● Leadership role in a high tech industry company where my contribution directly contributes to the functionality, scalability, reliability and profit of the company.. Architecture Skills
● Developing and implementing complex, multi-tier technical architectures.
● Technology planning (disaster recovery, scalability, performance tuning, load balancing, and source control).
● Defining strategic direction to set industry defined standards for enterprise solutions.
● Technology evaluation and selection.
● Application architecture design (Rational enterprise architecture framework as well as open source). Management and personal Skills
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the group to foster teamwork and vision for the growth of the organization. Ability to collaborate with peer technical architecture teams and managers (as a way to leverage and share technology).
● Proven record of team building/hiring as well as motivating and educating clients and staff members.
● High-energy and strong ability to work well under pressure, under tight deadlines.
● Flexible and adaptable to new ideas and approaches.
● Remain current with the professional and industry trends to ensure creativity, as well as to maintain "cutting edge" services.
Syncplicity – Santa Clara, CA (7/2016 to 9/2017)
Director of Technical Operations
Managed 3 different groups within the production operation department:
● Technical Operations (1 manager, 5 team leads and 13 FTE)
● DBA (1 team lead and 4 FTE)
● NOC (1 manager, 3 team leads, 20 FTE)
Key Objectives Completed in the first 4 months in the role:
● In charge of $4.5M COGS budget
● Successfully negotiated new Microsoft Licensing agreement saving over $1M over the next 3 years
● Implemented a change management process with audit capabilities for SOC compliance
● Implemented a patch management process for each of the environments
● Built a new team to build new production and staging environments that are strategic to product delivery Peak Hosting – Portland, OR (2014 to 2/2016)
As a Solutions Architect my duties include: Pre-sales and post-sales systems, network and storage architecture. ROI calculations and sales order creation, validation, and approval. Pricing of services, products and hardware. Creation of new products and research of what is in the marketplace for similar services offered. Vendor management and order management of servers, networking gear, and storage. Understanding the software and hardware architecture of all current clients as well as future clients to help them architect for the best bang for their buck. Consulting with current and potential clients from C-level down to developer.
Wells Fargo – San Jose, CA (2013 to 2014)
As a systems architect the duties include: Model and diagram in Enterprise Architect ver 9.3 the current system architecture for projects related to online money movement as well as reporting systems projects. Model and diagram new projects and re-provisioned servers or decommissioned servers. Account for the licenses of the system software on the servers and the new project expenses related to the systems and software. Kept track of the versions of software (MQ, JDK, WebLogic, Oracle) for upgrades/updates and the approved versions for production/SIT/QA. eBay – San Jose, CA (2011 to 2013)
Problem and Change Manager
As a problem manager the duties include: Root cause analysis on incidents that have occurred on the production site; Create tiger teams for ongoing issues that are on the site, but have a temporary fix in place; Communicate status to upper level operations management for high visibility problems; Correlate past incidents and issues to eliminate recurring incidents in the future; Calculate and model uptime losses per incident per component. My areas of focus were Q4 site readiness; database stability; capacity planning; and vulnerabilities in which a single entity (user/store/program) could impact the functionality of a specific component on the site.
As Change Manager the duties include: Managing the schedule, planning, and administration for the operation’s change maintenance window for the eBay production site. This is an audit and compliance only change management program. Netflix – Los Gatos, CA (2009 to 2011)
Senior Systems Administrator Infrastructure Support Services Maintain and support the web site, streaming services, applications, databases, and network for development, staging and production environments. As an ISS Engineer, I help with deploying code, fixing drive space issues, keeping SOX compliance permissions, and promptly/efficiently brought site back up after an outage. Train and mentor other engineers within the department with the necessary skills and help them to attain higher level of expertise to perform the tasks at-hand. Web and application layer technologies supported include; Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic, LDAP, Windows Active Directory, DNS and Oracle Applications.
