Lynn S Lung
I am a detail-oriented individual, exhibiting excellent communication, problem solving and strategic planning skills. I have received an undergraduate degree in Communication Studies, with a focus on International Studies, alongside experience working in administrative and client facing roles within Canada and internationally. I have a record of excellent customer service, strong adaptability and organizational skills. Completed Personal Development Leadership course (PDL). Trilingual, fluent in English, Mandarin, and Malay.
As an Admissions Officer...I manage direct applicants and liaise with international recruitment affiliations (Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in Mexico, Shanghai Liaoyuan Highschool in China, etc.). Maintain and oversee student database on ACT!, and Student Tracker. As a Floor Supervisor... I recruited, trained, and managed personnel. I lead staff with strong leadership and teamwork skills to ensure customers’ satisfaction. As an Administrative Assistant... I coordinated office services and prepared financial statements to assist executives in their decision-making process. Microsoft Office
Digital Content Creation
COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, Hamilton, Ontario
Admissions Officer, Dec 2016 – Present
• Receive 5,000 inquiries, and process 800 applications annually.
• Review monthly admissions statistics and develop monthly managerial report for upper management.
• Maintain records management database systems, and performing bookkeeping work.
• Direct scholarships, and perform activities such as selecting recipients and distributing aid.
• Utilize knowledge of the school's facilities and amenities to provide school tours to parents/agents.
• Confer with other academic staff members to generate study plans and invoices for potential students.
• Work closely with all other departments, and provide admissions data to all partnered departments (Liaison, Residence, Student Development and Academic).
• Track and update application process, co-ordinate with agents/parents and staff regarding amendments to student documents, mailing out hardcopy Letter of Acceptances to agent/parents internationally.
• Coordinate airport pickup services for incoming students/parents upon arrival to Canada.
• Provide Accounting office with invoices, payment plans and deposit plans, and update them on any payment amendments for the new incoming students.
• Assist Visa department with student study permit and visa renewals with comprehensive knowledge of Immigration policies
TATEMONO SUSHI RESTAURANT AND BAR, Hamilton, Ontario Floor Supervisor, Dec 2014 – Feb 2016
• Performed personnel actions, such as staff employment, conducted interviews, provided employee orientation and training, and conducted supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules, and organizing employee time sheets.
• Assigned duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
• Managed inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
• Performed various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll. SAPPORO SUSHI RESTAURANT, Hamilton, Ontario
Server, Nov 2015 – Feb 2016
• Monitored food distribution, ensuring that meals are delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines, such as those for special diets, are followed.
• Provided prompt, efficient, friendly, and quality service at all times. FUJISPEC LIMITED, Singapore
Administrative Assistant, Jun 2011 – Jan 2012
• Prepared invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Performed office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
• Coordinated and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
• Prepared invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. SONY CORPORATION, Johor Bahru, Johor
Sales Representative, Jan 2011 – Jun 2011
• Recommended, selected, and helped obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Provided customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
• Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Communication Studies, Sep 2012 - May 2016
• Received entrance scholarship
Columbia International College, Hamilton, Ontario
High School Diploma, Jun 2012
• Ontario Scholar
Infant Jesus Convent, Johor Bahru, Johor
High School Diploma, Dec 2011
• English Cambridge 1119
• LCCI Level 2 Certificate in Book-keeping and Accounts ADDITIONAL SKILLS & INTERESTS
• Fluent in English, Mandarin and Malay.
• Volunteer for Community Volunteer Action, 2013-2015
• Participate in work committees (Health and Safety Board & Social Committee), 2016- Present
• Personal Interests:
o Hiking: Dundas Peak, Bishop Trail (Fraser’s Hill, Malaysia), Southern Ridges (Singapore) o Languages: studied Russian (2015-2016), studied Japanese (2012-2016)