firstname.lastname@example.org 347-***-**** https://www.linkedin.com/in/achalpatel30 https://github.com/achal30 EDUCATION
Master of Science in Computer Science Binghamton, NY Binghamton University, State University of Binghamton May 2018
• Data Mining, Software Project Management, Software Engineering, Data Analysis and Algorithms Bachelor’s in computer science Gujarat, India
Gujarat Technological University June 2016
• Assisted Librarian Ranjita N Dash with “Library Digitization and Improvement” SQL database project by formulating and implementing efficient data storage and retrieval strategies which decreased the query response time by 10 seconds. QUALIFICATIONS:
• Programming Language – C, JAVA, C#, Python, PHP, R.
• Business Intelligence and Analytics Tools – Tableau, MS Project, MS Visio, MATLAB, Excel Solver.
• Database Technologies – SQL, Oracle, MySQL, MS Excel, Apache Spark, SQL Server, MS Access, Microsoft SQL.
• Tools and Technologies – ASP .Net, OmniUpdate, Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio, Putty, Jupyter Notebook, NetBeans, WinSCP, WEKA.
Research Foundation, State University of New York August 2017 – Present Research Project Assistant, Research Advancement
• Developing a web project on Event planning and management system to automate the allocation of human resources to the events according to their availability, thus optimizing the handling of events and resources.
• Improved efficiency, executable size, and readability of previously poorly-maintained code modules by 15% through code refactoring, optimization, and documentation.
• Implement, monitor and maintain changes to webpages via Content Management System (OmniUpdate). Samay Software Inc. June 2015 – November 2015
Software Developer Intern
• Design, develop and testing of software from scratch.
• Responsible for maintenance of web application after its deployment.
• Reviewing prior code and optimizing the code for better performance.
• Coordinate with the team in developing web projects. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Time-Series Data Trend Prediction January 2017 – April 2017
• JAVA application to predict the data based on the previous past information given using data mining concepts.
• Performed data integration, data cleaning and data reduction through windows based rolling regression.
• Developed a model to find out autocorrelation constant and remove the outliers through random forest regression algorithm.
• Used WEKA as tool for the project and whole project was implemented in JAVA. Apex (A Pipeline Example) Simulator September 2016 – December 2016
• Implemented CPU pipeline processor using JAVA to understand the actual CPU instruction processing.
• The system supports register to register instructions, memory instructions and control flow instructions.
• It is aided with out of order of order instruction processing providing a better and efficient performance.
• Issue queue and ROB are used with multiple function units having different latencies. System for Commodity Ordering and Delivery with Inventory Management November 2015 – May 2016
• Designed and normalized SQL database supported with interactive UI to allow shop owners to post items online and act as a one stop destination for customers to order items online from various categories simultaneously.
• It facilitates the store owner with the feature of Inventory Management, which will keep track of the records in inventory.
• Built complex queries, created reports using Tableau, set up triggers and created stored procedures to gain analytical and statistical insights which enabled stakeholders to make informed business decisions. Online Tourism Management August 2014 – October 2014
• Provides the users with the features to manage travel through user friendly interface.
• Faster processing and response time and more accurate data for the travelers.
Online Examination Portal March 2017 – May 2017
• Web application that relieves the examiner and student from the hassle of physically going to a common place for examination. Its and auto-grader exam and so makes the work easy and students will also see instantaneous result.
• Agile Methodology was used as model and conducted SCRUMS as a Scrum Master and worked with a team of 5 person.
• Pivotal Tracker, Slack and Google Hangout were used to create the application and unit testing was performed.