Verizon Business - San Francisco, CA (2007 to 2008) Principal Technical Architect Professional Services As a professional services engineer I help bring existing enterprise environments into the Verizon Business monitoring and systems operations framework so that the client’s current infrastructure can be monitored and maintained by Verizon Business personnel. As a principal technical architect, I am the senior technical lead of the projects and have to keep the team of engineers working on the project within scope and time. I helped with additional SOW’s and kept the client, as well as Verizon management, aware of the project’s status and progress. I help create and maintain the documentation for the project
(production guides or run books, ACL lists, monitoring documentation, and backup documentation to name a few) that gets Transferred To Operations (TTO) after go-live. After the go-live date I monitor and maintain the enterprise environment until the TTO to the Remote Operations Control (ROC) team is complete. Verizon Business (formally Totality)- San Francisco, CA (2006 to 2007 contract with Bayside Solutions) Lead SOC Engineer
Maintain and support the entire company's clients OS, applications, databases, and network for both the staging and production environments. These clients are large E-commerce sites with different architectures, setups and designs. As a Lead SOC Engineer, I helped the clients with deploying code, upgrading servers with memory, CPU, and/or drive space, and promptly/efficiently brought sites back up after an outage all within SLA. Train and mentor other engineers within the department with the necessary skills and help them to attain higher level of expertise to perform the tasks at-hand. Web and application layer technologies supported include; Apache, ATG, MQ, SunOne, Tomcat, WebLogic, and WebSphere. American President Lines (APL) - Oakland, CA (2002 to 2006) Director of Systems Architecture
APL is a global container shipping company based in Singapore. The original IT legacy systems architecture was unstructured and therefore plagued with inefficient coding, lack of processes, sparse documentation and no standards. In 2001, APL elected to migrate to BEA WebLogic. As the Systems Architecture Director, I managed planning, developing, deploying and documenting of the company new system’s installations using CVS as the source control with a product oriented structure. In 2004, the company decided on a different course of action and returned to IBM WebSphere. My team successfully participated in the transfer of all the J2EE applications from two separate older environments to the new one. My responsibilities also include the upgrading of Oblix security framework, installing Cyclone Trading Partner Engine in a cluster, Mercator EDI Transformation engine, and upgrading Mercator to the new IBM DataStage TX in a cross-configured cluster as well as overseeing, maintaining and supporting over 50 in-house and other vendor applications in WLP and WLI enterprise environments.
Verizon Wireless - Walnut Creek, CA (2001 – 2002)
Emerald Solutions - Diverse Locations: NJ, NY, NC, CA (1999 - 2001) Senior Technical Architect
Electronic Data Systems (EDS) - Parsippany, NJ & Santa Clara, CA (1995-1999) Infrastructure Analyst
Rhone-Poulenc - Cranbury, NJ (1992 – 1995)
LAN/WAN/Unix Systems Administrator
Information Management Group (IMG) - Warren, NJ (1989 – 1992) Unix Systems Administration
● Application servers: BEA WebLogic. IBM WebSphere, ATG, Blue Martini, Oracle IAS, Netscape, Tomcat
● Operation systems: Unix (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX, Linux), Windows
● Database: Oracle, Sybase
● Single Sign On (identity servers): LDAP, Oblix
● Mid Range computing technology: HP, Sun, IBM
● Messaging: MQ, JMS
● BASH shell scripting
● Virtualization: VMWare, Sun Solaris Domain, IBM LPAR
● Fault Tolerant Technology: Veritas, Sybase Replication Server, Oracle Replication Server, RAID technologies
● Communications infrastructures: Cisco Routers, CSS, PIX, SCA, Big IP, Foundry Load balancer, Nokia Firewall, Ungerman-Bass bridges, Cabletron switches
Education and Certifications
Stockton State College, Pomona, NJ
The Chubb Institute
HPUX System administration
Cisco Router Software Configuration
BEA WebLogic Administration