DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Kentwood, MI 49512
email@example.com - 616-***-****
Strategically focused Human Resource Executive with proven success in doing improvements in organizational culture, employee engagement and retention. Recognized ability to improve under performing operations, identify deficiencies and opportunities and develop innovative solutions across the organization. Experienced with department start-ups, mergers & acquisitions, multi-state operations and organizational restructuring. Willing to relocate to: Lansing, MI
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Grand Rapids Chair Company - Grand Rapids, MI -
2012 - 2017
Direct all Human Resource functions including: payroll, recruitment; policy administration; employee relations; benefit administration; wage and compensation structure; Identified and implemented numerous ideas to streamline processes to include: centralizing key HR functions (staffing, onboarding, training, performance management and payroll); provide training and coaching.
• Established and maintained proper structures and processes to track time and attendance, vacations, FMLA and other activities resulting in efficiency gains of 33%
• Significantly reduced work related injuries resulting in a .7 MOD rate and substantial cost savings
• Improved overall employee satisfaction by 33%
• Established manufacturing cross training program. DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
EENHOORN LLC - Grand Rapids, MI -
2010 - 2012
Overseen the full scope of human resources and directed staff in the areas of: organizational structure, employment, compensation, employee database maintenance, payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, orientation/training/development, and policy/procedure development. Oversee development and monitoring of the human resources division budget.
• Completed successful implementation of payroll software package in less than 90 days.
• Reduce overlapping processes by 35% without service interruptions in less than 120 days after start up.
• Implemented employee safety program which led to reduction of work-related accidents by 30%
• Instituted team concepts to support training which reduced internal rework and waste by 50% within 60 days.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
FEYEN ZYLSTRA - Grand Rapids, MI -
2008 - 2009
Ensure legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations to minimize exposure to liability; Manage the recruitment/selection process; Oversee benefit administration; Collaborate with Executive Team on business initiative; Administer company-wide policies; procedures, practices, programs and plans related to employee relations activities; Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of work-related problems and issues; Administer compensation practices and policies; compile statistical reports and information.
• Successfully implemented HR Programs which ensured consistency throughout region and provide managers with critical tools to enhance productivity.
• Established performance management systems and progressive discipline policy and recruitment process guidelines.
DIRECTOR OF TRAINING
BETHANY CHRISTIAN SERVICES - Grand Rapids, MI -
2000 - 2006
Responsible for the development, maintenance, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive training program for employees across 70+ branch offices through U.S.; Designed, directed and managed company-wide process of organizational development that addresses issues such as succession planning, employee retention; and change management; Served as internal consultant to Executive Committee on issues related to Organizational Development.
• Led web based interface for employee orientation which saved company $95,000 in travel expenses.
• Computerized the process of tracking employee training by developing a Learning Management System via Lotus Notes. The change resulted in the centralization of training records which dramatically increased the efficiency of locating and processing employee records.
• Installed full-service training center which comprised of staff library, state-of-the art Learning Labs and classroom.
DIRECTOR OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION
ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL - Memphis, TN -
1992 - 1999
DIRECTOR OF STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND
Master of Business Administration in Business Administration UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS
B.S. in Business Administration
MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
TRAINING, COMPENSATION, HR, BENEFITS, EEO
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Culture Development / Improvement • HRIS Selection and Implementation
• Employee Retention • Workplace Investigation
• Compensation & Benefits Design • Labor Law
• Training & Development • Training and Development
• Talent Acquisition & Management • Harassment/EEO Issues
• HR Policy/Procedure Development • DiSC Analysis
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS / CERTIFICATION/ AFFILIATIONS