firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 213-***-****
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA May 2018 (Expected) Master of Science, Computer Science (GPA: 3.67/4.0) Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India June 2012 Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science (GPA: 3.8/4.0) TECHNICAL SKILLS
Spry Health, Palo Alto, CA (Summer Internship – Algorithm Engineer) (May 2017 - August 2017)
• Predicted patient health vitals from wristband by feature engineering PPG signals. Utilized Scikit-Learn, Kalman Filter, and Cross-Validation ML techniques and prevented patients from hospitalization.
• Created visualization tools to find a correlation of feature & analyze dataset for anomalies using Python, Highchart, Slickgrid, Django and took complete ownership of Visualization project.
• Redesigned architecture to collect data from wristband by collaborating with firmware team. Integrated data with AWS cloud. Took initiation and created an alert framework from scratch with Python. D. E. Shaw India Private Limited, India (Senior Member Technical) (July 2012 - July 2016)
• Full-stack software developer for Asset-Backed Security (ABS) strategy. Designed front-end, back-end and python web-services to support technical infrastructure contributing to a $1B profit, along with manager.
• Took complete ownership of Non-Performing Loans, CMBS and became main point of contact for traders. ACADEMIC PROJECT (August 2016 - Present)
• Research Assistantship: Predicted companies’ competitors before a start of a company with Machine Learning (Text-based Network Industry Classification project). (http://hobergphillips.usc.edu/)
• Machine Learning: Linear regression on UCI wine quality dataset. KNN, Logistic regression, Multi Layer Perceptron, Convolution Neural Network, SVM on MNIST handwritten digit dataset. K-Means, GMM on blob and circle dataset. Naïve Bayes for Ham/Spam on Enron Investigation dataset using Python.
• Robotics: Programmed NAO robot to balance on 1 leg and draw a square and an eight with its arms. Analyzed differences of Kalman Filter & Butterworth filter. (https://youtu.be/KQlSZqyV_O8)
• Natural Language Processing (NLP): Researched emotion detection of Hindi songs with unsupervised spectral clustering with a team of four. HMM for Catalan language part-of-speech tagging. Designed Naive Bayes for classification of hotel reviews deceptive/truth using Python.
• Artificial Intelligence: Inferred logical statement from a sequence of Logics with Knowledgebase resolution. ACHIEVEMENTS AND HONOURS
• Headed team of 4, planned project and won “Best Artificial Intelligence (AI) Hack”- Hackathon at USC.
• Built an intelligent game playing agent, played against 600+ AI students algorithm at USC; Ranked 5th.
• Superstar promotion; Represented ABS Team in New York office; Mentored newly joined colleagues.