. When the 2017 budget was presented the board choose to invent in other divisions and performed a reorganization eliminating 5 executives.
• Implemented TMS McLeod Powerbroker and Loadmaster, E-Logs, Speed Gauge, Nimble Technology tracking
• Updated the asset truck fleet to Penske full service lease units
• Purchased 20 multi-temp refrigerated trailers
• Removed drivers and employees who were violating HOS and USDOT rules
• Truck Brokerage operating at 11% GPM
• Drayage operations operating at 28% GPM
President and Chief Executive Officer – Priority Logistics March 2015 – January 2016 I was offered the opportunity to develop a buyout strategy for the owners of the company. During due diligence, the lending and actual P&L had issues and I rescinded my offer due to market valuation.
• Responsibilities included full responsibility for 3 companies within the Priority Logistics umbrella totaling over $100M revenue
• Oversaw operations for truckload, intermodal, less than truckload, small package
• Implemented a new operating system NetSuite a single source for transportation management, financials and CRM control
• Drove DSO from 68 days to 31 days
Director of North American Transportation – JF Hillebrand August 2010 – March 2015 Responsibility included sales, strategy, marketing and operations of JF Hillebrand North American Transportation group for the world’s largest beverage logistics company. P&L responsibility for 3 offices in Canada, 3 in the USA and 2 in Mexico. Developed the North American network of providers for Drayage, Truck, Intermodal, Railcar, Air and LTL including cross border and customs compliance. Established senior level contracts and developed carrier and vendor performance metrics for customer reporting. Developed global synergies with over 85 offices to allow import and export of goods for North America.
• Annual freight spends $335M
• Developed logistics strategies and processes for entering new markets on a global basis
• 2013 gross margin 23% - covering all business units including import/export, truck brokerage, intermodal, drayage, LTL, opened 3 warehouses including a container freight station handling over 21,500,000 cases and 16,000 SKU’s
• Stephen F. Wilson
• Business Experience (continued)
• 9 direct reports, 149 indirect reports
• 72,000 Import and Export containers handled in 2013
• 7,500 Domestic Intermodal Shipments
• 3,250 Domestic Truckload Shipments up 400% over previous year Vice President Consumer Products/Corporate Account Vice President- Railex July 2007 to March 2010 Responsible for administration of sales, marketing, logistics, pricing and managed transportation for alcoholic beverage shippers and specific consumer product for North America’s first expedited unit train. Tasked with Improving overall sales and marketing efforts and streamlining logistics processes.
• Leading presentations and responsibilities to subordinates comprised of sales, customer service, logistics, and warehousing
• Responsible for sales and marketing of the consumer products division with the focus on Beer, Wine and Spirits.
• Extensive travel to make C-level and public presentations and complex negotiations
• Strong Relationships with Southern Wine and Spirits, Ste Michelle Wine Estates and multiple niche beer, wine and spirit distributors throughout the continental 48 states.
• Developed a beer, wine and spirits consolidation program with revenue exceeding $23MM closed a $15M deal with SMWE. Assistant Vice President Sales & Operations – Alliance Shippers Inc. March 2006 - July 2007 Business Development/Strategy (50%) Evaluated business plans with Senior Management on execution tactics for new business opportunities. Developed and secured national accounts from multiple intermodal, truckload, and rail shippers. Built relationships with Railroads, Drayage Partners, carriers and equipment providers to provide value to clients. Designed and implemented a railcar management program for all Alliance Offices in North America to create margin enhancement opportunities. Logistics Operations-Keasbey (50%) Collaborated with Senior Management to ensure operational excellence, implement and modify (as necessary) company procedures and policies to ensure effective and efficient execution of transportation tactical plan while always maintaining quality programs. Responsible for Keasbey Terminal Intermodal, Trucking, Railcar, Ocean and Warehouse operations including the HR interface and staffing.
Director, Railcar Services – Unyson Logistics June 2005 – March 2006
• Recruited and hired and tasked to re-organize and stabilize a business unit where the entire senior management team was removed.
• Within 90 days had re-staffed with qualified leadership and stabilized the business unit making it profitable.
• Responsible for directing, implementing, and managing the logistics and supply chain strategies for several outsourced transportation contracts with a focus on the Railcar Services and managing Intermodal, Truck and ocean shipments.
• Managed and negotiated with several 3rd party warehouses, carriers and other providers to generate internal margins wherever possible.
• Managed a $40 million operating budget and a 15-person service team. Conrail and CSX Transportation – Multiple Locations and Positions April 1996 – June 2005 Responsibilities included:
• Daily operations of freight and passenger trains in New England and Oak Point.
• Responsible for Operational Testing, Safety Compliance, Derailment Management, Examining and Supervising Transportation employees on the operation of freight trains, and mechanical aspects of locomotives for CSXT New England and Oak Point Operations with 275 Employees and 550 Miles of Track in 3 States.
• Lead presentations to FRA, AMTRAK, MBTA and CSX Senior Management in the Mechanical and Operations departments for implementation of ACSES, the only high-speed positive train control system in the United States, earning confidence with reliable follow through and clear communication.
• Supervised contingency planning and response to crossing accidents and emergencies including interaction between federal, state and local officials.
Stephen F. Wilson
• Business Experience (continued)
• Coordinated problem resolution involving derailments, equipment defects, weather, and track and signal issues.
• Collaborated with 4 passenger rail agencies, and 14 short line railroads.
• Provided testimony on behalf of CSX for accidents and litigation Professional Training/ Education:
• 3/05 Hudson Valley Community College
• 9/04 CSXT Multiple Training Courses
• 3/99 Conrail Engineer Training School
• 4/04 CSXT Remote Control Locomotive Operator Trainer
• 6/95 Nationally Registered Paramedic
• United States Coast Guard
o Honorable Discharge
o Active Combat Duty Operations Gulf War 1991-1992