Union City, CA 404-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
A passionate writer, content creator, environmental science graduate with good technical and project management skills. Over 4 years of experience in statistical analysis & research, water quality analysis, process improvement and content writing & analysis.
• ESRI ArcGIS
• MS Office & Access
• ERDAS ER Mapper
• Google Earth
1) Collabera Inc, CA, Content Review Analyst September 2017 - Present
• Reviewing content and classifying them according to policy for a major social media client. Using internal software tools to understand trends and mark the trends.
• Providing insights on content reviewed. Involved in providing feedback and suggestions on review process and workflow.
2) Writer/Content Head, www.ThatMate.com May 2016 - Present
• Thatmate is a startup which serves as a platform for mental health & sex education in India. We cover topics like child abuse, child safety, puberty, LGBT and physical & mental health. Duties include: Writing and editing articles online. Providing weekly updates to the website. 3) Texas Southern University, TX, Research Assistant November 2014 - December 2016 Master’s Thesis: “Impact of environmental and land cover changes on the water quality characteristics of East Tennessee watersheds” Funded by National Science Foundation & Oak Ridge National Laboratory
• Performed qualitative and quantitative research and statistical analysis on the data provided by ORNL
(Oak Ridge National Laboratory) to better understand the hot spots of mercury pollution in East Tennessee watersheds using MS Excel and Minitab.
• Developed a geospatial database of mercury contamination pattern in fish at these watersheds by processing and analyzing the satellite imagery using remote sensing software ERDAS ERMapper and studied the historical mercury accumulation pattern by generating maps in ArcGIS. 4) Texas Southern University, TX, Teaching Assistant January 2015 - December 2016
• Assisted professor in achieving educational objectives by conducting lectures, labs and review sessions, and writing and grading exams and student papers. Tutored students both one-on-one and in groups during weekly office hours, review sessions, and in the classroom. 5) Texas Southern University, TX, Master’s Projects April 2015 - May 2016
• Environmental Remote Sensing project: Created normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) and temporal ratio images to perform time series analysis and observe the change in vegetation cover. SHRUTI LAKKARAJU
Union City, CA 404-***-**** email@example.com 2
6) University of Southern California, CA, Research Assistant August 2011 - May 2013 Statistical analysis of Hydraulic fracturing data in a tight gas reservoir, Los Hills, California - Funded by CiSoft (Center for Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies) Chevron, California.
• Researched, analyzed and created a report on the parameters involved in hydraulic fracturing job.
• Performed linear regression on the parameters to understand their relationship with each other in over 100 wells by using principal component analysis. 7) University of Southern California, CA, Teaching Assistant January 2011 - December 2011
• Assisted the professor in handling the graduate class of Advanced Production Engineering 8) University of Southern California, CA, Master’s Projects August 2010 - January 2011
• Developed a database and performed sensitivity analysis for horizontal flow model by ‘Babu and Odeh’ method using Visual Basic and Macros.
• Black oil two phase numerical simulation in 2D with MATLAB using a finite difference method. Designed a database using MS Access for hydraulic fracturing data management. 9) University of Southern California, CA
Student Library Assistant August 2010 - December 2012
• Front desk student assistant at Wilson Dental Library. Helped in sorting, organizing and handing out the library books.
10) Sterling Oil Ltd., Mumbai, India
Geology Trainee January 2009 - July 2009
• Developed a detailed well planning program for an exploratory well.
• Created a report on the best well plan by calculating the length of the well trajectory, selection of proper drilling hardware, calculating the casing points, logging objectives and logging tools. 11) Weatherford, Mumbai, India
Engineer Trainee June 2007
• Intensive 2 week training on directional drilling technology, measurement while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD) tools.
• Visited the Weatherford tools workshop to understand how the tools are made and used. Education
Master of Science in Environmental Toxicology, Texas Southern University, TX, December 2016 Master of Science in Petroleum Engineering, University of Southern California, CA, May 2013 Bachelors of Engineering in Petroleum Engineering, University of Pune, India, June 2009 Certification & Awards:
College of Science, Engineering & Technology scholarship for excellence in academics, TX, August 2015 - 2016 Woodruff Petroleum Award & Rapp Foundation Scholarship, CA, August 2010 - December 2012 Activities:
Volunteering for River Cleanup at Guadalupe River Park, San Jose, CA, May 2017 – August 2017 Science Research Week Poster Presentation, Texas Southern University, TX, March 2015 & 2016 Volunteered for Medical Bridges, Houston, TX, August 2016